Uriah hall, what do we think of him?

chirpsman

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Been watching this guy for a while and it seems that sometimes he has it and sometimes he doesn't. What are peoples opinions of him as a fighter, and why is he so inconsistent?

He's a Sage Northcutt - or a Tim Tebow.

Lots of skill, Lots of talent, great body, thick, solid, tight, explosive - just too many holes to have a long successful career.

The difference being Suga Sage is only 20 - he has plenty of time to turn it around. Not sure Hall will do that.

He's just one of those guys that seems to lose focus,when he's on he's on...
I dont hold it against him too much,because i never thought he should be a champion or whatever,but you feel he should have done better than he has.

Did anyone think that Kelvin would be the better pro between the both of them?

Wasted potential is too harsh, but it just feels like he could be sooooo much better. He's like a Melvin Guillard.

Would probably be better off in Glory or martial arts instructer than an mma fighter.

A highlight reel counterstriker, but only manages to put together something for the highlight reel in the most ideal circumstances. Otherwise, will retreat, and if pressured heavily, fold.

He's a Sage Northcutt - or a Tim Tebow.

Lots of skill, Lots of talent, great body, thick, solid, tight, explosive - just too many holes to have a long successful career.

The difference being Suga Sage is only 20 - he has plenty of time to turn it around. Not sure Hall will do that.

Sage will never be as good as Hall.

The "Focus" and lack of "killer instinct" complains are BS. Dude's a murderer in the ring.

He's not a very good fighter, doesn't deal well with opponents pressure, can't fight well off the back foot, uneven ground game, not very tough relative to his contemporaries.

Great striker but doesn't have the defensive wrestling or ground game to back it up against the top of the division.

Did anyone think that Kelvin would be the better pro between the both of them?

That dude is awesome to watch but the weight issues are an embarassment. geez! Imagine how far along hed be if he never missed weight.

He needs psychiatric help to be a better person and fighter. He should have got it before he started his mma career, because his physical talents have largely been squandered.

You also have to wonder about his chin. He's been hit and hurt in quite a few fights it seems like. He has dynamite all over his body, elbows, knees, hands, legs...if he connects he can hurt anyone. But it seems like his chin doesn't always hold up. I think a lot of it is in his head. I think he has the skill and talent, just fails to put it together. It's a shame.

That dude is awesome to watch but the weight issues are an embarassment. geez! Imagine how far along hed be if he never missed weight.
I just dont get how guys like Kelvin fail so hard at making weight. Opportunity of a lifetime, huge payday, big fight on a huge card - and you cant make weight? You cant stick to a diet throughout camp and come in on the weight you agreed to? It doesn't make sense. I understand if your body has a medical issue and you can't make it. But to just be so far over weight that you cant complete the cut? Take your career seriously, be a professional, make fucking weight.

Potential to go real far maybe a inner gatekeeper, but thinks far too much inside the cage sometimes you just need to just bust a man in his face and not think about it, the angle of it, the position of it, just let the sh!t go. I like him but he needz to just fight more and think less.

Back