Media *UPSET ALERT!* Demetrious Johnson just got KO'd by Adriano Moraes at ONE FC!

Knees to a downed opponent help more than hurt wrestlers.

It can benefit both wrestler and strikers depending on the position and make for more interesting fights.

VNJ.gif

c03WJoTuBv4NHoL2RYzj77__xvmPLbjlpOmovCA5QV0.gif

BigheartedWastefulCamel-size_restricted.gif

I don't know if it was watching the DJ, Eddie, or Reug Reug fight but One FC is garbage (not the fighters skillset) just the whole presentation was a shitshow. Honestly the real highlights of the event were the stand up fights everything else made me grateful for Bellator/UFC.

What's so hard to understand? Upkicks in the UFC are only legal to fighters who are considered standing. The second they drop the knee to the floor their opponent cant uptick them In the face any longer. Exact same rules for knees. If you could somehow knee a standing opponent in the face from your back they'd be legal too in the ufc.
But, you can’t upkick a downed opponent, only a standing one.
Upkicks are potentially more dangerous than knees to grounded fighter is what I mean. Also upkicks to a downed opponent being illegal but upkicks to a standing opponent jumping in being legal highlights the stupidity. Just more rules favoring wrestlers.

Didn’t DJ advocate for knees to a grounded opponent?

how ironic.
I totally get where he's coming from, usually they help a dominant grappler who can actually advance in the right position and you give good sprawlers a weapon against telegraphed takedowns. Knees but no elbows on the ground means you have less lay and pray, you help active grapplers and you give strikers another weapon.

Makes you wonder if the average UFC fighter would have many more losses if knees to the head were legal everywhere.

DJ is a GOAT level fighter but he got finished in two rounds. Would Khabib or Jon Jones still be undefeated?
Uberreem with One FC rules and testing would be the HW goat.

Moraes looked way bigger, he must’ve cut weight to make 135.

Yeah, I don't buy their hydration testing thing. Only seems to apply to the American fighters coming over from the UFC. No way is he walking around at 135 fully hydrated. He's at least a weight class bigger than DJ.

Makes you wonder if the average UFC fighter would have many more losses if knees to the head were legal everywhere.

DJ is a GOAT level fighter but he got finished in two rounds. Would Khabib or Jon Jones still be undefeated?
Khabib wouldn’t, Jones would probably be even scarier. Jon Jones with downed knees AND 12-6 elbows would kill someone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back