US : Assad no longer 'has to go' ??

If this is true, how do you explain the explosion of ISIS in Syria ? The current state of Syria disproves everything you said. Assad rules with an iron fist and he isn't afraid of using chemical weapons on his detractors. So how did ISIS become such an epidemic if an iron clad dictator in your opinion keeps radical power vacuums from taking over?

We invaded Iraq, killed Saddam. Assad did not like this, so he helped out the insurgents. Some of the insurgents turned into the ISIS soldiers, but I guess that could not be helped. Relatively speaking, we started this chain reaction.

Plus from what I hear, the majority of the Sunni in Syria do support Assad. How else can he still be in power?

We invaded Iraq, killed Saddam. Assad did not like this, so he helped out the insurgents. Some of the insurgents turned into the ISIS soldiers, but I guess that could not be helped. Relatively speaking, we started this chain reaction.

Plus from what I hear, the majority of the Sunni in Syria do support Assad. How else can he still be in power?
Thats true. Like 70% if im not mistaken

Assad is an alawite. Thats a bizzare sect of islam with christians things but he isnt a religious freak at all honestly. The alawites do possess the majority of good jobs in the army, but thats just intelligence. They arent trying to convert anyone and dont kill muslim because they are sunni or they dont kill Christians.. You may hate Assad but religion is not important for him
America is a bigger threat to Assad than ISIS. Do the math. Arming him wont get rid of ISIS. They'll just turn your weapons back onto you when the time comes. Assad is using ISIS to stay in power and why just look, it's working and Americans are sympathizing with him.

If Saddam had been smart enough to release the reigns just enough to prove his utility, he might still be alive today. Assad has realized this and is using the ISIS crisis to stay in power.

Maybe I'm wrong but the civil war in Syria wasnt a religious issue at first. As far as I know, the crazies didnt pop up until after the Syrian government lost control of shit.

So in a sense, he is still right (if I am correct. Information is always changing regarding issues in the ME)
Has the Syrian gov lost control? Last time I checked that punk Assad was still running things only now his head isn't on the American chop block. Smart dude.

Has the Syrian gov lost control? Last time I checked that punk Assad was still running things only now his head isn't on the American chop block. Smart dude.

Well considering large parts of their country is under control by Jihadis, I'd say yes.

Well considering large parts of their country is under control by Jihadis, I'd say yes.

The Americans are now too busy dropping bombs on Jihadis to deal with Assad. Isn't that just convenient for Mr Assad? He effectively got off the most wanted list by allowing a bigger problem to flourish and now you even have some Americans suggesting that we should arm and "help" him. He is quite a genius. Too bad Saddam assumed we would just listen to his maddness. Assad learned through Saddam, that we would have to see it for ourselves first.

The Americans are now too busy dropping bombs on Jihadis to deal with Assad. Isn't that just convenient for Mr Assad? He effectively got off the most wanted list by allowing a bigger problem to flourish and now you even have some Americans suggesting that we should arm and "help" him. He is quite a genius. Too bad Saddam assumed we would just listen to his maddness. Assad learned through Saddam, that we would have to see it for ourselves first.

Yes, it was Assad who made ISIS, the leader who was battling a civil war and was sanctioned by everyone. Not the wealthy arabs funneling weapons and terrorists and the US and other euro countries giving weapons to Qatari to give to the "good guys".

This is on the same level of ridiculous as ISIS being the Mossad.

Yes, it was Assad who made ISIS, the leader who was battling a civil war and was sanctioned by everyone. Not the wealthy arabs funneling weapons and terrorists and the US and other euro countries giving weapons to Qatari to give to the "good guys".

This is on the same level of ridiculous as ISIS being the Mossad.
I didn't say he made ISIS. I said he allowed it to flourish.

Yes, because he totally had the means to squash it when it could barely hold to what he had.

assads a western educated doctor.
hes completely different to brutes like saddam or ghadafi.

thats why hes still in power

I sincerely doubt that but you're right that he did use ISIS when it was convenient for him. Why would anyone want to interfere and take down a man who is fighting barbaric savages?

I sincerely doubt that but you're right that he did use ISIS when it was convenient for him. Why would anyone want to interfere and take down a man who is fighting barbaric savages?

Assad has also made it a precedent to slaughter your "moderate" allies. They, along with your taxpayer funded training and weapons are sure to be obliterated before ISIS. It ensures that you have no reasonable or immediate replacement for him and his regime when the campaign against ISIS simmers down. Coincidence or genius ? Apparently some of you think that this is just luck.

Assad has also made it a precedent to slaughter your "moderate" allies. They, along with your taxpayer funded training and weapons are sure to be obliterated before ISIS. It ensures that you have no reasonable or immediate replacement for him and his regime when the campaign against ISIS simmers down. Coincidence or genius ? Apparently some of you think that this is just luck.

So IDL hacked your account?

So IDL hacked your account?

What about that statement is unreasonable ?

Assad stays because he is "better than" ISIS and there is no one else to replace him. Does that mean we should arm him to get rid of ISIS, the very group he can thank for his continued reign of treachery and his life?

It's hardly requiring a conspiracy theory to see that the guy is evil and will do anything to save his own skin.

Believe in some kind of crazy conspiracy theory.

Right. He's just lucky. He didn't have a hand in orchestrating his continued dictatorship and saving himself from being persecuted for war crimes. He just lucked out and any other suggestion is a conspiracy theory.

What about that statement is unreasonable ?

The retrospective reasoning, in a way that Assad could had foreseen how things would had unraveled as they did.

Assad stays because he is "better than" ISIS and there is no one else to replace him. Does that mean we should arm him to get rid of ISIS, the very group he can thank for his continued reign of treachery and his life?

Again, Assad is better than ISIS and Alquaeda and all the islamists that make the bulk of the rebel forces.

It's hardly requiring a conspiracy theory to see that the guy is evil and will do anything to save his own skin.

So who is your dog? Turkey or Israel? ill assume its Israel because of your contempt over south asians.

That american style democracy isn't suitable for every culture on the planet. They need a strong leader/dictator to function.

it just can't be exported, the people have to fight for it themselves, and it then takes time to evolve. you can't just set it up and poof, everyone is democratic.

assads a western educated doctor.
hes completely different to brutes like saddam or ghadafi.

thats why hes still in power

Hes proven himself more brutal than either
Hes still around due to shitloads of foriegn support

Back