Urijah Faber Is Who I Thought He Was.

my god is just a f pad

in the end he got mauled by barao who got mauled by tj

He's actually implying that Bang demanded what they (TAM) already have in themselves which was hard work and punctuality so it was redundant and silly for Bang to have set those specific ground rules as if they never had it from the get go. It seemed like an unnecessary power move.

LOL @ how bias you are with this assessment, a major part of a coach's job is to instill discipline. Granted the team May have already had good discipline and punctuality but he has to make sure standards don't start slipping.

And you are who we thought you were, ts. An MMA fan that is easily impressed by things commonplace in the specialty components of MMA. In this case, boxing.

The reason Bang gets so much credit is because of Rogan's commentary.

TAM were great before and they are improving also because they are doing it longer and getting more experience with striking.

They just happened to finally get a UFC champ which was probably bound to happen at some point because of how many title shots they are getting.

The reason Bang gets so much credit is because of Rogan's commentary.

TAM were great before and they are improving also because they are doing it longer and getting more experience with striking.

They just happened to finally get a UFC champ which was probably bound to happen at some point because of how many title shots they are getting.

You sure it's not cause TAM went on that crazy win streak, and after every win they all praised Ludwig. They only lost two fights since Ludwigs arrival & both of those were title fights.

Looks great. WOuld be nice to see him with a belt sometime.

I've gotta confess I've never really delve into the training/soap opera of Team Alpha Male of late up until only recently with the Bang Ludwig/Urijah rumblings.

Apparently with the very short stint of Ludwig helming the team, I didn't see a whole lot of video coverage save for a few which did show how stern he was and also a subtle backhanded response from Urijah during his interview regarding that sternness.

Plus some conventional pairing up broken down into parts sparring from the Alpha Male members while Bang coached, I saw.

Then I fell onto some of Master Thong and Urjiah's pad work and Holy ****; that's on a different plane. Uriah and Master T has this innate synchronicity/dynamism that I've yet to see during pad work for MMA exclusively. The variety and speed of the pad work is quite a beauty to behold. (The only pad work I would actually bother to observe and be in awe for that matter because we all know how most are mundane/repetitive)

And I also realized Master T does not have the same rapport with everyone else because I've seen he how simplifies (pad work) it for the rest of the guys.

I have no idea how much Master T factored into the in fight coaching between rounds - since he's not officially a head coach - but I can now see how maybe Uriah may be the least affected by Bang's presence and now departure compared to the rest. But both are gone now and this is all water under the bridge.

I always thought the rest of TAM lacked the offensive dynamism of Urijah relatively speaking and now I've seen it in action through his pad work to back my theory.

I guess he is the "Alpha" of Team Alpha for a reason.

http://youtu.be/3b4GyD8NzWQ?t=1m21s goes straight to the pad work.

[YT]3b4GyD8NzWQ[/YT]

A wise man once told me, "Just because you have the biggest hobbit hole doesn't mean you are the biggest hobbit. "

And you are who we thought you were, ts. An MMA fan that is easily impressed by things commonplace in the specialty components of MMA. In this case, boxing.

giphy.gif

You sure it's not cause TAM went on that crazy win streak, and after every win they all praised Ludwig. They only lost two fights since Ludwigs arrival & both of those were title fights.

They have always been winners except in UFC title fights and they used to say the same things about that sleeve-less Asian guy with the gambling problem.

Fair enough.

But I just can't grasp for the life of me how an average at best career MMA fighter with rudimentary looking Muay Thai/Kickboxing can translate well as an apt coach. Go figure.

why is that 'master toddy' not wearing a t-shirt while he's holding pads?

he comes across as a big show off......during ufc events he has this ridiculous sun glasses on........he just comes across as a total douche

They have always been winners except in UFC title fights and they used to say the same things about that sleeve-less Asian guy with the gambling problem.

This. Was Alpha Male a shit hole before Bang came?

It was, after all, kind of a contingency thing when Master T went M.I.A.

why is that 'master toddy' not wearing a t-shirt while he's holding pads?

he comes across as a big show off......during ufc events he has this ridiculous sun glasses on........he just comes across as a total douche

Well, TAM had no issues so... why care?

Urijah seems to show weaknesses in his game from adrenaline, he over commits - TJ does too, against Barao he stumbled several times, because he was dominating it didn't matter so much but if someone can time that, its lights out.

Urijah is a hard worker in the gym but also laid back. Ludwig has his own personality for sure. Watch one of his interviews, I can see why someone working with him could have an issue.

In a recent interview Faber said he didn't know Duane was planning on leaving and opening his own gym until he heard it from other people. He said he wanted Duane to be there for the newer guys too and implied that he mainly just trains the top guys and doesn't work too much with the newer (amateur fighters and guys just starting out?). guys.

I think people are looking too much into it with the whole "Faber is just jealous because he didn't win the belt," thing. Team Alpha Male is his product, if a coach is not committing long term then it's not in his best interest to keep him as a head coach.

Did Faber really get into the back of that SUV without a car seat?

Faber's striking sucked with that asian dude, true story

I don't know how anyone could think Urijah Faber is anything other than a self-absorbed toolbag who has had it too easy. The stuff he says about always being popular and being fed "the best stuff on Earth" since he was a kid... gah! Makes we wanna puke.

But then again, society tends to worship people like that. So maybe it's not that surprising.

OT but is it just me or was anybody else thinking of the Dennis Green NFL meltdown when reading this thread?

"The Bears are who we thought they were"

LMFAO!!

Back