*Update* Michael Katsidis says fight is ON!

McMurder

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Here's a letter written by the man himself regarding the situation.

By Michael Katsidis

I have lost my closest friend, my inspiration in life, my one and only brother. This is something I could never imagine, but for some reason I feel his life is not a loss. My brother is me! We live our lives through each other. We dedicate our triumphs to one another and share the challenges we face in life. What does someone do when they lose the one person in their life like this? They are devastated right? Allow me to share with you Stathi's thoughts and what he wants. If you can believe me, I feel you will all be somewhat enlightened to hear what I have say.

The fight will go on! I will do this for Stathi, my family and myself. The moment I walked in for a grueling sparing session after hearing the news of his death earlier that day, my trainer Brendon Smith shook my hand and said to me "you are about to take the bravest step of your life." We nodded, smiled and went to work. I worked as I have never done before. He is with me and will be all the way. I am happy about this.

I have never experienced anything like I felt that day. Stathi is inside me! We will fight this fight together. I know this is what he wants.

I would like to thank everyone for their well wishes and prayers for my brother, my family and myself. God bless.

Michael Katsidis Speaks: The Marquez Fight Will Go On! - Boxing News

Best of luck to Michael.

whilst Katsidis is limited he has great heart and if he has his head in the right place I could see an upset here. Marquez is slick though. It would be Michael's greatest performance if he could pull this one off.

Back