Update on Mark Hunt's lawsuit against UFC

Mate are you sure they came back negative?
The results that they had were negative. Yes.

I don't think it was actually that simple.

I'm a bit hazy on the details as its been a while but I do remember there was a backstory relating to Brock coming to UFC200 & getting that exemption. Some of the old dogs here might be able to corroborate

What makes you so certain that the UFC didn't have something going on with Lesnar beforehand?

They were looking to get brock back. But not for 200. Until conor dropped out. They then needed a giant name for their marquee event. It lines up with when they first told hunt to be ready (after conor dropped out).

7fjYhTu-nRGCCnDESc1TmOpSUMZoDwZmxnxudBJz8Os.jpg

whdq82kzvmm11.jpg

He can claim that outright refusing to fight would have resulted in his censure by the UFC with direct negative consequences due to a established precedent of similar behaviour by the UFC that they themselves admitted was their standard operating procedure. Therefore he had no choice, professionally, but to accept the fight regardless of the circumstances. He can point directly to the other case where the UFC's internal documents were released basicly backing up this claim.

I'm not saying it would succeed but it's there.

That seems like the only thing he could say. Literally accusing Brock of steroids on the Helwani show and saying it's okay he'll fight him anyway is bad.

If he didn't say anything and fought and used that argument on top of the others, he'd be running to the bank.

Yes. This is a combat sport where the use of peds by one party and not the other give as dangerous advantage. Dangerous meaning he could be hurt or killed because some idiot was allowed to take peds unimpeded. Are you fucking numb or just pretending to be?

what part of "PEDs have been in EVERY SPORT INCLUDING COMBAT SPORTS SINCE THEY'VE BEEN PROFESSIONAL" do you not understand? do you know how many boxers have been busted for PEDs? countless. have you seen K-1/Glory? you think they're testing with 40 yr old Badr Hari looking bigger than he ever was in his 20s and 30s.

if anyone is pretending it's you. pretending like this shit is brand new and hasn't been going on since before you were even a sperm in your father's nutsack.

That seems like the only thing he could say. Literally accusing Brock of steroids on the Helwani show and saying it's okay he'll fight him anyway is bad.

If he didn't say anything and fought and used that argument on top of the others, he'd be running to the bank.
It really shouldn't matter. Using PEDs can result in life changing injury in the opponent and loss of millions of dollars in income for a top athlete. Can mean the difference between being rich or being destitute much later in life.

I don't see how it's any different from walking into the cage with tape that hardens when you sweat.

I would even argue that it's worse. Taking certain types of PEDs allows a fighter to train in a way their opponent can't prep for or match long before they ever enter the cage. You end up with complete brutal mismatches that probably wouldn't have been otherwise.

Judges just don't see it that way or perhaps they haven't heard any persuasive arguments because most of the people who understand this best are the ones making bank juicing fighters.

denzel-washington-boom.gif

Unless Dana promised Hunt that Lesnar was drug free/100% clean this entire thing is nonsense.

I think this lawyer suggested that Hunt assumed the tests would be on a regular basis.
The fact that 5/8 tests were in the first 2 weeks means that there were large gaps between tests in the lead up.
It states if Hunt knew this maybe he would have dropped out.
I personally don't think Hunt would have dropped out regarding any drug test conditions, I also don't think he would have cared about all of this if he had won.
I don't think Dana was involved in a conspiracy but it is weird that he was tested so much in the first 2 weeks.

The major problems with him trying to claim that the fight cost him money is that he got paid way more money for that fight than usual because it was against Brock. Not to mention, Hunt was nowhere near important enough that he could refuse to fight someone and the UFC wouldn't have been likely to release him.

"If I knew he was taking PEDs, I wouldn't have fought him", not only is that bs because the payday was way bigger than normal, but Brock wouldn't have been allowed to fight had anyone known.

Even if there was a chance Dana or the UFC had any suspicions on the topic, Brock is way too smart to actually have said anything. Plausible deniability is a real thing here, because the actual reality is that Hunt would have just as much of a chance of knowing the truth as Dana or the UFC.

I think this lawyer suggested that Hunt assumed the tests would be on a regular basis.
The fact that 5/8 tests were in the first 2 weeks means that there were large gaps between tests in the lead up.
It states if Hunt knew this maybe he would have dropped out.
I personally don't think Hunt would have dropped out regarding any drug test conditions, I also don't think he would have cared about all of this if he had won.
I don't think Dana was involved in a conspiracy but it is weird that he was tested so much in the first 2 weeks.

There is an interview from before the fight where Mark Hunt literally says Brock is probably on steroids. And yes I agree that if he had won he wouldn't have cared. It's also worth pointing out that Hunt competed for years against guys that were almost certainly roided to the gills in organizations where there was no drug testing. In fact PrideFC specifically stated in their contract that they test you for recreational drugs but DO NOT test for performance enhancing ones. It's only now that the UFC has some significant level of testing that it's become an issue.

Mark is a bit nutty but he's not stupid. He knew what he was getting into, and this strikes me as a late career money grab.

If they really knew his results but had the power to hide them until after...why wouldn't they just continue hiding them

He can claim that outright refusing to fight would have resulted in his censure by the UFC with direct negative consequences due to a established precedent of similar behaviour by the UFC that they themselves admitted was their standard operating procedure. Therefore he had no choice, professionally, but to accept the fight regardless of the circumstances. He can point directly to the other case where the UFC's internal documents were released basicly backing up this claim.

I'm not saying it would succeed but it's there.

Excellent thoughts, counselor.

If they really knew his results but had the power to hide them until after...why wouldn't they just continue hiding them

Someone slipped up, and someone outside of the trust circle of conspiracy found out, maybe.

Someone slipped up, and someone outside of the trust circle of conspiracy found out, maybe.
I'm not saying there's nothing fishy, but I doubt Hunt has a chance in hell of winning anything. He's not level enough to make any sense when he talks about it

Huge victory for Mark Hunt's lawyers. They will now get even more money from the chump before they lose in court again. If Hunt has any cash left at this point, then he really was overpaid by Dana.

Back