Uriah Hall TKO Anderson Silva GIFS

To paraphrase the old saying: “if it didn’t end badly, it would not have ended”

Legendary fighter, but his prime time is over. I have no doubt that he can keep on fighting, and that he can win big fights, but he's going to be losing a lot of those big fights as well.

Anderson's amazingness was heavily based on his elusiveness and incredible jaw. He is just a touch slower now, but that is enough for people to land. His incredible jaw isn't what it used to be, and those shots landing are taking him down.

A prime Anderson Silva was a legend. An older Silva is still a great fighter, but without the unbeatable feeling anymore. I'd love to see him fight a can to close out his career in highlight fashion, but if this is it, salute to him.

Legendary fighter, but his prime time is over. I have no doubt that he can keep on fighting, and that he can win big fights, but he's going to be losing a lot of those big fights as well.

Anderson's amazingness was heavily based on his elusiveness and incredible jaw. He is just a touch slower now, but that is enough for people to land. His incredible jaw isn't what it used to be, and those shots landing are taking him down.

A prime Anderson Silva was a legend. An older Silva is still a great fighter, but without the unbeatable feeling anymore. I'd love to see him fight a can to close out his career in highlight fashion, but if this is it, salute to him.
Silva's body cannot take it anymore. I think he will finally retire.
Too bad to see the GOAT lose like this. Time is the goat maybe

Uriah Hall continues his career trend of expect the unexpected.

His nickname should be ‘the mystery box’

Sad sight to watch. First it was Fedor, then Shogun, Aldo, and now Silva.

I wonder who will last the longest. Shogun, Fedor, and Aldo are still fighting. I feel like Aldo will be the next one to retire despite being the youngest, leaving Shogun and Fedor.

#feelsbadmanbutwhatever

That’s Herb Dean for you...

Dana has kept Silva around all these years in Hope's of bellator not scooping him up too soon. Coker can still make a little jingle off of him regardless. Silva can even pick up a W or two there against other names from yesteryear instead of going out as the ufc's punching bag

I wonder who will last the longest. Shogun, Fedor, and Aldo are still fighting. I feel like Aldo will be the next one to retire despite being the youngest, leaving Shogun and Fedor.

Your avatar reminds me of Overeem. He's another legend still fighting way passed his prime. :D

As for your question, good question.

Hmm... hard to say, but all of these guys are getting paid big dollars because of their names, and promoters are using them to build up new prospects in division with poor name recognition.

For these reasons, I think Shogun would be the first to go, because the LHW division has some decent name recognition at the moment and may not need Shogun as much.

Aldo might be around longer, because the fighters at Bantamweight are still relatively not that famous. Same with Fedor and Bellator's HW division.

Back