US Air Base, Nuclear Bombs Surrounded By Citizens, Troops

They must have an activation code too.
No to mention they would have to fight their way through US Airmen guarding the nukes. Erdogan is a douche but he ain't suicidal.

This is all just posturing. I read that the Joint Chiefs is on his way there and this closing off of the base was either to prevent pro Erdogan protesters trying to enter the base or to pressure the US to extradite Gulen.

Pentagon Press Secretary Peter Cook was pressed on the issue Monday by journalists, and said that the Pentagon has “taken appropriate steps” to maintain the safety of its people, families and facilities. The United States boosted security at bases it uses in Turkey to its highest level, Delta, after the coup attempt became clear, U.S. military officials have said.

But Cook declined to address a question about whether it is a good idea to have nuclear weapons stored in Turkey at this point.

“We’ve taken all those steps that we need to take to make sure that everything that we control in Turkey is safe and secure,” he said, after declining to discuss specifics about “strategic assets” like the the nuclear weapons.

The B61 bombs in storage at Incirlik are designed to be carried on a variety of high-speed jets, including the F-15E Strike Eagle and the F-16 Fighting Falcon. Each bomb is typically just under 12 feet long and weighs about 700 pounds, according to U.S. military specifications. They are stored in underground storage vaults inside aircraft hangars, and use control devices known as Permissive Action Links that make them difficult to use without authorization.

In Turkey, however, life isn’t close to returning to normal. As of Monday, U.S. troops were operating their facilities at the base using electrical generators, and one of the officers detained following the coup attempt was the Turkish commander at Incirlik. Flight operations from the base against the Islamic State had resumed, but much of the country remained in turmoil.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B61_nuclear_bomb

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ises-new-questions-about-u-s-bombs-in-turkey/

So is Turkey going to go all Ayattolah, and Shariah on us?

What problems was Turkey really having before ISIS? They were going to join the EU. They seem to be on the up and up. IF they had just shut their borders to ISIS, the whole situation probably not as bad as it is.
Islam.

look at where Turkey was during the USSR era.....i'm not sure Invading is the right word here, but our presence and our weapons aimed at them being the ONLY thing preventing that from being a russian speaking country now. Perhaps we shouldn't have lended our support (and Stinger Missiles to battle the Hinds or whatever) to the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan, seeing as how that turned out. I'd rather deal w/ the Uzbekistans and Turkmenistans than the radical muslim neighbors, just saying
ussr_map.jpg

Well I believe the oghuz Turks and seljuks who originally founded the Great Seljuk and then the Ottoman Empire are Uzbeks orginally

How are those deployed? B-2,B-1,B-52?

the Jupiter?

Those are old models from the 50 and 60s MRBM. So they'd use full out launch sites.
Jupiter_emplacement.jpg

the b-61 you can put them on small aircraft or any of the bombers you listed.

the Jupiter?

Those are old models from the 50 and 60s MRBM. So they'd use full out launch sites.
Jupiter_emplacement.jpg

the b-61 you can put them on small aircraft or any of the bombers you listed.

So if ever you want to use the nukes in Incirklik Tųrkey they will be deployed by a B2 or Misel?

Do the USA still use truck launch ICBMs?

nope not anymore, we fiddled with the idea of building a midgetman launch system, but we cancled it in 1991. i think thier restricted

I think the US should keep the Missiles there incase Magog attacks Israel.

wait wait wait

US stores 50 hydrogen bombs in turkey? dafuq

I guess its all just inventory to you guys..

So if ever you want to use the nukes in Incirklik Tųrkey they will be deployed by a B2 or Misel?

A f-16 can carry a b61 bomb. It is a small nuke. Turkey has loads of f-16s and they are capable of launching them in case of a war against the soviet union, that is why they are there.

We should nuke Turkey. Just to piss off muslims and liberals.

I am getting to the point to where as distasteful as it sounds, I no longer oppose something like this.

The tolerant liberal bullshit will be the death of us all. I mean we are practically being told to tolerate mass shootings and beheadings. Fuck these retards.

Back