Update (still overrated): Can somebody explain why NYC is so great?

It's a big city, kid. Not all of it looks like what they show in the movies.

Prospect_Heights_Stoops-f8427e.jpg

21LIVING-slide-MYFV-articleLarge.jpg

15558472769_ee1ec94c29.jpg

04livi.600.jpg

Man that guy is a hater. That last pic looks like where I use to live at, around Sheeps head bay in Brooklyn, NY. Manhattan is the #1 city of the world though.

This guy fuckin gets it. NYC is all about the scenes. Which scenes am I referring to? Take your damn pick. Music, food, art, athletics, drugs, technology, its all represented in New York. Hell even the NYC suburbs are like no other place on earth. The only thing NY doesn't control is movies and that's made up for by complete domination of live theater and live performances in general. If you can't see why the city is great, you either missed your scene or you don't have one.
this

LOL, what shit hole do you live at? In the mountains with the rest of the cool hillbillys?
It's also funny how you call them "american hating liberals" when you're the one hating on them LOL. The irony is lost on you aint it?
Hey professor, I said America hating, not American hating. NYC is a cesspool of hipster liberal maggots hellbent on turning us into another Venezuela. You also don't know what irony even means. You're an embarrassment.

Hey professor, I said America hating, not American hating. NYC is a cesspool of hipster liberal maggots hellbent on turning us into another Venezuela. You also don't know what irony even means. You're an embarrassment.

Hey genius you are aware people who live in America are Americans right? So even though I did say American instead of America, you still claimed that New Yorkers are American haters. And yes it is ironic you call people haters when you yourself are hating. Get an education hillbilly.

Also nice touch on your "Uncle Donald is our savior" lol.

Last edited:
people that don't like NYC are the ones that go there and see all the tourist shit and go to bed at 9pm every night.

last time i went out with friends in NYC i didn't get back until 8am and i passed out on a chair in the hotel lobby. i don't even remember how i got into my room. when i finally woke up, i had a massive slice of pizza stuffed inside my pocket and my wallet was duct taped to my leg for some reason (under my pants).

yea, i fuckin love that city.
You can do the party stuff anywhere in the world,, I'm happy you had a great time, NYC is still overrated AF though {<hhh]

It costs $50 an hour just to exist there, and it’s overcrowded with jerks.

But I would probably visit again.

I hate to say it, since I live in San Francisco, but this city really is turning into a shithole. Not one day goes by where I don't see someone either shitting in plain sight, pissing next to a car, yelling at random strangers, or constantly harrassing others for a cigarette or change.
Which is a shame because SF in the 80’s and early 90’s was such an awesome place to visit

Hey genius you are aware people who live in America are Americans right? So even though I did say American instead of America, you still claimed that New Yorkers are American haters. And yes it is ironic you call people haters when you yourself are hating. Get an education hillbilly.

Also nice touch on your "Uncle Donald is our savior" lol.
I didn't use the term "haters". That's filthy gutter talk. Of course liberal NYC maggots hate America. That's why they keep voting for people and policies that undermine the bedrocks of American exceptionalism.

It's a big city, kid. Not all of it looks like what they show in the movies.

Prospect_Heights_Stoops-f8427e.jpg

21LIVING-slide-MYFV-articleLarge.jpg

15558472769_ee1ec94c29.jpg

04livi.600.jpg
people dont seem to realize that Queens and the Bronx are also part of NYC. And there are plenty of homes like this:
184-15-hovenden-road1.jpg

70b45946384c9f1ec703cfbf3ce98636l-m0xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg
mcmansion-jamaica-estates-queens-new-york-EA9E44.jpg

and that's just from the hood that Trump grew up in (which is within walking distance of Citi Field).

You can do the party stuff anywhere in the world,, I'm happy you had a great time, NYC is still overrated AF though {<hhh]

it's legit not. i've been all over the world, and i've never had the amount of amazing food, culture and overall amazing things to do except in NY city. i truly don't know what people want out of the city, maybe if it cures your cancer by eating their pizza or makes your ugly ex-g/f beautiful and crawling back to you, people would suddenly love it.

but hey, not everyone is built to enjoy the thrills, excitement and adventures of NY. some people like to sit in their barn playing blackjack with their cow bessy while they share their dreams of inviting the girl they had a crush on in high school to the ho-down at the piggly wiggly. then one day they muster up the courage to go to NY, and they spend the whole time in their hotel room or maybe going around a couple of blocks. then they return home and blame the city for not showing them a good time.

it's not about doing party stuff in new york. it's about living. i can't do the things in ny anywhere else in the world, including las vegas (now that place is overrated AF). also, i love amazing food and drinks, so if your idea of culinary delight is microwaved chicken nuggets and a coors light (which hey, i enjoy that now and again too) then i suppose NY is also a let down.

i just have a hard time picturing how anyone can hate the city and whine about it if they truly went out and experienced it.

it's legit not. i've been all over the world, and i've never had the amount of amazing food, culture and overall amazing things to do except in NY city. i truly don't know what people want out of the city, maybe if it cures your cancer by eating their pizza or makes your ugly ex-g/f beautiful and crawling back to you, people would suddenly love it.

but hey, not everyone is built to enjoy the thrills, excitement and adventures of NY. some people like to sit in their barn playing blackjack with their cow bessy while they share their dreams of inviting the girl they had a crush on in high school to the ho-down at the piggly wiggly. then one day they muster up the courage to go to NY, and they spend the whole time in their hotel room or maybe going around a couple of blocks. then they return home and blame the city for not showing them a good time.

it's not about doing party stuff in new york. it's about living. i can't do the things in ny anywhere else in the world, including las vegas (now that place is overrated AF). also, i love amazing food and drinks, so if your idea of culinary delight is microwaved chicken nuggets and a coors light (which hey, i enjoy that now and again too) then i suppose NY is also a let down.

i just have a hard time picturing how anyone can hate the city and whine about it if they truly went out and experienced it.
I have been out and experienced it, like I have with many popular cities, I just find it overrated, if you love it, more power to you,

I'm not a fan of overly crowded cities. I doubt I ever will be. I was born in a really rural area though. I would rather vacation somewhere with mountains and lakes than sky scrapers.

If you visit a city and don't get laid - overrated AF apparently.

If you visit a city and get laid = greatest city in the world.

It's 100% dependent on you.

I have gone clubbing till 4 AM and couldn't get laid so went to an after hours club that went until 12 AM the next day. Got laid. Easily. Only the freaks still party until 12 AM the next day.

If a person is really trying to get laid, you can do it pretty well in NYC. Lots of locals as well as tourists partying until the AM hours. I understand if someone is not into that.

But every other US city ends at like 12 midnight - 2 AM. WTF is that BS?

Ny has the best food, ladies,clubs, attractions in the world.. Unlike most who are just talking and havent been to the city, I have lived all over and this is true.. I think because its popular, poor people who cant afford to visit it get all hipster and try to pretend its not great.. jealousy is a horrible thing... imagine living in LA and never traveling anywhere else and thinking its a great city... If you could afford to go just two hours away u would find a better city... NY isnt like that, its GOAT

One thing to add to this is that it's not just restaurants. There's ethnic groceries in NYC that sell ingredients you can't find anywhere else in the US, so there's even some exclusivity to the home cooking.

Apparently it's a little less great now.

@HHJ

Back