Media *UPSET ALERT!* Demetrious Johnson just got KO'd by Adriano Moraes at ONE FC!

Didn’t DJ advocate for knees to a grounded opponent?

how ironic.
thought the same. he was very vocal lately about that, after the yan incident

the irony. i don't agree with the other comments tho, i think he hasn't missed a beat. he looked the same to me, got caught honestly. moraes did well using his range but he wasn't throwing much, dj had him just with volume until he ended up under adriano. good shot behind the ear and devastating knee to follow up by moraes.

A rematch is def interesting. dj's got to figure out a way to get closer in a more emphatic way. no corners and bigger cell doesn't help him one bit tho.

Yup. All fighters lose in this sport.

facts. khabib knows this

I wouldn’t go that far - Mighty Mouse was doing well in the second but he was playing into Moraes game, since he was forced to close the distance against a bigger/longer/younger fighter with a skill set that plays well against his style.

Props to Moraes, looks like a killer; Mighty Mouse definitely lost a few steps, 34 at flyweight with 35 pro fights is pretty shopworn. Can still hang with top guys but they are going to catch him here and there at this stage.
It seems like he lost most of his speed. I don't remember him being this slow.

Looked like he didn’t see the knee coming whatsoever. Gotta be difficult to adjust to these rules, that position is normally somewhat safe and it’s gotta be hard to kill habits like that this deep into your career. Either way, Moraes looked great.

Fuck... hes still my boy!
Oh btw, that dude is MASSIVE!!
Look like a 2 weightclass above DJ

Felt bad for DJ. You can see the sadness in his eyes in the post fight interview. :(

It seems like he lost most of his speed. I don't remember him being this slow.
Its hard to look fast when DJ has no takedown threat against moraes and moraes has more power too.. DJ was hesitant as fuck especially because of moraes great footwork and reach

DJ looks way slower than his usual self. But still an impressive performance from moraes.
Crazy. Any casuals watching probably thought Mighty Mouse is an overrated bum. He looked off but gotta give all the credit to Moraes.

one fc rules, fighting a guy that's a full weight class bigger, and no drug testing... the cards were stacked against DJ... not hating on Moraes, he took advantage of the ruleset

Its hard to look fast when DJ has no takedown threat against moraes and moraes has more power too.. DJ was hesitant as fuck especially because of moraes great footwork and reach
I'm talking about his punching and striking speed.

I'm talking about his punching and striking speed.
Really? I thought his actual punches looked sharp as ever. He just couldn't flurry against a guy who could circle out and had KO threat + is clearly a better grappler

Makes you wonder if the average UFC fighter would have many more losses if knees to the head were legal everywhere.

DJ is a GOAT level fighter but he got finished in two rounds. Would Khabib or Jon Jones still be undefeated?

Back