[Update - Pardoned] Trump considering pardoning Sheriff Arpaio...

ShoelessRye

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Trump 'seriously considering' a pardon for ex-Sheriff Joe Arpaio

President Trump may soon issue a pardon for Joe Arpaio, the colorful former Arizona sheriff who was found guilty two weeks ago of criminal contempt for defying a state judge’s order to stop traffic patrols targeting suspected undocumented immigrants. In his final years as Maricopa County sheriff, Arpaio had emerged as a leading opponent of illegal immigration.

“I am seriously considering a pardon for Sheriff Arpaio,” the president said Sunday, during a conversation with Fox News at his club in Bedminster, N.J. “He has done a lot in the fight against illegal immigration. He’s a great American patriot and I hate to see what has happened to him.”

Trump said the pardon could happen in the next few days, should he decide to do so.

Arpaio, 85, was convicted by U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton of misdemeanor contempt of court for willfully disregarding an Arizona judge’s order in 2011 to stop the anti-immigrant traffic patrols. Arpaio had maintained the law enforcement patrols for 17 months thereafter.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...onsidering-pardon-for-sheriff-joe-arpaio.html

Given he's unlikely to do any jail time given his age and it being his first offense - the question is why? Shore up the base? Show the Russian co-targets that he will pardon mid-term?

I live in Az and Joe Arpio and his men did a lot of unlawful stops. They would profile minorities that looked to be illegal by making up that they broke a law just so they could ask them their legal status.

I know a couple people who sued the state because they were actual Americans being unlawfully searched and stopped lol.

I am glad that he was finally charged.

Last edited:
If he was convicted and sentenced by a state judge, Trump does not have the power to pardon him under the Constitution.f

Ed:
Looks like it was a federal judge for ignoring a state court.

Last edited:

President Trump may soon issue a pardon for Joe Arpaio, the colorful former Arizona sheriff who was found guilty two weeks ago of criminal contempt for defying a state judge’s order to stop traffic patrols targeting suspected undocumented immigrants. In his final years as Maricopa County sheriff, Arpaio had emerged as a leading opponent of illegal immigration.

“I am seriously considering a pardon for Sheriff Arpaio,” the president said Sunday, during a conversation with Fox News at his club in Bedminster, N.J. “He has done a lot in the fight against illegal immigration. He’s a great American patriot and I hate to see what has happened to him.”

Trump said the pardon could happen in the next few days, should he decide to do so.

Arpaio, 85, was convicted by U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton of misdemeanor contempt of court for willfully disregarding an Arizona judge’s order in 2011 to stop the anti-immigrant traffic patrols. Arpaio had maintained the law enforcement patrols for 17 months thereafter.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...onsidering-pardon-for-sheriff-joe-arpaio.html

Given he's unlikely to do any jail time given his age and it being his first offense - the question is why? Shore up the base? Show the Russian co-targets that he will pardon mid-term?
@Tachy because I know this will hit home.

This is the kind of President Donald Trump is.

@Tachy because I know this will hit home.

This is the kind of President Donald Trump is.

Trump BTFO for real this time

tenor.gif

I live in Az and Joe Arpio and his men did a lot of unlawful stops. They would profile minorities that looked to be illegal by making up that they broke a law just so they could ask them their legal status.

I know a couple people who sued the state because they were actual Americans being unlawfully searched and stopped lol.

I am glad that he was finally charged.

Assuming this is truthful I agree. This shouldn't happen. I don't even support drunk driving check points. It's just an excuse to fuck you on some unrelated charge.

Fuck both of them with a large Brown dick covered in habaneros

Break the law, defy judges orders.... as long as it's against minorities you get off scot free from the President

And we wonder why we have nazi groups running over people.

Trump supporters, you are the cause for all the fucked up problems happening right now. You elected someone who validated the beliefs of fucking nazis. Even if you despise these groups and don't believe in what they stand for, you're still responsible for their rise.

Seriously fuck these assholes. I went to buy a car in kingman Arizona and got pulled over for no reason and got searched like if I was a criminal. The gentleman i bought the car from was awesome and honest dude, so I know not all Arizona are filled whit racist scum

Unbelievable. This madman is a tyrant. When will enough finally be enough?

One guy who thought he was above the law, getting pardoned by a guy who has no concept of the law. Not sure why I find it so funny.
Dog Whistle Trump doing what he does best, winding up his dwindling base.

"I hate to see what is happening to him." = "I hate to see him suffer consequences for breaking the law."

As an AZ resident, fuck sheriff joe. And fuck Trump for even considering this.

Back