Upset Alert: Dominick Reyes +445

SpedDaddyV

GOAT
@Black
Reaction score
If you’re going to bet on UFC tomorrow night, I think Reyes is as juicy as a bet as it gets.

-Jon Jones has shown difficulty in fighting larger men in the past. Dominick Reyes is a young explosive kid who I don’t think Jones will take down.

-He looked pretty bad in there against a one legged journey man like Thiago Santos. He didn’t even look great against Smith. Smith just fought like someone who was in awe to be in the moment.

-The odds of a flash KO happening in Jon Jones’ favor compared to Reyes is much less.

-Did Jon Jones juice in the past? How will being off the juice affect his psyche now?

-Reyes is fighting for his life and his future. Jones’ legacy is cemented in history already and no matter what he says, he will not be as motivated in fighting Reyes as he was against Shogun or whoever earlier in his career and his no longer an open canvas.

-The odds of a fighter like Jon Jones continuing his dominant streak only works against him in betting odds. Almost all reigns eventually come to an end. In a sport like MMA where there are so many variables that allows for a fighter to lose (KO, sub, bad judges, freak injury) it is hard NOT to take plus money against it at this stage.

I like Jon Jones because I like dynasties in sports. But this is one that is on borrowed time and I like Reyes for the upset by KO or decision.

Jones is better pretty much everywhere. It’s unfortunate, but that’s all the betting line reflects.

The line is somewhat appealing I agree. But betting against Bones hasn't worked since 2011.

giphy.webp

-Did Jon Jones juice in the past? How will being off the juice affect his psyche now?
Just from jon's demeanour and watching him train (on the countdown) I'm thinking that he's pulsing again. What ever the fuck pulsing is (we all know - well at least those of us who are not in denial or dumber than a rock. But we all know that you cannot just say that so I'm using the terminology (excuse) that is giving for jon failing PED tests).

Dom via elbow from the clinch

If I could think of a way Reyes could win tactically I could maybe take those odds. I just can’t see it though. So it’s way too dependent on a quick TKO/KO.

Dom via peruvian necktie in the third. Ez

I don't think people know how much of a dog Reyes is in this fight. He truly has the best chance to beat Jones than any of Jones' previous opponents. I smell a great upset incoming.

Call me a casual but even if Reyes might have a chance, he is pretty underwhelming.
If he wins it will by a boring split decision where he gets the early lead and Jon can't bridge the gap.

It will be so anti climatic that I don't really care.

Even though Jon* is supposedly not on steroids, Reyes doesnt stand a chance. Although, I would be pleasantly surprised if he did win.

Almost all reigns eventually come to an end.

This is really the only comment in your post I don't agree with.

They ALL end, it's just a matter of predicting when.

I'll be pulling for Reyes for sure.

Just from jon's demeanour and watching him train (on the countdown) I'm thinking that he's pulsing again. What ever the fuck pulsing is (we all know - well at least those of us who are not in denial or dumber than a rock. But we all know that you cannot just say that so I'm using the terminology (excuse) that is giving for jon failing PED tests).

I totally agree .... I think Jones looks to be in even better shape this fight too..... Highly suspicious .... But I guess he gets a pass right ...ffs

I totally agree .... I think Jones looks to be in even better shape this fight too..... Highly suspicious .... But I guess he gets a pass right ...ffs
There is something about the way he is coming off in interviews or clips. Just seems a bit shady and like his old self (the super arrogant and slightly pissed off jon).

The line is somewhat appealing I agree. But betting against Bones hasn't worked since 2011.

funny you say that (and it’s actually 2009).. I actually bet on Matt Hamill that fight and when they cut to commercial prior to the decision being made I thought I lost the bet as Matt Hamill layed there motionless in a pool of his own blood coming from his eyes

needless to say I was pretty ecstatic when he got DQed

god that feels like yesterday

funny you say that (and it’s actually 2009).. I actually bet on Matt Hamill that fight and when they cut to commercial prior to the decision being made I thought I lost the bet as Matt Hamill layed there motionless in a pool of his own blood coming from his eyes

needless to say I was pretty ecstatic when he got DQed

god that feels like yesterday
We're getting old :(

I haven’t really paid much attention to how he looks this go around. He looked like a guy off a sitcom during the earlier press conferences when this fight was announced, but that could be due to his haircut

Nothing can possibly match how Jones looked before his second fight with DC when he shaved his head and looked like a cyborg with a 8 pack

Back