Urijah Faber Is Who I Thought He Was.

Genki Sudo II

Blue Steel Ferrari Le Tigre They're The Same Face!
Banned
Reaction score
I've gotta confess I've never really delve into the training/soap opera of Team Alpha Male of late up until only recently with the Bang Ludwig/Urijah rumblings.

Apparently with the very short stint of Ludwig helming the team, I didn't see a whole lot of video coverage save for a few which did show how stern he was and also a subtle backhanded response from Urijah during his interview regarding that sternness.

Plus some conventional pairing up broken down into parts sparring from the Alpha Male members while Bang coached, I saw.

Then I fell onto some of Master Thong and Urjiah's pad work and Holy ****; that's on a different plane. Uriah and Master T has this innate synchronicity/dynamism that I've yet to see during pad work for MMA exclusively. The variety and speed of the pad work is quite a beauty to behold. (The only pad work I would actually bother to observe and be in awe for that matter because we all know how most are mundane/repetitive)

And I also realized Master T does not have the same rapport with everyone else because I've seen he how simplifies (pad work) it for the rest of the guys.

I have no idea how much Master T factored into the in fight coaching between rounds - since he's not officially a head coach - but I can now see how maybe Uriah may be the least affected by Bang's presence and now departure compared to the rest. But both are gone now and this is all water under the bridge.

I always thought the rest of TAM lacked the offensive dynamism of Urijah relatively speaking and now I've seen it in action through his pad work to back my theory.

I guess he is the "Alpha" of Team Alpha for a reason.

http://youtu.be/3b4GyD8NzWQ?t=1m21s goes straight to the pad work.

[YT]3b4GyD8NzWQ[/YT]

Last edited:
Faber is an incredible fighter that I think suffers from ego issues always being so close to gold but never claiming it. Now that a lot of his crew are going beast mode under Ludwig, with TJ annihilating the guy that blapped Faber, well... he was butthurt about it. As was evident in his complete character assassination of Ludwig when asked about him leaving TAM

I agree with pointfighters entire post.

I would also watch dos santos hit the pads btw. Awesome shit.

Where can I find Fabers comments on Ludwig?

Faber is actually praising him in this vid. Thats from last year. Big difference to recent comments.

He's actually implying that Bang demanded what they (TAM) already have in themselves which was hard work and punctuality so it was redundant and silly for Bang to have set those specific ground rules as if they never had it from the get go. It seemed like an unnecessary power move.

I wouldn't normally comment on padwork- it's not something I know a damn thing about, really- but that shit was pretty cool. Your eyes can barely even keep up. Nice post.

He's actually implying that Bang demanded what they (TAM) already have in themselves which was hard work and punctuality so it was redundant and silly for Bang to have set those specific ground rules as if they never had it from the get go. It seemed like an unnecessary power move.

Faber said "it's nice to have somebody crack the whip" :shrugs:

If you want to crown his ass, then crown him!

denny-green-o.gif

I read this thread title and immediately thought of the quote

"The Bears are who we thought they were! That's why they took the damn field! You wanna crown 'em? Then crown their ass, we are who we thought they were and we let them off the hook."

Yeah Bang should take TJ

To bad looking good at padwork doesn't always translate well into fighting. It seems that TJ's stand up learned from bang really helped him defeat Barou than Uriah's stand up from tong.

To bad looking good at padwork doesn't always translate well into fighting. It seems that TJ's stand up learned from bang really helped him defeat Barou than Uriah's stand up from tong.

Urijah's downfall is his reach. He's both short and T-rex'd for arms relative to his weight class even at 135. TJ's a smidgen taller and with decent to long reach. When speed is a premium and everyone seems to have it, it sometimes could come down to reach.

I don't think it will change for a very long time. Having an event of weigh ins 24 hours before the fight helps hype the fight and the promotion likes it. Because of that they probably don't want to look at modifying anything and just stay away from the topic.

Hahaha...really? Telling a team of pro-fighters who wrestled their whole lives to work harder & be on time?

Back