Urijah Faber vs. Raphael Assuncao March 21st In Brazil

Good fight assuming it's the main event? Is this a ppv, FS 1 or 2 card or fight pass?

Man, what a fight. Winner absolutely gets a title shot.

Assuncao by decision. I think he breaks the streak. Their first fight was very competitive, but Assuncao has improved a lot more than Faber since then, especially with his striking. He is one of the more technical strikers in the sport now and is a legit Top-15 p4p guy, imo. I think this will be the fight to really showcase it, and the biggest worry I think will be his conditioning following the ankle injury (hopefully nothing serious), assuming this is a 5-rounder.

I think Faber will struggle with his counter game and pivots, and even though Assuncao has a lot of trouble finding his range when he is the one moving forward, I don't think Faber has the right skill-set to really threaten pulling away on the cards on the feet. But when Assuncao uses his jab (like in the 3rd round against Munhoz) he can be very effective on the front-foot and we might see more of that depending on how Faber approaches this.

His grappling has improved too. When Dillashaw took him down in the first he got up with a nice arm drag and elevation from butterfly guard, then pummeled for the underhook and drove Dillashaw off him. Dillashaw isn't the overall grappler Faber is, but he does some things and set-ups with his wrestling at not a totally different level. Assuncao's escapes from the bottom are very technical and crafty, and his guard passing is still some of the best in the division if he gets to that position (against Lee he had that s-mount transition into the armbar).

Assuncao shouldn't get frustrated if Faber tries to control the distance like he did against McDonald with the pot-shooting, and force him to create openings in other ways. I think he has shown that he won't be set-up so easily by foot traps like the Dillashaw fight showed, so Faber will likely need to show something new. Assuncao will need to have the right game-plan for Faber's right hand, especially the cross counter which along with his understanding of angles, he has gotten better at setting up over the past couple years.

Last edited:
faber will be smashed to pieces absolutely no chance of winning this looked pathetic last time lets hope he doesnt win via eye poke again

Wat? Why? Probably setting up Faber for his X title shot.

Anyway, Assuncao has this. Faber didn't look that good against Caceres and Rivera, seems like he is declining a bit while Assuncao is getting better.

I love how people pick Ass, because of the Cisco fight. You will learn.

Hopefully his foot will be healed in time. Thats like the only main event wirth fight available right now...since it has to involve a Brazilian fighter.

Also I hope he puts a ! on his win and get that titleshot.

It should be Assuncao vs Dilly while Cruz is injured. As for the claimed match, Faber has never lost a non-title fight, so he won't lose this one no matter how good Assuncao has become. It's just a curse in a weird way.

LOL Assuncao just got screwed out of TS again

And to be honest, I dont even care

one of the first non title fight rematches i have ever been hyped to see.

faber playing bodyguard here. completely different challenge than rivera.

Also, if it's the main event, this would be the first time BW non-title fight headlined the card.

...wait if Assy will be ready that soon why not just let him fight TJ

Assuncao unless Faber pulls off the eye gouge again.

Back