Updated Video...... training MT

ssullivan80

see....what had happened was
@Brown
Reaction score
I told you I would update the video I posted yesterday (taken about a year ago). Anyhow, i appreciated the advice. My trainer and i have started to record my bag/pad work/sparring for later review. It really helps to see yourself, although it is kinda depressing sometimes!

:icon_twisNew Video (yesterday): for some strange reason the first half recorded in slow motion (kinda cool) and the resolution is not that good...... either way, here ya go! Thanks again for your advice! :icon_arro

YouTube - Updated: Muay Thai Bag Work

Kind of hard to tell with the speed of the second one lol.

Kind of hard to tell with the speed of the second one lol.

yeah it is..... camera got bad resolution.....However, flying knees in slow motion are pretty cool! The video speeds up during the second part, still bad resolution, taking the damn camera back!

that bag look realy light, what you have puted inside ? water ?
btw nice :)

your flying knees look cool! especially in slo mo :)

your kicks look really good

yea bro, i tink you need a better camera lol, cudn't really se emuch from that, it looked good tho. your left kick is good, i need 2 work on that. i watched the flyin knee in slo mo about 4 times h ahah. Nice.

yea bro, i tink you need a better camera lol, cudn't really se emuch from that, it looked good tho. your left kick is good, i need 2 work on that. i watched the flyin knee in slo mo about 4 times h ahah. Nice.

Thanks bro, yeah that camera sucks...... could have had better resolution from my cell phone. Oh well, that is what I get for buying the "red tag clearance" camera, taking it back!

Yeah, the slo motion made the knees look really cool. Not to mention, any mistakes I probably made (definetely made) were masked in bad resolution! second thought, maybe I should keep the shitty camera!

The left switch kick is my favorite kick. I played soccer and basketball since I was a kid, think it really helped me to have coordination in both feet. However, when I began to learn the kick I spent a lot of time flailing around like an idiot and falling on my ass!

U got ne tips for developing it lol?! As now I can't kick with my right leg, but I am LFF fighter so all my left kicks a re switch kicks, aside from someone on another forum saying a godo thing to work on is snapping out the front kick from your normal stance, which is ok in theory, but fukin hard in practice to get ne decent power behind it lol.

edit: Rob kamans trainin on the heavy bag vid has excellent clips of him throwing a 1, 2 jump (for stance change( switch kick... but this is quit ehard to do lol.. maybe i need to work on the momentum of the step and stance change leading intothe kick.

U got ne tips for developing it lol?! As now I can't kick with my right leg, but I am LFF fighter so all my left kicks a re switch kicks, aside from someone on another forum saying a godo thing to work on is snapping out the front kick from your normal stance, which is ok in theory, but fukin hard in practice to get ne decent power behind it lol.

edit: Rob kamans trainin on the heavy bag vid has excellent clips of him throwing a 1, 2 jump (for stance change( switch kick... but this is quit ehard to do lol.. maybe i need to work on the momentum of the step and stance change leading intothe kick.

For me developin a good switch kick was tough. One of the tips that helped me alot was when switching stance to throw the kick (assuming orthodox stance) i had a tendency to bring my rear leg straight forward, leaving me off balance. A trainer I had, taught me to step that rear leg during the switch, out to 45 degree angle and simultaneously lean toward the right leg with my shoulders, keeping the kick far more balanced. Either way, it helped me tremendously...... now i don't really pay any attention, it's natural.

There are some footwork drills on the sticky by Kyryllo (unsure of spelling) that are awesome. Those would be a great way to start!

Back