Urijah Faber: Dana pushed for me, but Conor wanted Diaz

Do we know if Petis or Cerronne were options? I'm not even sure a guy could get licensed again that quick as far as Cowboy. There must be some minimum time guideline.

I would have loved to see Petis though.
Cerrone could fight yes. Dana wanted past his prime short notice bantamweight urijah faber instead.

Love him or hate him Conor is obviously an exceptionally talented fighter. He ran thru 145 like a hot knife through butter. I just can't imagine a bantamweight giving Conor that much trouble.

Glad the Conor red path night jackpot didn't go to Urijah. Of the choices available I am glad it was Nate. I would personally love to see Conor fight Pettis as I think that would just be a glorious work of violent artwork, but Pettis is coming off of two losses.

Nate did a good job of positioning himself for this, starting with the Conor call out in his post fight interview and sealing the deal with his social media posts after RDA pulled out.

One of the main MMA news sites took a poll of who the fans wanted, Nate won by a sizable margin (As I recall it was Nate, Cowboy, Edgar, Pettis, Khabib, Ferguson, in approximately that order... maybe Alvarez was somewhere in the bottom, maybe not even on the list, I forget)

The UFC made the right choice IMO.

I think it was established a long time ago it doesn't matter who Conor or Ronda for that matter is fighting, the big draws will draw because that's who the people are coming to see.

Conor did record numbers on FS1 with Siver, Ronda sold 900,000 buys with Bethe as her opponent, how many times did Mayweather and Pacquiao make big bucks at the box office through the years? Big draws will draw regardless of whose on the other side of them.
No, that hasn't been well established. WTF are you talking about? You also know shit about Mayweather's career to include him in your argument.

Faber has had more than enough big fight opportunities.

Dude needs to get comfy at gatekeeper status cuz that's where he'll be from now on.

You do realize that he's 3-0 at BW since his loss to Barao and 1-1 with the current champ, right? Faber is in line for a title shot either now, or with his next win.

So he took the tougher fight, easily

Thank god he didnt get it. Wtf did Dana want Faber to get the fight? Pretty much any top 10 LW is a better choice than Faber

Conor ducked a wrestler once again. He cant keep running forever thats for sure.

Nobody in the world wanted to see him fight Faber.

He literally wouldn't even be above shoulder height with lol. Even with his fighting career I'd hate to be that midget bitch

That "midget bitch" as you put it would whip your ass so fast, and then bang your girl right in front of you…….you wonder why you have double yellows, speaking about a fighter like that?

I wouldn't mind seeing this fight. Just not right now.

Faber has good wrestling, scrambles, cardio, is durable and good submissions. He's underrated. I think he has just as good a chance as Mendes.

man aint no one wanna see Uriah get gifted another fight he is absolutley gonna lose AGAIN. Uriah isnt elite anymore. Aldo beat him in his sleep and he is gonna fight Conor? OK.

id rather see full camp mendes than this fight.

diaz is a bigger needle mover than faber these days. not surprised.

I dont even wanna see Faber vs cruz. Faber gets all these chances,and barely even produces a good fight anymore at that level.

Back