Uriah Hall born in Jamaica raised in America but sounds Canadian?

Redman092000

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
....................................REad.......................

Has anyone noticed this how he has no jamaican accent no american accent and he sounds like a canadian. It sounds funny how him and THAT other black bald guy on the show were from the same hood yet hall speaks all proper and the other guy uses slang. dicuss

99.9% of us Canadians are nice. Mike Ricci falls into the .1%. Hall is the Ricci of this season

That has to be one of the most biased comments I've heard on here.

Someone obviously doesn't realize that much like different states, the "Canadian" accent varies depending on region. I can travel an hour from where I live and run into people I barely understand that also speak some form of English.

Hall doesn't sound like GSP, TJ Grant, Rory MacDonald, Krzysztof Soszynski, Mark Bocek or any other Canuck that has ever graced to octagon. Hell they don't even sound alike andthey're all from Canada, go figure.

I'll be biased and assume that TS doesn't know what he's talking about...only thing is I'll be right.

15 posts been here 1 month and already has dubs

yeah i can see you lasting here long and this is the 2nd troll thread today

Non French Canadians sound like Americans, outside of a few mispronunciations.

99.9% of us Canadians are nice. Mike Ricci falls into the .1%. Hall is the Ricci of this season

I bet I would really like it in Canada. From my understanding, Canada and Sweden aren't that far apart when it comes to how people behave and so on (although, I'd probably call it a myth that Swedes in general are nice people ... the people in Stockholm are all but nice: closed up, not especially helpful, skipping lines, stressed out, pushing and just misbehaving in general imo).

Has anyone noticed this how he has no jamaican accent no american accent and he sounds like a canadian. It sounds funny how him and THAT other black bald guy on the show were from the same hood yet hall speaks all proper and the other guy uses slang. dicuss

He sounds like a Jamaican from NY to me. Being a NYer that grew up in a neighborhood that featured a large Jamaican & Caribbean population, I think I have a decent frame of reference.

I also didn't realize Georgia, Arkansas & Colorado (the home states of the other black guys) were all in Queens, NY (where Uriah lives). I guess all black people are from "the same hood." & surprisingly, some of them actually speak proper....imagine that!!:icon_surp

So black canadians are likely to sound like him because so many are jamaican or come from the caribbean. But otherwise, naw he doesn't have a standard canadian accent at all.

He does sound exactly like the black Canadians I've met from the Toronto/eastern Canada area.

Non French Canadians sound like Americans, outside of a few mispronunciations.

Not even close. I live in Windsor and can see Detroit from my house and the difference between the accents is crazy.

Sounds Canadian? I don't even..

No wonder you're banned.

Thats how a lot of northerners talk now..just regular like.....or spanish...

Back