*UPDATE* support for my brother who is currently fighting for his life.

internetoughguy

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hey guys, I dont post in the forums that much but I thought I would us this opportunity to ask for your help and support. On September 16th my brother was brutally attacked on his college campus while going on a his nightly walk listening to music. That morning we were notified that my brother was found on a near by rail road track unconscious and wearing nothing but his shorts and all of his belongings missing. Hewas then flown to the nearest hospital where he is currently in a coma and has undergone a Craniotomy.

4VZCh8p.jpg

My brother is one of the strongest and most determined people I know. He was a high school wrestler and he competed in both freestyle and greco roman. He even wrestled at Knox College, where the attack took place. A recent college grad, Zachary received his bachelors in Fine Arts and planned to get his Masters in the field as well. While studying at Knox College, he was a member of Tau Kappa Epsilon, Delta Chapter. There, he served as President.

bcmeNo4.jpg

zrwkdLg.jpg

Our parents have been with him at the hospital since he started receiving care at St. Francis Hospital in Peoria, IL. Zachary has undergone multiple operations in order to keep him stable. While he has slowly progressed, doctors are unsure whether he will continue to improve and break out of his coma.

I am asking for the Sherdog community to keep Zachary in your thoughts and if possible send a donation to help our family in this very difficulty time in our lives.

https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/k563/friends-and-family-for-zachary

*UPDATE*

Today my older brother was contacted by NBC to do an interview on my brother Zachs story. The interview will not focus on his injurys but will instead focus on the amazing person my brother is. It will be played in Chicago an 4:30 and 6:00 PM. For those who can't watch I will try to provide a link to the interview after it airs. I again want to thank everyone here at Sherdog that have gone out of their way to spreads Zachs story and those who helped any way they could. Keep fighting Zach!

Last edited:
Holy shit dude, I'm sorry to hear about this. Do they catch the assholes that did this?

My gf went to Knox and I spent a lot of time on campus there, it's shame that it's so close to a ghetto ass area to the west. You can't even be safe on fucking campus, that's terrible.

My thoughts go out to him.

I hope he can recover and best of luck. Let us know if you wanna just chitchat more. I had an uncle die suddenly just last night and it blows when these things come out of nowhere. As for the rest of you, don't let this get you down too much! We may one day each be the subject of such a post, or someone you know, but we cannot live in fear!

They haven't found the people who did it and we haven't been notified of any leads. I don't have faith in the Galesburg Police Department. I think my brother fought back because he had cuts on his left knuckles (he's left handed). I have a theory that one guy approached him from the front and my brother (with his wrestling past) was getting the better of him and a guy approached him from the back and hit him with some object. They probably thought they killed him and decided to leave him for dead on a rail road track. We got lucky that a train conductor from the opposite track found him and called it in.

Crap man that is unimaginably awful. I hope he pulls through and makes a full recovery.

My condolences, very tragic. I hope you find the person/s who did this.

Set up a Donation site. I can Paypal a little cash, but not much. Maybe $50 or so. I am up to my neck in bills. I will try to help out as best as I can. Best of luck to your brother. Keep us informed.

That's horrible. My condolences and prayers for your brother. I hope he makes a fast and full recovery.

Set up a Donation site. I can Paypal a little cash, but not much. Maybe $50 or so. I am up to my neck in bills. I will try to help out as best as I can. Best of luck to your brother. Keep us informed.

The donation site is at the end of the OP. And thank you man, any amount is fine and greatly appreciated.

The donation site is at the end of the OP. And thank you man, any amount is fine and greatly appreciated.

Good deal. I will donate some tonight. Maybe, I can get up a little more next paycheck.

That is a terrible story.

TS, your brother and my family are in my thoughts ---> positive mojo in transit.

Condolences man, that's awful.

I apologize that I can't help financially, but I put it on my various social networking sites. I've quite a few friends that have money and graciously put it toward things like this.

Nothing but hope for your brother, TS.

I feel for you TS. I'm sending my prayers your way. I wish your brother and family a speedy recovery.

I hope your bro makes a full recovery. The violence in Chicago makes me sick. It's ridiculous out here.

Back