US Army: ‘Super Soldier’ Genetically Modified Humans Won’t Need Food, Sleep

"One area of success has been in shutting off the trigger of sleep. A drug was tested on U.S army helicopter pilots that enabled them to stay up longer then 40 hours, with their levels of concentration actually improving after nearly two days without rest."

I can't remember what name they use off the top of my head now, first strike I think, maybe still hooah, but they have them in some MREs now. I don't recall them having the tables in the DFAC like they used to. I also want to say they were Ranger bars or some shit at first. I think they have the looks and tastes like a turd Cliff bars to hand out now, or did. For all I know they get completely shit on in theater now.
I think I was the only one in my platoon who actually liked them. Don't remember them looking this gross though.

030.jpg

I think I was the only one in my platoon who actually liked them. Don't remember them looking this gross though.

030.jpg

First rule of military food, is you only look at enough to eat. Never fully unwrap your hooah bar

I would eat that motherfucker right now

I actually bought a big can of rip it the other day, was 99 cents so I said fuck it. It didn't taste too shabby but didn't feel like it had the punch of the stubby can.

Still want to order some wild tigers sometime, that or get flown there on some Trump money to get some.

https://www.inverse.com/article/998...lding-the-enhanced-super-soldiers-of-tomorrow

In 2014, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) took the rare step of launching a new division, the Biological Technologies Office (BTO). The new directorate’s mandate was to unite DARPA’s many biological research projects under one roof, with a key area of focus to “restore and maintain warfighter abilities,” according to a press release issued at the time.

The announcement included two examples of how DARPA would pursue that mission. One project – called the Systems-Based Neurotechnology for Emerging Therapies (SUBNETS) – aims to “reduce the burden and severity” of post traumatic stress. What might that look like? According to a 2013 story from The Atlantic, a pilot could take a pill to induce short-term memory loss after a particularly traumatic mission.

But what if forgetting things is the problem? Another DARPA program, the Restoring Active Memory (RAM) initiative, is researching an implantable microchip that would allow soldiers who experience brain trauma to regain the ability to form new memories.

The BTO press release also mentions a program called Autonomous Diagnostics to Enable Prevention and Therapeutics (ADEPT). Its goal is to discover “ways to identify and protect against infectious disease,” at both the personal and societal level. The idea is that if you can protect a soldier from a biological weapon, maybe you can scale up to prevent the next plague. One way the military is looking to protect soldiers on the front lines is called the Technologies for Host Resistance (THoR) program, to find ways to “prevent the body’s overreaction to infection and buy time for the individual’s natural recovery mechanisms to kick in.”

I recruited a DARPA guy once. Just a regular guy. DARPA receives less funding than your average tech startup thus limiting their results. I wouldn't get caught up in this.

Just for fun, if this was possible in the future don't you guys think it is immoral to create a person that is basically "produced" to kill?

Just for fun, if this was possible in the future don't you guys think it is immoral to create a person that is basically "produced" to kill?

Uh, we are mammals, apex predators

Wait... if they end up getting the global populace on this, employers will find a way to shaft workers by making them work 40h straight since they don't need sleep, eating, etc. Prob end up saying a day is 40h, and you need to work 5-6 days for a week, and probably pay 90% below min wage. 200-240h.

Sign me up
Then you can go on Sherdog for 40h+ without wasting time with eating or drinking

Uh, we are mammals, apex predators
With complex brains and the ability to think, reason and maintain a code of morals.

Our brains are the reason we are at the top of the food chain.

With complex brains and the ability to think, reason and maintain a code of morals.

Our brains are the reason we are at the top of the food chain.

And why we are the best killers

Please don't pretend that killing never has to be done

And why we are the best killers

Please don't pretend that killing never has to be done
I'm not, and I understand that killing is necessary. But I'd argue that modifying a human for the sole purpose of creating a perfect killing machine is immoral.

I'm not arguing if we are or aren't the best killers (probably debatable).

I'm not, and I understand that killing is necessary. But I'd argue that modifying a human for the sole purpose of creating a perfect killing machine is immoral.

I'm not arguing if we are or aren't the best killers (probably debatable).
Have you ever seen US even base level infantry. The ability to "kill" is firmly ingrained and nurtured in those people at the beginning of basic.

Have you ever seen US even base level infantry. The ability to "kill" is firmly ingrained and nurtured in those people at the beginning of basic.
Sure, but those people signed up for the military. The part of this that I find troubling is this person would be genetically modified and required to become a killing machine. And there is no off switch, whereas military personal can serve and have lives after (if they are not killed or maimed obviously).

DARPA and what they've done is pretty interesting.
If you want to blow your mind, smoke a bowl and read up on IARPA. And I'm just talking the shit they publicize. God knows what they are secretly working on.

"One area of success has been in shutting off the trigger of sleep. A drug was tested on U.S army helicopter pilots that enabled them to stay up longer then 40 hours, with their levels of concentration actually improving after nearly two days without rest."
Meth?

Sounds legit. It makes sense to expose yourself to the ethical minefield that is human genetic engineering and pour trillions of dollars into that. You could just leverage technology that's far more advanced than human bio engineering, spend a fraction and build machines (like drones for example), but that wouldn't be quite far fetched enough for the conspiracy enthusiasts.

Do the whole fucking village. It was my recruit company's slogan.

Back