Uriah Hall has insane reach for his height

Sonny Liston, 6'1 and an 84 inch reach.

9-25-2012-sonny-liston-4_3.jpg

Depends on the angle but in most pictures the Floyd Patterson looks just like Alistair Overeerm.

Floyd_Patterson_1962.jpg

Now make us a thread about Cerrone's height.

Quick, google isn't working here.

In all seriousness, it's been found that Nilotic and sub-Saharan Africans have disproportionately elongated arms and legs relative to their height. It's thought that this is an adaptation to the extreme heat of the region. The long arms and legs, it is theorized, act as ultra-effective radiators, due to increased their increased surface area, allowing more heat to be shed and thus allowing greater athletic performance in these warmer climates. This translates into modern black Americans and basketball very well. It's not just that they're tall; their arms are far longer than Leonardo's idealized Vitruvian male whose wingspan is equal to his height. On average, your average NBA player is a black male with a reach 4-4.5 inches longer than his height. A guy like Dwight Howard may "only" stand 6'10, but his reach is 7'5. Think about that.

There's a book called Sports Science that lays out a couple chapters on this and a lot of other explosive-related material. Suffice it to say that black people tend to have extremely long limbs due to evolutionary forces imposed on them back in Africa and these long limbs are helping them cash in on a variety of sports today.

Extremely interesting, never knew this.

Gus' height and reach had nothing to do with. His footwork and gameplan were spot on. A smaller fight could do what he did just fine.
Its a myth that reach is the only thing that matters, and people like yourself are dumb enough to believe it

It's a myth that I claimed reach is the only thing that matters, or anything near that, but people like yourself are dumb enough to believe it because of your terrible reading comprehension.

The lack of dramatic reach disadvantage for Gus meant he didn't have to close as much distance on the way in for a jab, straight, or uppercut; during which Jones, without much difficulty, could have had time to react and deter his forward movement.

Chris has an unusual amount of power in his strikes, they almost look slow but it has the effect of a brick hitting the dude, like there is no give when his fist hits you it just goes through you

Jeez, is Reem sparring... no, he wouldn't be sparring with... and certainly not that hard... I mean, the size difference alone...

I need an adult (and an explanation).

That's not cowboy, I think that he is a German HW mma fighter.
just sayin'.

In all seriousness, it's been found that Nilotic and sub-Saharan Africans have disproportionately elongated arms and legs relative to their height. It's thought that this is an adaptation to the extreme heat of the region. The long arms and legs, it is theorized, act as ultra-effective radiators, due to increased their increased surface area, allowing more heat to be shed and thus allowing greater athletic performance in these warmer climates. This translates into modern black Americans and basketball very well. It's not just that they're tall; their arms are far longer than Leonardo's idealized Vitruvian male whose wingspan is equal to his height. On average, your average NBA player is a black male with a reach 4-4.5 inches longer than his height. A guy like Dwight Howard may "only" stand 6'10, but his reach is 7'5. Think about that.

There's a book called Sports Science that lays out a couple chapters on this and a lot of other explosive-related material. Suffice it to say that black people tend to have extremely long limbs due to evolutionary forces imposed on them back in Africa and these long limbs are helping them cash in on a variety of sports today.

inb4 someone calls you a racist.

That's not cowboy, I think that he is a German HW mma fighter.
just sayin'.

Okay. That makes more sense now. It was hard to tell but buddy looked very similar to Cowboy, just a bit bigger. Well, a lot in hindsight.

The Reem is an animal in training.

inb4 someone calls you a racist.

Hey, the only difference between the races is skin colour, bro! I'm taking Bio 12 right now and my teacher just broke it down for me. It's all about meiosis, mitosis, and, uh, cellular issues but a racist fuck like you wouldn't get it so I'm just gonna go chill to some Frankie Zappa, man. Peace.

We are all one.

Interesting, I wonder if there was ever a book or series that went into stuff like this but not just about Africans. Like why most of the best swimmers in the world are white cause white people tend to have body types better for swimming or how most of the best power lifters come from Scandinavian countries. Or why Asians and white people seem to be better at gymnastics(maybe longer trunk/shorter limbs makes them better at it on average, easier to spin, hold your self up ect).

I think stuff like that is cool as shit to learn about as long as everyone keeps the conversation respectful and don't act superior.

Yeah hes got a long reach. Shit, i didnt know son fought weidman! Weidman has a crazy reach, too, i think it might be 80" as well.

Back