Urijah Faber had the most graceful retirement of any MMA fighter

I'm just saying it's difficult for a fighter to walk away knowing he still has it.
Sure he could keep fighting and beating guys like Pickett but he hasn't done well against the top guys in a long time....I don't think he needs to get beat up anymore

Always one of my favorite fighters in and out of the cage.
Much respect to a true warrior.

The recent Munoz one was nice, I liked that they let him have the mic and leave his gloves in the ring. They should have done that with Faber too, but I assume they had time limit restrictions or something since it was on Fox

Agreed!
One of my all the time favorites.
Thank you for all the great fights Urijah.

Agreed, wonder why the fight was not stopped with the knock down? Pickett was clearly out for a few seconds.

Yea it truly was the opposite of Kobe Bryant's cheesy retirement tour

That waz really cool that they squashed their beef.

Also fun that they can still talk sh*t about Uriah'z team-mates bringing it on.

Best retirement fight in MMA that I have seen in very long time. Thats the why you like to see fighters end their careers. And, especially when you compare it to what happened to Bernard Hopkins last night.

Faber put it on for California!
A true warrior. Fought for the finish
& never submitted. He's one of
those timeless warriors, who you
could see surviving even in the
coliseum days.

tumblr_o884jvbv6b1ry1rm7o1_500.gif

8_medium.gif
The guy is in like the bottom 10% of human males in height. I don't think the coliseum had weight classes.

I did really enjoy his career, though.

The guy is in like the bottom 10% of human males in height. I don't think the coliseum had weight classes.

I did really enjoy his career, though.
No one knew BJJ back then.

Urijah would rip off some
dudes nuts & take the dudes
back & strangle him dead
while biting his ear off.

Faber was the undeniable p4p GOAT ass chin champ in combat sports (possibly all sports)

the real question is who is ready to step up and take his place :D

Agreed, wonder why the fight was not stopped with the knock down? Pickett was clearly out for a few seconds.
I'd have to watch it again but I thought he was out too. He was laying on his side and wasn't looking at Faber

Back