Uriah Hall: His Time Is Now

Bels89

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I can't think of a more hyped guy coming out of any season on TUF. He absolutely steam rolled the entire cast until meeting Kelvin Gastelum in the Final. It was actually Kelvin who shined coming off the season. I watched Hall live at UFC 187 against Natal and he didn't look like himself. He was hesitant and holding back his strikes - he almost performs on the same level as his opponent.

In his 7 UFC fights he has 3 TKO Wins, 1 Unan. Decisions.
In his loses he has 3 Split Decisions. 3!
He has never lost by sub and only TKO loss was an early loss to Weidman outside the UFC.

When he comes out and pushes the action and is the aggressor - the sky is the limit. For the first time in his career he needs to rise up the level or above the level of a higher ranked opponent. - I think it is more of a psychological issue then a physical.

Mosasi is as cold blooded as it gets as far as demeanor and mentality - hes going to come to fight - If Hall brings the same mentality this is possible...

if2ItvnwSG5VF.gif

he was overrated on TUF, he's a Gatekeeper at best

Nope. He doesn't have it.

His time to get finished is now idd.

I don't think it's ever going to be Hall's time.

Unless you meant time to crush cans.

If you mean he will dance around afraid to throw any strike meaningful, then yeah sure.

Mousasi by ko.

twhy he not gonna be champion or a top 3 in the division

- He has no heart, its like he doesnt even want to hurt his opponents, and when you are GSP you can be that way, but if you are the fucking Uriah Hall, the monster from the TUF with kick and punches to who destroy the steel... you HAVE to hurt your opponent. He has not agression at all, everything look like a sparring or technical exhibition when he fights and its a shame because the guy has a HUUUGE potential, amazing physical and technical skills.

Why he gonna lost agains the moose:

- Because the same i said before and...

- Because Uriah has a weak wrestling, he was dominated by Gastelum, of course Gastelum has better wrestling than moose but, Gegard has very great grappling and is very well roundes, has lots of experience has high fight IQ, sooner or later this fight gonna end in the ground if the striking exchanges turn just too dangerous for Gegard.

Mousasi via submission or decision. Maybe even TKO vua ground and pound who knows.

He'll be lucky to lose a decision against Gegard

the guy got over hyped all because of one spinning kick

His footwork isn't that great (especially on offense), he's hittable, his chin has failed him before, nobody knows how good his cardio is since his pace is so slow, and he hasn't damaged any UFC-level fighter with any of his kicks.

So...not sure what about him everyone is so excited about. Yeah, he has good power in his hands, but so do a lot of gatekeepers.

I like him, I think he COULD be good, but it's just as much an issue of answering question marks about his physical abilities as it is his mental abilities. I'm not assuming he has great, fast, strong kicks, great cardio, good striking defense, and a sturdy chin. Why would I assume any of that? He hasn't proven any of that at the UFC level.

Bad match up for him. Mousasi takes him down and subs him.

[GFY]SickInfamousBorer[/GFY]

[GFY]UltimateIckyFunnelweaverspider[/GFY]

meh he just isn't mentally cut out to be a fighter. Don't see him ever being in the elite of the division.

I don't think we've ever had a hype train that's going to get derailed so amazingly TWICE

This is historic

meh he just isn't mentally cut out to be a fighter. Don't see him ever being in the elite of the division.

He has not shown that he can do it yet - ill give you that. But when you hear about high level fighters like GSP talk about how terrified they get before walking out to the cage and the pressure they have in the ring it may take a long time before a fighter feels comfterable. That time may never come. But 1 thing we do know is that he has the talent - getting the right coaches/people around him could change that in 1 fight.

Hall vs Whittaker should be one hell ova fight.

he was overrated on TUF, he's a Gatekeeper at best

He doesn't look himself more often than he looks himself.

Or he looks himself against weaker competition.

[GFY]SickInfamousBorer[/GFY]

[GFY]UltimateIckyFunnelweaverspider[/GFY]

LOL, if you read close at my description I said exactly what happened in the first round:

Gegard too well rounded, domintaing Uriah Hall in the ground because exchanging is TOO DANGEROUS to him

Always the striking exchanges are DANGEROUS to Uriah Hall opponents, I said it his he has lots of power, he is the monsted of the tuf

Great TKO and great win by Uriah but lets be honest, that Gegard Mousasi win that fight 70/30 of the time. Its difficult to make a TKO that way, Uriah couldnt do it in the first round, he did in the second, but if he missed that shot, for sure that was a decision win for the moose. The first round x3

"I watched Hall live at UFC 187 against Natal and he didn't look like himself. He was hesitant and holding back his strikes - he almost performs on the same level as his opponent. "

Thats him almost every fight. Hes mentally weak imo

LOL, if you read close at my description I said exactly what happened in the first round:

Gegard too well rounded, domintaing Uriah Hall in the ground because exchanging is TOO DANGEROUS to him

Always the striking exchanges are DANGEROUS to Uriah Hall opponents, I said it his he has lots of power, he is the monsted of the tuf

Great TKO and great win by Uriah but lets be honest, that Gegard Mousasi win that fight 70/30 of the time. Its difficult to make a TKO that way, Uriah couldnt do it in the first round, he did in the second, but if he missed that shot, for sure that was a decision win for the moose. The first round x3

Hall had Mousasi in trouble in the first round with his submission attempts and fought off Moose well.

Looks like to me Uriah Hall dominated Mousasi on the feet, and got a spectacular finish. Mousasi should work on his striking defense and not learn to telegraph his wrestling shots from that far out so he doesn't get knocked out again.

That's what I took from it.

He's shown that he can hit hard. But his kicks have only really worked when fighting semi amateurs fighters in TUF. I really don't know why he lacks so much agressiveness in fights, maybe he shouldn't be a fighter, I don't see the fire in his eyes.

Fluke kick Hall's time is definitely now. Who really knows how long the fluke will last.

Hall had Mousasi in trouble in the first round with his submission attempts and fought off Moose well.

Looks like to me Uriah Hall dominated Mousasi on the feet, and got a spectacular finish. Mousasi should work on his striking defense and not learn to telegraph his wrestling shots from that far out so he doesn't get knocked out again.

Mousasi manhandled Uriah on the ground and in one moment Hall put Mousasi in trouble, thats right, he has some skills from his back, but still that round was a clear 10 - 9 for the moose.

And it is true, Hall catched Mousasi perfectly because his timing and skill are perfect (I dont think that was a "lucky punch"), and because the moose was lazy and didnt set up properly his takedowns, he didnt bother in mixing the takedowns with striking and get caught for it.

I am not against Uriah Hall, I think he is amazing, but let be honest:

A great wrestler has no problems to dominate him in the ground, just has to be really cautious and avoid the vicious kicks and punches.

If my money is in the line, I put it in Mousasi again.

This was like Cain vs Junior Dos Santos... Cain has the tools to dominate JDS in the ground all the time he wants, but didnt respect JDS striking enough in the first fight and het KOED

Moose could dominate Uriah in the ground for 5+ rounds... but didnt respect Uriah Hall striking enough... and got koed

He's in the top 10 now and coming of a great win. He's 31 so now is the best time for him to do something.

The guy just stands there n doesn't throw anything but when he does he's a beast, very frustrating to watch.

I dont see anyone wanting to take this fight down

Agreed, I just cant figure out who is going to get the KO? they both are so good at that one strike KO.

Well I for one am man enough to admit I was wrong!

Although I was never that high on Mousasi and felt he was also a habitual underachiever...

He needs a sports psychologist.

100% this... Hall has all the gifts needed to be elite but he lacks the mental toughness or focus to keep his $h!t together, it seems. The guy has speed, great striking and timing, and he's a beast but he's such a headcase I just don't see him cracking into the top 5 ever unless something changes in his mental game. Mousasi will most likely submit him mid fight.

I can't think of a more hyped guy coming out of any season on TUF. He absolutely steam rolled the entire cast until meeting Kelvin Gastelum in the Final. It was actually Kelvin who shined coming off the season. I watched Hall live at UFC 187 against Natal and he didn't look like himself. He was hesitant and holding back his strikes - he almost performs on the same level as his opponent.

In his 7 UFC fights he has 3 TKO Wins, 1 Unan. Decisions.
In his loses he has 3 Split Decisions. 3!
He has never lost by sub and only TKO loss was an early loss to Weidman outside the UFC.

When he comes out and pushes the action and is the aggressor - the sky is the limit. For the first time in his career he needs to rise up the level or above the level of a higher ranked opponent. - I think it is more of a psychological issue then a physical.

Mosasi is as cold blooded as it gets as far as demeanor and mentality - hes going to come to fight - If Hall brings the same mentality this is possible...

if2ItvnwSG5VF.gif

Nostradamus right here, nice prediction

Oliver Bangbus was hardly a test for Hall. If he can beat Mousasi, I'll be convinced, because he's been less than stellar, so far.

BwawPYs.gif

Mousasi is gonna be too much too soon, I'm afraid.

I don't think it's ever going to be Hall's time.

Unless you meant time to crush cans.

lol@ Moose coming to fight

Moose doesn't always "show up" to fight either

Since that fight with Howard, my expectations have fallen quite a bit, when it comes to Hall.

zOW3Sx3.gif

Sadly, this was probably the best part of the fight. Hopefully he can put on a good showing, and tap into more of his potential.

Back