Media Uriah Hall finally gets to ask about one of MMA's biggest mysteries

The biggest MMA mystery is whose the person that met BJ Penn at the airport.
Of course, Uncle Jun.
tenor.gif

This was actually a great interview by Uriah. A bit sour as usual but he's giving off that fun and relaxed vibe.

Uriah is def not a fan or Morgan. Kept throwing darts at him the whole time.

Quora:

There are theories about that floating around. Not sure which one is the real reason why, or the primary reason. It’s likely a combination of two or more on the list below:

1. He’s Dana White’s favorite.
  2. He gets to the press conferences real early, before all the other journalists, and this apparently gets him first dibs on questions when the conference becomes open to questions.
  3. He has the most clout of all of the reporters because he works for MMAjunkie, which is owned by Gannett Company Inc., the largest newspaper publisher in the country.
  4. Seniority. He’s been an MMA reporter since 2007, so he’s part of the old guard.
  5. When you go with Morgan first, he sets a good tone for the conference. That’s a guarantee. He asks good, intelligent questions, he has a very pleasant demeanor, and he never asks questions that make Dana or the fighters uncomfortable. He’s 100% respectful.
  6. “It’s tradition.” - The Schmo.

3.3K views
View upvotes
· Answer requested by
Andrew Diaz

Related Answers
Related Answer

Dana M Dietz

, I have never fought mma, but I have become a study of it. I watch the old fight
Answered 5 years ago · Author has 910 answers and 3.8M answer views

https://www.quora.com/Has-anyone-died-in-UFC

Yeah right.
It was. I was posting on here about 13 years ago and BJ had a fight coming up him and his brothers where at the airport in Honolulu heading to vegas. There was some thread on here about BJ and his fight and how his training was his cardio ect. He was still with Marv Marinovich at the time when the whole pool jumping video was out. I had a quick chat with him about the fight and some other things. Later I was on Sherdog and posted in that thread that I just ran into BJ at the airport and he looked and sounds good. Then it just kinda blew up from there.

I met Oliveira on a plane recently, his English wasn’t great. I told him to smash Dustin

He had the belt with him in a black velour type protector, pretty cool
It’s hard not to pull for a guy that has been ran through a grinder like he has.

Quora:

There are theories about that floating around. Not sure which one is the real reason why, or the primary reason. It’s likely a combination of two or more on the list below:

1. He’s Dana White’s favorite.
  2. He gets to the press conferences real early, before all the other journalists, and this apparently gets him first dibs on questions when the conference becomes open to questions.
  3. He has the most clout of all of the reporters because he works for MMAjunkie, which is owned by Gannett Company Inc., the largest newspaper publisher in the country.
  4. Seniority. He’s been an MMA reporter since 2007, so he’s part of the old guard.
  5. When you go with Morgan first, he sets a good tone for the conference. That’s a guarantee. He asks good, intelligent questions, he has a very pleasant demeanor, and he never asks questions that make Dana or the fighters uncomfortable. He’s 100% respectful.
  6. “It’s tradition.” - The Schmo.

3.3K views
View upvotes
· Answer requested by
Andrew Diaz

Related Answers
Related Answer

Dana M Dietz

, I have never fought mma, but I have become a study of it. I watch the old fight
Answered 5 years ago · Author has 910 answers and 3.8M answer views
Good one. Thanks

Back