Urijah Faber renews contract with the UFC and requests TJ Dillashaw next

With T J off the sauce and a big layoff, Faber has a shot.
TJ will not be off the sauce. Faber calls him a scientist lol, iirc said he'd go back to his lab and figure something out for his comeback.

He was dominant vs decent but not elite strikers imo. The UFC doesn't really have any top level strikers at 135, so people mistook him for elite. Hes good but not elite imo. Im the same size as him and come from a striking background. Not trying to sound cocky but I never thought he was that good. His best weapons are his kicks but they are slow and his footwork is a little weird. Compared to guys I used to spar, he looks slow and easy to counter. Just my opinion of course
I counted renan Barao as an elite striker, and he fought to a close split decision with cruz who I would also call a good striker. Cody NoIQ was dumb, but fast and had power. TJ thumped him twice. I guess I thought TJ was appropriately rated.

TJ is gonna wreck him ffs just retire

Uriah you’re my boy and prime for prime the snake off the gear you beat him; but you’re 40 and he is gonna still be benefiting from those PEDs

I counted renan Barao as an elite striker, and he fought to a close split decision with cruz who I would also call a good striker. Cody NoIQ was dumb, but fast and had power. TJ thumped him twice. I guess I thought TJ was appropriately rated.

I wouldn't consider any of them elite strikers, because they all lacked something important in the standup. Renan Barao had no boxing, Cody had no kicking or fight IQ, and Cruz also lacked a high level kicking game. All good, none elite, imo.

Then again im notoriously hard to impress. I didn't even think cro cop was very good. Only a handful of strikers have ever impressed me.

So Faber not retiring....

Not sure how realiable these reports are

Would that be the appropriate match to make upon dillashaw's return?

Are you interested in this fight? If not, then who should TJ fight?

Fuck yeah!

giphy.gif

Top 5 Big Drama Shows currently available:

Conor-Jorge
Conor-Khabib 2
Conor-Nate 3
Jones-DC
Faber-Snake

I wouldn't consider any of them elite strikers, because they all lacked something important in the standup. Renan Barao had no boxing, Cody had no kicking or fight IQ, and Cruz also lacked a high level kicking game. All good, none elite, imo.

Then again im notoriously hard to impress. I didn't even think cro cop was very good. Only a handful of strikers have ever impressed me.
Barao
dismantled Faber with boxing and leg kicks, I recently rewatched the rematch and holy shit it was brutal
dismantled Pickett with boxing who was never elite but always had great hands
Hit the extremely crafty Wineland with a spinning head kick
He fell out of his prime quick but he was something special in his prime

Cody
I actually think his striking is overrated.
His counter game is unreal and amazing but he can't lead with resorting to massive poorly set up right hands

Cruz
as tricky as they come
Handily beat Faber
Is awkward and can be ineffective when he's leading
but he was one of the best defensive fighters in all of MMA

So Faber not retiring....

Not sure how realiable these reports are

Would that be the appropriate match to make upon dillashaw's return?

Are you interested in this fight? If not, then who should TJ fight?

So he's going to sit out for a year? He'll be pushing 42 by the time they fight

He was dominant vs decent but not elite strikers imo. The UFC doesn't really have any top level strikers at 135, so people mistook him for elite. Hes good but not elite imo. Im the same size as him and come from a striking background. Not trying to sound cocky but I never thought he was that good. His best weapons are his kicks but they are slow and his footwork is a little weird. Compared to guys I used to spar, he looks slow and easy to counter. Just my opinion of course

Isn't Dillashaw suspended for a few years because he turned out to be a prolific cheater? Why would anyone want to fight him?

LOL, really?

A big name who is a prolific cheater who got caught and suspended.

You would get paid a lot of money to beat said cheater's face in because he will be so closely tested and afraid of losing another 4 years or whatever to suspension to end his career.

I'm certain Garbrandt, Faber and at least every single opponent who lost to TJ would be lining up to beat his ass.

The fight that MMA fans deserve is a loser-leave-town match between Faber and Bang. Give Bang a good year to get back into shape and let them go on a limited press tour.

Would be so good.

Tj’s first fight back. Motivated Faber maybe knows something we don’t. Doubt it but maybe. Book it!

Signing a 40-year old BW isn't very smart....Just a small loss in speed and mobility is a huge liability in the smaller divisions. Faber had his Tito vs. Bader moment in the Simon fight, but don't expect that to happen again. Dillashaw and pretty much everyone else will beat him at this point.

Only on sherdog a former UFC BW champ was never that good.

{<jordan}

I'm in, just bleed gods will be pleased.

Back