*UPDATE* support for my brother who is currently fighting for his life.

sent a small amount, and got frankie edgar to retweet the link, lol.

Goddamn, that's terrible to hear. Hopefully they catch those douche bags but more importantly that your brother pulls through.

i work in burns harbor which is near portage and we have flyers and are taking collections for this poor guy. my coworkers daughter is a friend so i hear. best of luck. i will put into the collection

That fuckin sucks TS.
I'm wishing your bro a full recovery and hopefully the dirt bags who did it find themselves some street justice.

There are some updates in the OP and at the donation page which is also linked in the OP

Hope he recovers and doesn't have too many long lasting injuries. If I were you I would be hunting for these guys and deliver some vigilante justice.

that's horrible.. i hope he can make a decent recovery.. from what i've heard.. the illinois neuroscience institute does solid work..

i've seen plenty of TBI in my line of work.. my wife works in rehab with an interest in neuro-rehab.. from the pictures i've seen.. it looks like he's already had a trach and g-tube.. hopefully they can start working on PT and OT as well as rehab.. if he problems staying awake.. i would try giving him amantadine if he doesn't have any contraindications to it..

keep us updated

Last edited:
Gut feeling tells me the guy will pull through.

My cousin got a fractured skull in a fight the other week late at night. A story like this hits home.

Really hoping your brother pulls through this one pal, I really do. Keep us all updated.

Man that sucks, I hope your brother makes a recovery. I'll definitely say a prayer for tonight.

*UPDATE*

So there has finally been a break in the investigation. Three days ago my family received an text message notification stating that we were close to going over out data plan. My parents went into our family plan account to see what was up and they found out that the majority of the data was coming from by brothers phone. So my father contacted the Galesburg police to ask if they were monitoring Zach's phone records. They stated that they were still waiting for the phone company to release the records. So we gave them access to out account and within a day they arrested a man with the phone. He's from Kansas City and was under probation for aggravated burglary. He is now arrested for theft and obstruction of justice. Unfortunately there isn't enough evidence to convict him of manslaughter or attempted murder being that there are no eye witnesses. So hopefully more evidence pops up, he breaks under interrogation, or my brother can I'd him when he wakes up.

I am sorry to hear this about your brother as I lost mine recently. He will be in my prayers and one of my training partners is a preacher so he will get a whole church praying for him as well. Keep us updated and I feel badly for your brother having this done to him.

I will say prayers for him friend! God bless you & your bro, bro!

Sorry to hear this and I hope your brother is going to be OK.

I hope the people that did this to him get caught and never breath free air again.

*UPDATE*

So there has finally been a break in the investigation. Three days ago my family received an text message notification stating that we were close to going over out data plan. My parents went into our family plan account to see what was up and they found out that the majority of the data was coming from by brothers phone. So my father contacted the Galesburg police to ask if they were monitoring Zach's phone records. They stated that they were still waiting for the phone company to release the records. So we gave them access to out account and within a day they arrested a man with the phone. He's from Kansas City and was under probation for aggravated burglary. He is now arrested for theft and obstruction of justice. Unfortunately there isn't enough evidence to convict him of manslaughter or attempted murder being that there are no eye witnesses. So hopefully more evidence pops up, he breaks under interrogation, or my brother can I'd him when he wakes up.

Oh wow man, im sorry to hear that guy didnt get charged with manslaughter, weird he had the phone. Anyways i wish you and your fam the best of luck &health, peace friend

Oh wow man, im sorry to hear that guy didnt get charged with manslaughter, weird he had the phone. Anyways i wish you and your fam the best of luck &health, peace friend

To be honest I was completely shocked. How can someone be so stupid as to keep a phone that could be easily traced? I'm happy his stupidity let to his arrest though.

Good. Fuck the guy that did this to your brother and I look forward to the post where you update to let us know that your bro woke up and ID'd him.

Stay strong, man. I can't imagine what you and your family are going through.

Wait, you can get charged with manslaughter in the US, even when the victim doesn't die ?

Wow good luck man, that's fucked. People who do things like that should be tortured

Back