Urijah Faber Is Who I Thought He Was.

It's definitely a weird dynamic where Faber owns the gym and is the leader of the team but not the head coach of the team. That doesn't happen very often. Like for example when Miletich Fighting System was up and running and Pat was still fighting he was the head coach of the team.

Who parlayed an average fight career into rather successful post fight endeavors.

Mikey Burnett, who incidentally is not doing quite so well post career, wants his decision that you stole from him for good.

It is kinda douchy but in a way i just can't help but find it funny. The guy seems like a character out of an anime, always shirtless and with his weird ass sunglasses on. And his "name" is Master Thong HAHA... He just seems like such a character, especially when i heard those crazy stories about how he dissapeared for weeks frm the gym to go on gambling sprees etc... it's crazy to see such a weird ass lunatic be so good at his job (training fighters.)

Basically Master Thong is BAMF imo.

That dude is quite the personality and I can see how it rubs people the wrong way.

But why half naked all the time. Then, again I if I hadn't seen the pad work vids I've would've figured him to be an average body type trainer. That dude's physique matches up with TAM's hard bodies so I can see why every one loves to go half naked there all the time.

prime Master Tong vs prime Ludwig in a muay thai rules match - who takes it

Why do MMA fighters even do pad work? They should just stand in front of a heavy bag and throw looping over hands since that is what most seem to do. Very few actually string together combos.

Faber is an incredible fighter that I think suffers from ego issues always being so close to gold but never claiming it. Now that a lot of his crew are going beast mode under Ludwig, with TJ annihilating the guy that blapped Faber, well... he was butthurt about it. As was evident in his complete character assassination of Ludwig when asked about him leaving TAM

This

tumblr_m4ut27ILQl1qjbryso1_400.gif

Oh Chang, "DAMN! BURN YO!"

It is kinda douchy but in a way i just can't help but find it funny. The guy seems like a character out of an anime, always shirtless and with his weird ass sunglasses on. And his "name" is Master Thong HAHA... He just seems like such a character, especially when i heard those crazy stories about how he dissapeared for weeks frm the gym to go on gambling sprees etc... it's crazy to see such a weird ass lunatic be so good at his job (training fighters.)

Basically Master Thong is BAMF imo.

Exactly, I fucking love the guy! He is a crazy lovable character.

I haven't scoured your posts or anything. He just loses too much to notable peers of his era.

I stand corrected since he carries a 3 to 2 win ratio that should make him a tad above average but of course if you were sitting on 50/50 then you wouldn't be fighting in the big leagues. Still 21-14, yikes!

How many of those fights did you actually watch? Exactly, be quiet.

Are you kidding me. Faber is borderline Hall of Fame. Brown, Aldo, Barao, and Cruz (whom he beat once and could best in a rubber match) are his only really setbacks and three are arguably P4P'ers. He should've been fighting at 135 to 125 all along as well where frame, reach, speed are at a premium (the three lightest weight class that is).

Mighty Mouse a P4P'er couldn't even beat Cruz and thed dropped down and we know how that worked out for him. And Faber fought a murderer's row above. A murderer's row who mostly dwarfed him too add.

And if I had to wager I'd put him up against MM, TJ, Cruz, favorably. LOL, at people mocking his striking. So was it just his great base in wrestling that got him by all along?

His downfall, again, is his reach and short frame most of the time against his opponent because this guy is as dynamic as they come.

Sherdoggers are quite fickle. T J puts on one once of lifetime performance and Faber is relegated to chopped liver just like that. Please. Faber's accomplishments dwarfs TAM's collectively by a good margin - and again, there's a reason he's the Alpha of Team Alpha.

No, I am not kidding you. Urijah Faber is a strong wrestler who pot shots. I don't think this can even be argued. Why do you think he lost to Barao? Why do you think he lost to Aldo? He got dominated on the feet by more ADVANCED strikers. Explosiveness with wrestling only gets you so far, and an overhand right doesn't mean you have good boxing. Dan Henderson is a Hall of Famer, are you going to tell me he has great hands too? There is a distinction between power brawling and throwing accurate combinations mixed with a variety of kicks. Go watch a Duane Bang Ludwig fight if you want to see what a competent striker looks like buddy. No, his accomplishments don't dwarf TJs, because TJ did what he never could do, beat Barao silly.

Duane didn't want to wear a headband and also refused to wear one of the silly stocking cap/baseball cap hybrids. It caused a lot of tension.

Why do MMA fighters even do pad work? They should just stand in front of a heavy bag and throw looping over hands since that is what most seem to do. Very few actually string together combos.

Its funny because its true.

Am i the only one who enjoys watching him do footwork?
That looked great, in mma i would say its the number one issue.

Back