Urijah Faber's Legacy: How Will You Remember The California Kid?

How will you remember Urijah Faber?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
[X] WEC Featherweight Champion
[X] That guy who choked in UFC title fights
[X] The only guy to beat Dominick Cruz
[X] The guy who got destroyed by Aldo
[X] The guillotine guy
[X] Team Alpha Male Founder & Leader
[X] Gatekeeper
[X] Nice guy
[X] Weak trash talker
[X] Underrated
[X] Overrated
[X] Great wrestler
[X] That guy who always took easy fights on Fox
[X] Other (Specify)

The only guy to beat Dominic Cruz.

Because no one is beating him anytime soon.

WEC Champion
The only guy to beat Cruz
Underrated

Probably the guy crippled by Aldo, sad to say. Those pictures of his leg are nasty.

"Check the record bud"

Seriously though. A legend. Love this guy. Never got UFC gold and people will always clown him for it, but he fought the best of the best his entire career and never turned a fight down. Always brought it. Gotta love his walkouts with "California Love" playing in the back.

I feel he'll be back though. I'll be watching.

I first started seriously watching MMA around 2007 and, sometime around then, I got turned on to the WEC.

Torres and Faber were THE guys to beat and, personally, I always felt like if we got the superfight between those two the fans wanted then Urijah would win. (I think now that's obvious.)

So for me, Faber was THE face of the WEC and really the face of the sub-155 fighters. To me, he'll always be the WEC 145 champ who looked unstoppable (at least until Aldo came along).

I wish the best for the guy. It's the end of an era. Goodbye Legend.

Agreat champion who impressively remained a high level contender for something like 8 years after dropping the title. He was exciting and always came to fight. Someone whose fights I always made a point to catch.

The dan marino of MMA. Good fighter, could never win the big one.

#GUERNICAbless

I always remember when Brown crushed him after the weird elbow attempt..

For me it is
guy who got destroyed by aldo on the best wec card and only ppv wec card
gatekeeper
team alpha male founder and leader
guy that took alot of easy fights on fox and then got title shots

Faber seemed like he was always holding himself back. It was frustrating pulling for him. He would rarely make adjustments during a fight or fight with a sense of urgency when he was down 0 - 4 in a title bout. He deserves respect though and his WEC days were a lot of fun to watch.

One of my favourite guys to watch fight. Tough guy, great heart.

P4P top 20 alltime
#2 FW of alltime (and he was the best in the world at the weight for a time and only guy to beat or finish Dom and send him to 135)
#5 BW of alltime

only fighter ever to be top 5 alltime in 2 weight classes. Definitely one of the MMA gureats and one of the absolute best sub gurapplers in MMA history, with a guillotine choke only 2nd to Pequeno in his purime b/w 135-145

WEC Featherweight champ

One of the first stars of the lower weight divisions

Face of WEC

the 50 year old kid with great hair and a belly button chin.

<{goalbruh}>

Back