News Uriah Hall vs Chris Weidman Rematch In The Works For UFC 258

If Chris loses this one, they need to book Weidman/Silva 3. Anderson has one fight left on his contract and I doubt the UFC is gonna cut him.

Aww Damn it Anderson had you won we could've gotten silva vs weidman 3. Weidman looked like shit his last fights could've been good.

Based on their recent outings, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Weidman get TKO’d here. If the Chris that fought Kelvin or went to war with Jacare shows up, could be a good fight. Not sure what he has left in the tank.
I think the weidman that fought jacare could win this. But the last fight he did he looked twice as bad. Hes declined very noticeably. Maybe he couldn't train as hard because of the pandemic, idk

Then set up a winner vs winner & loser vs loser match with Jacare/Vettori

I've never been high on Hall, but I'm positive he beats the fuck out of Weidman in the rematch. Weidman vs Akhmedov was one of the poorest performances I have ever seen from a winner, and was evidence that Chris is beyond done.

He beat a decent guy that was on a huge win streak. Chris is past his prime but has been competitive in all his losses except against Dom at light heavy
Omari is awful mate. He's a plodder with zero cardio and KO power, so this looks even worse for Weidman who looked absolutely terrible in victory.

Love both fighters, either Uriah catches Chris with a big shot or Chris grinds his way to a decision win. Can't see him finishing Hall a second time.

Chris should be able to hold him down for three rounds.

Fucking this. If the Omari fight is anything to go by he'll want to lay on Hall to pick up a win. If Hall keeps it standing he beats Chris at this point.

I love it. Great fight, great rematch.

Weidman is the favorite and should smother Hall but let's see how much Hall has improved.

Chris gonna knock him out again. The Chris fell off but not that much.

Easy win for Chris, he’s better everywhere except spinning back kicks
ZIzir3.gif

Fighters underestimate Chris' reach.. even elite fighters that master gauging distance.

It looks like the Chris wants to follow Anderson into retirement
I can really see Hall landing a big one and dropping weidman unconscious

I think the crazy thing here is that both of these guys are probably gonna pickup a good payday for this fight, probably over 100k. And they're both bums. The loser of this fight should have to give their purse to the fight of the night fighters, because this fight aint getting no fight of the night.. Weidman by the lamest unanimous decision in a while..

Reactions: G10
The battle of the only two dudes to ever put anderson away by punches

After reading through the posts, I looked at both guys' record. It seems a few people have some facts mixed up.

1. Akhmedov isn't exactly a bum. He's far from being a contender, but he's a strong journeyman, so a win over him isn't meaningless.
2. Hall is on a three fight win streak over decent opposition, along with beating a past-prime Anderson. Most of the time he loses fights lately, it isn't from being wrestle-f***ed; his losses typically come from aggressive strikers.
3. Discounting his win over Akhmedov, Weidman has been seriously hurt in all of his fights going to back Rockhold in 2015--six fights in a row. Even though he beat Gastelum, he got rocked badly in the first round. I don't care who you are; getting that badly hurt in so many fights is going to take a huge toll.

With this in mind, I think Hall has this one. I don't think Weidman is totally washed, but he should avoid every fighter that possesses any kind of knockout power, which Hall has. Also, we haven't seen Weidman use his offensive wrestling like he used to, but even if he tried, Hall's TD defense is much better in recent years. If he doesn't wrestle, then that just gives Hall more opportunity to land stupid spinning s***, especially since Weidman's striking is way too tentative lately.

Back