Elections US Election Day PBP Thread

Who did you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate the compliment man, thanks.

(Well, I'm not a registered R but I think the sentiment still applies...)
No worries man. I dislike the Republican party that got us into Iraq and didn't care about the financial crisis. Liking the direction of the new party though

It’s an odd measure. The underlying belief now is that Biden probably has more votes in hand going into Election Day, some edge in early voting, and some deficit in e-day votes. If there’s 11 million votes cast, and 9.7 million are early, wouldn’t that favor him more than 12 million total cast? Or would the assumption be that it’s a signifier of more balanced early voting if expected r voters don’t come out today?

Anyway, Texas is likely going to remain just out of reach.

It’s an odd measure. The underlying belief now is that Biden probably has more votes in hand going into Election Day, some edge in early voting, and some deficit in e-day votes. If there’s 11 million votes cast, and 9.7 million are early, wouldn’t that favor him more than 12 million total cast? Or would the assumption be that it’s a signifier of more balanced early voting if expected r voters don’t come out today?

Anyway, Texas is likely going to remain just out of reach.

Not really sure what the underlying assumptions in Texas are but I've seen this 12M number mentioned by others.

I was number 100 at 8:30 am.

Took me about 40 minutes total with driving to my polling place, standing in line, voting, and then driving back home.

Not really sure what the underlying assumptions in Texas are but I've seen this 12M number mentioned by others.

I have too, I’m just not sure if it’s based on any measure of projected early votes, which could decide the election, or more of a horse sense statement from experienced Texas political operatives.

I voted early and it took maybe 10 minutes. Might drive down to see if my usual polling place is busier than last year.

I feel so disrespected right now.

At least you can stop trying to pretend to be a cool anti establishment rage against the machine guy now.

100 million votes already according to CNN. This is going to break records by a huge margin.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vot...tes_presidential_elections#Turnout_statistics

Regardless of outcome, a massive increase in turnout is great for the country. Whoever wins will likely have received more votes than any candidate in history, which should help with his popular mandate. The loser will probably end up second all time, though that’s a meaningless accomplishment.

No worries man. I dislike the Republican party that got us into Iraq and didn't care about the financial crisis. Liking the direction of the new party though

I think issues-wise that's fair for sure. With a different figurehead, I'm sure the current version of the party would appeal to me more. I probably put too much stock into the person at the helm, but it's unsettling to me to have such a narcissist as the most powerful person on earth. It's just me playing armchair psychologist which maybe is stupid, IDK. But with Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc. there was always the vibe that while they undoubtedly looked out for themselves, they did in fact care about America more. They made bad choices sure. They often had a different view of what the country should look like than I do. In the case of Bush Jr, let himself be steered way to much by the warhawks. But it always seemed like they were thoughtful and doing what they could to make things better. With Trump...it feels to me like every decision he makes is about him. Leadership isn't saying things like "You all are so lucky that you have me as president".

Again, this is just me playing armchair shrink so take it for what it's worth. But this is BY FAR my biggest problem with Trump:

When someone believes they are infallible as he seems to believe, what is the point of putting real thought into any decisions? Of actually looking into things that are a big deal to make sure you are making the most educated choice you can? If you don't believe yourself capable of making mistakes (and he just honestly seems to feel that way about himself), why waste the time really digging into it? Whatever you decide to do, you'll unquestionably be right. So why bother with thougtfulness?

Regardless of outcome, a massive increase in turnout is great for the country. Whoever wins will likely have received more votes than any candidate in history, which should help with his popular mandate. The loser will probably end up second all time, though that’s a meaningless accomplishment.
Agreed. Even if it doesn’t go the way I’d like, I’m glad it has had such high involvement. That’s how it SHOULD be. When voter turnout is only 50%, we really not capturing the average American correctly.

My bookie just moved Biden up to -200. 2016 my bookie moved the odds on Trump Election Day and had him as a slight dog to Shillary. For the non degenerate gamblers, they moved the odds on Trump in 2016 because they he had a better chance of winning.
My bookie seemed to be right in 2016. Let’s see if they are right in 2020.

Things might not even become clear with the mail in and massive vote counts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back