Uriah Hall: Israel Adesanya 'danced with Anderson' Silva, and I 'finished it'

If the fight was three rounds, both fighters would have a different approach. Peak Hall (sadly) beats Current Silva in any format.
True, today's Hall beat any version of near 46yrs old Silva, but when was Hall's prime? The night he won Mousasi?

Lol their fight was 3 rounds

Had tonight's fight would have been 3 rounds, Silva would have won a decision.

if he was good enough for even anything close to a title shot, he should have finished that sooner. cannonier threw a few leg kicks and that was it.

if silva at 45 years old, almost 8 years removed as the champ gives you trouble, you are not a top contender.

True, today's Hall beat any version of near 46yrs old Silva, but when was Hall's prime?

Probably right now. Against Mousasi he got dominated until all of sudden he won. At least that was the point I was trying to make; 2020-Hall will beat 2020-Silva in any format. Two rounds-TUF-exhibition, three rounds or five rounds, it doesn't matter.

If the fight was three rounds, both fighters would have a different approach. Peak Hall (sadly) beats Current Silva in any format.

Yeah, Uriah Hall would be more aggressive and fight at a higher pace. Someone like Uriah Hall would never start slow when he shouldn't.

tbf izzy could have finished anderson if anderson accepted a 5 rounder...
I am glad Izzy did not finish Silva.

Izzy’s finishing sequences are devastating and no one wanted to see Silva “Bobby knuckled” by Izzy

I am glad Izzy did not finish Silva.

Izzy’s finishing sequences are devastating and no one wanted to see Silva “Bobby knuckled” by Izzy
Tbh I didn’t want to see izzy finish bobby.

rematch would be a lot different imo.

How lmao. Jesus dude, you have a chip on your shoulder as large as Izzys.

Yeah man why dont you like Hall?

Seems like a pretty genuine dude
How often do you see me express dislike for a fighter??? There is probably only a couple guys who have annoyed ne to the point of dislike.

If you watch Hall's interviews lately, he's been extremely fake and whiny. He complains about "politics" and how he has to "play the game" to get ahead like others. No motherfucker, you have to go out there and perform well consistently.

He has the physical tools, he has a little fanbase and notoriety from his TUF days. The only thing holding him back is his mental and that HE can't put it all together. But he's acting as if the UFC are "holding him back". GTFO.

Even Dana White dissed him. He's one of the lowest output fighters. Timid as hell. Then he goes and complains about guys trash talking and being "fake". But his trash talk is the fakest shit I've seen thus far. He's the one with the chip on his shoulder. Too bad he's using it wrong.

Silva should never fought in the UFC after Adesanya, he should fought the elder of Elder.

Izzy could have. It's not about that. Hall doesn't get it. If Sampras re-enters the circuit you're not supposed to 6-0 him.

How often do you see me express dislike for a fighter??? There is probably only a couple guys who have annoyed ne to the point of dislike.

If you watch Hall's interviews lately, he's been extremely fake and whiny. He complains about "politics" and how he has to "play the game" to get ahead like others. No motherfucker, you have to go out there and perform well consistently.

He has the physical tools, he has a little fanbase and notoriety from his TUF days. The only thing holding him back is his mental and that HE can't put it all together. But he's acting as if the UFC are "holding him back". GTFO.

Even Dana White dissed him. He's one of the lowest output fighters. Timid as hell. Then he goes and complains about guys trash talking and being "fake". But his trash talk is the fakest shit I've seen thus far. He's the one with the chip on his shoulder. Too bad he's using it wrong.
I agree his press conference was a shit one.
I personally don't like the guy.

But he is far from the worst. Honestly I can't believe you find Uriah more annoying than Izzy, who has a massive persecution complex.

I agree though, he has mental issues. But he is clearly trying to fix them. He has a psychologist, he changed gyms to find one that suits him.

And I sort of disagree about the "playing the game". I agree if he had performed consistently he would be in a better situation, but tbh Dana has turned the UFC into a clown fiesta. Everyone has to trash talk.

He was going to set up Izzy vs Whittaker 2, but then Whittaker didn't go out of his way at the post fight presser to trash talk/go after izzy. That shows you that he has a problem with people who don't sell the product, even though their job is that of an athlete, not a public speaker.

Like Uriah but Izzy would destroy him, not a competitive fight at all IMO

I agree his press conference was a shit one.
I personally don't like the guy.

But he is far from the worst. Honestly I can't believe you find Uriah more annoying than Izzy, who has a massive persecution complex.

I agree though, he has mental issues. But he is clearly trying to fix them. He has a psychologist, he changed gyms to find one that suits him.

And I sort of disagree about the "playing the game". I agree if he had performed consistently he would be in a better situation, but tbh Dana has turned the UFC into a clown fiesta. Everyone has to trash talk.

He was going to set up Izzy vs Whittaker 2, but then Whittaker didn't go out of his way at the post fight presser to trash talk/go after izzy. That shows you that he has a problem with people who don't sell the product, even though their job is that of an athlete, not a public speaker.
I don't want to make fun of the guy's mental issues. He's boring and timid in the cage IMO, and he is blaming bs reasons as to why he's not ahead while disrespecting others who earned it.

The Whittaker example is largely different. Whittaker is exciting, high level, and goes for it in the octagon. As far as him not being the next to fight Israel, that's not politics. After Whittaker dominated Jared, everyone was promoting Israel vs Rob 2 including Dana White. But the two most important people didn't show much interest. That was Adesanya and Whittaker themselves.

The UFC is in the business of selling fights so yes it's only natural that they would want the fighters to speak up a bit and challenge who they want. Especially when you are trying to sell a rematch of a fairly one sided fight.

Adesanya doesn't annoy me in the slightest. He can come off as extra in some moments but he's an all around entertainer and a genuine dude IMO. Aside from the Romero fight, most of his pre fight talk he's been correct.

Just because he is not reserved like Whittaker, I can enjoy both.

Last edited:
I don't want to make fun of the guy's mental issues. He's boring and timid in the cage IMO, and he is blaming bs reasons as to why he's not ahead while disrespecting others who earned it.

The Whittaker example is largely different. Whittaker is exciting, high level, and goes for it in the octagon. As far as him not being the next to fight Israel, that's not politics. After Whittaker dominated Jared, everyone was promoting Israel vs Rob 2 including Dana White. But the two most important people didn't show much interest. That was Adesanya and Whittaker themselves.

The UFC is in the business of selling fights so yes it's only natural that they would want the fighters to speak up a bit and challenge who they want. Especially when you are trying to sell a car of a fairly one sided fight.

Adesanya doesn't annoy me in the slightest. He can come off as extra in some moments but he's an all around entertainer and a genuine dude IMO. Aside from the Romero fight, most of his pre fight talk he's been correct.

Just because he is not reserved like Whittaker, I can enjoy both.
Fair enough. To be honest, I while I find Uriah annoying, and boring, I can sympathize with his issues.
With Izzy, I don't find his personality at all entertaining. When he is being chill, I like him, but when he is trash talking, its pure cringe. He might be genuine, but I hope that isn't his actual personality, because he comes across as insecure, with a chip on his shoulder.

I agree with your assessment of Whittaker vs Izzy 2. Dana seemed onboard, but Whittaker only showed a baseline level of interest, and Izzy didn't even comment lol.

Back