UPDATE: St. Louis DA to charge couple. Old white couple point guns at protesters

I really find it interesting how the left/liberals/progressives on here cite this specific instance as a problem or some kind of cause of concern. The people who were armed didn't fire a single bullet...isn't that EXACTLY what they were supposed to do? I'm noticing a TON of videos where "white people brandish weapon" and the comment section goes crazy, but nobody is shooting anyone. This is, of course, the polar opposite of what's happening in the liberal sanctuaries of CHOP and other Democrat controlled cities right now.

Quick question for you and @genecop.

How would the police respond if someone was waving a weapon around in front of them? Why are the police allowed to assume their life is in danger in such situations, and yet regular citizens aren't afforded the same precaution?

If I performed the same exact actions this couple demonstrated, except in front of a cop, I would be shot dead and every court in the country would call it justified. So why are only police officers allowed to feel threatened by the mere presence of a civilian with an unsecured firearm?

That looks like whingeing to me , it's hysterical nonsense at best.

So Liberals aren't about draconian gun laws, and aren't supporting the riots, which they claim are "peaceful protests"?

Nothing but fact in my post. Quit whining.

I can make a reasonable argument for why the police didn't respond; they thought it was better that way.

Thankfully no-one got hurt. If i was on that jury, i'd let that couple off with a stern warning; i can accept they were shitting themselves and were temporarily insane, the woman looked like she had had a few drinks aswell.

Personally, if i was armed in that situation i would have barricaded (locked all doors) myself and my family upstairs and armed. I would fancy my chances but would not relish being put in that situation. I don't think what that large group of people did was either "right" or a "capital offence". Again, thank god no-one got hurt.

This Covid situation is really shitty; but it will get better eventually.
Like. Well said. Too many fools think this is just a group out on a lark. Bad things could have happened, and we're lucky they didn't. Mobs are a dangerous thing

These people were trespassing in that gated community. They even destroyed the gate. With all the looting and rioting that happened lately, I do not blame the couple for being defensive and protective of their home. Btw, one of the protesters also had guns and flashed it towards the old couple.

Can you even "trespass" in a gated community? The sidewalks and streets are still public property, even if the HOA got permits to put up a gate.

Like. Well said. Too many fools think this is just a group out on a lark. Bad things could have happened, and we're lucky they didn't. Mobs are a dangerous thing

I just want to add as well, I would be cautious because it only takes one mentalist to spoil it for everyone, but my argument is also, don't be that mentalist. I could observe from upstairs as they go pass in a friendly manner (if they wave i wave kind of thing); if it starts getting nasty i would retreat to the safest spot and hope and pray no one is stupid enough to break into my house. That is all, i would give zero fucks about that gate, my family is my priority.

Can you even "trespass" in a gated community? The sidewalks and streets are still public property, even if the HOA got permits to put up a gate.
If it’s privately owned you definitely can be charged with trespassing if the owner, or agent of the owner wants to sign complaints. Obviously this differs from state to state.

I see them walking through an open gate and up the street and sidewalk. Is the gate being broken captured on video?

It's private property and they got in there somehow.
new-jersey-2nd-amendment-3.jpg

5efa1fb92abf9.image.jpg

It's not like they just walked by somebody's house on seventh street downtown. They also eventually wrecked the gate...
Broken-gate-2.jpg

No matter what way you look at it they're trespassing.

Being a HOA has no bearing on whether the roads and utilities are city owned and maintained. It can be either.

If it’s privately owned you definitely can be charged with trespassing if the owner, or agent of the owner wants to sign complaints. Obviously this differs from state to state.

I mean, sure, if the whole neighborhood is privately owned. That probably isn't the case.

This. It was a mob and they had already knocked down a gate. You can't expect people to just be ok with that and let their property be destroyed.

would much rather buy more property than put any of my family at risk

Being a HOA has no bearing on whether the roads and utilities are city owned and maintained. It can be either.

I understand that. My point was that "gated community" does not necessarily mean "privately owned/maintained".

I see someone posted pictures saying "private street", so I guess it wasn't public property.

They're chanting, "Whose streets? Our streets!" as they trespass and intrude on someone's private property. It's not your streets, lol.

"Please don't die over the neighborhood...that your momma rent in." - Jay-Z

I mean, sure, if the whole neighborhood is privately owned. That probably isn't the case.
It’s definitely a huge gray area of law that I’d rather stay out of that’s for sure. I would think they’d need to own all of the property as well.

They should make a movie about this incident;

The movie should end as they walk out their front door;

I would really like to see the last 10 minutes before they left their house;

It could win an Oscar;

Who plays her and who plays him and what is the name of the movie and who is the Director.

It could win an Oscar;

Who plays her and who plays him and what is the name of the movie and who is the Director.
George Clooney and Gweneth Paltrow star and its directed by Quentin Tarantino.

would much rather buy more property than put any of my family at risk
But your family is in the house. Was there a reasonable option to flee? There might not have been a way that wasn't through the mob.
Yes you can rebuilt or buy, but it's not a video game. There aren't clear options laid out and sometimes there are no options

It could win an Oscar;

Movie title: Enemy at the Gated Community - A Pink and Black Story

But your family is in the house. Was there a reasonable option to flee? There might not have been a way that wasn't through the mob.
Yes you can rebuilt or buy, but it's not a video game. There aren't clear options laid out and sometimes there are no options

Okay dude but admit, that was a spectacularly bad option they took. If i were on the jury, i would acquit, they were clearly having a bad day; hence why i want to see the movie of this event in about 5 years.

Back