Elections US Election Day PBP Thread

Who did you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m IN.
This is a very important election as we all know, and I expect a lot of fights and challenges over mail in ballots—so I am casting mine in person. Polls open in about an hour and fifteen mins.
I decided to vote in person too a couple of hours ago. It won't determine the winner but the popular vote will be a good indicator of the will of the people. Let's see how different it is this year compared to the 3 million edge Hillary had last time.

My prediction:

1. I will run out of "likes" by the time polls close.
2. Two Sherdoggers will be banned by the time polls close.
3. School attendance will dip for the next couple of days.
4. My wife will mention that I need put pick up some milk (or another dairy product) once by the time polls close.

Agreed. Even if it doesn’t go the way I’d like, I’m glad it has had such high involvement. That’s how it SHOULD be. When voter turnout is only 50%, we really not capturing the average American correctly.

If u have to be brainwashed into voting id rather you not vote

I think issues-wise that's fair for sure. With a different figurehead, I'm sure the current version of the party would appeal to me more. I probably put too much stock into the person at the helm, but it's unsettling to me to have such a narcissist as the most powerful person on earth. It's just me playing armchair psychologist which maybe is stupid, IDK. But with Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc. there was always the vibe that while they undoubtedly looked out for themselves, they did in fact care about America more. They made bad choices sure. They often had a different view of what the country should look like than I do. In the case of Bush Jr, let himself be steered way to much by the warhawks. But it always seemed like they were thoughtful and doing what they could to make things better. With Trump...it feels to me like every decision he makes is about him. Leadership isn't saying things like "You all are so lucky that you have me as president".

Again, this is just me playing armchair shrink so take it for what it's worth. But this is BY FAR my biggest problem with Trump:

When someone believes they are infallible as he seems to believe, what is the point of putting real thought into any decisions? Of actually looking into things that are a big deal to make sure you are making the most educated choice you can? If you don't believe yourself capable of making mistakes (and he just honestly seems to feel that way about himself), why waste the time really digging into it? Whatever you decide to do, you'll unquestionably be right. So why bother with thougtfulness?
I hear ya man. There's a lot thst I dislike about Trump. Especially his personality.
Thsts said, I don't think the Republican party would have shifter and have become so welcoming if he wasn't in charge. I think he's the shot in the arm they needed. The mitt Romney types aren't really needed much anymore and appeal.to almost no none. Something had to change, but no one wanted to take the first step.
His bombastic personality also helped whip guys like Cruz into line and honestly I like the new Cruz. Guy seems like he found a reason to fight for. He even extends his hand across the aisle on issues

Another big win for Donald Trump and America, and burning, looting, rioting, murdering, and dumpster fires by the Left.

Dems will claim that the win is a "red mirage", and that we can't declare a winner "until every vote is counted." They'll then claim Trump "suppressed" the vote when he is eventually declared the winner, and it will be 4 more years of the "resistance."
Every vote should be counted right? And if not for judges ruling against them Republicans would have disenfranchised hundreds of thousands of voters.

You'll be doing God's work if you help keep the false claims of premature "it's all over" to a min once Trump declares victory around noon when no legitimate source has confirmed it.
I hope enough has been put out there at this point that people are prepared for it. It’s so destructive. If he gets elected, fine. But we need to count the votes. I do not expect to have a result tonight, I expect this to take several days, and potentially weeks. That being said I fully intend to stay informed every step of the way

Has anything been burned down yet?

boy-child-impatient-gif.gif
I burnt my toast this morning. <{1-11}>

Which media outlet's comments section will be spewing with the most hate?

I hope enough has been put out there at this point that people are prepared for it. It’s so destructive. If he gets elected, fine. But we need to count the votes. I do not expect to have a result tonight, I expect this to take several days, and potentially weeks. That being said I fully intend to stay informed every step of the way
Agreed regarding counting votes. Everyone should agree on that and it's crazy that one candidate is trying to sabotage people's right to have their vote counted. If Trump gets more votes I'd much prefer that to some BS court related Biden win that is hardly decisive.

Either we know Biden won by tomorrow because it wasn't even close or yeah, gonna be days if not weeks as Trump's only path is a close race.

As a non-American, all I can say at this point is good luck to you all, and most importantly, let’s hope that this doesn’t devolve into yet another 2020 style shitshow.

I decided to vote in person too a couple of hours ago. It won't determine the winner but the popular vote will be a good indicator of the will of the people. Let's see how different it is this year compared to the 3 million edge Hillary had last time.

I hope you understand it is possible to subvert the will of the people.

Social justice is not what you think it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back