Media UPDATE: Chris Weidman can now walk on crutches, 3 weeks after his leg break

Not only are you not a doc, you haven't had the unfortuanate experience of getting fucked up enough to need a doc for a joint/bone injury. The stuff he is doing is guaranteed recommended by his doctor.
I am not always sure I agree with the advice his docs give him. He has a disc replacement on top of a fusion. I wouldn't support anyone fighting or playing football ever again with that construct. 2 level fusions in the neck are automatic disqualifiers for the military and the NFL. The forces one receives in their neck after getting kneed in the head (see his MSG fight) have to be pushing both constructs to the limit, with failure being permanent nerve damage or possible paralysis. Just because a doctor "allows" something to a famous athlete, doesn't always mean it is safe. Weidman is also an adult male. He may be ignoring his surgeon's advice. Happens allllll the time. I had a patient powerlifting 8 weeks after a disc replacement. Definitely not what I prescribed...

I still think he should focus on recovering for a normal lifestyle rather than continue down a path he must know won’t end well.

Must know? He shattered his leg on literally the 1st strike thrown. Let's not pretend he was down 30-23 and broke his leg at 14:59 in the 3rd and he was clearly done regardless of the injury or not. Truth is we have no idea if he was going to look against Hall as we got robbed of it by a pretty freak accident. Smith sure thought he was going to look amazing based off how their camps went, and Smith turned away a great prospect in Crute that night. Who knows if Weidman wouldn't have KO'd Hall 30 seconds later like he did their first fight?

I have no idea what he was going to be like pre-injury, so I'm not going to pretend he can't come back to that (or better or worse either).

Whether you like him or hate him, it's amazing to see him working his way back from that injury. Takes a lot of strength and determination, wish him the best in recovery.

He'd just tell him to take a bunch of PEDs, but Chris isn't about that life

LOL you've got to be kidding. The guy's career imploded once the USADA boys arrived in town.

Screenshot-2021-05-14-at-00-08-46.png

Screenshot-2021-05-14-at-00-06-49.png

I agree I'll never understand why these fighters push so long/hard it seems like it'd be very easy for a guy like Chris to transition to running a gym/coaching.
For the same reason when people get old they have a hard time accepting they're not self sufficient anymore. It's called being human. No one likes to accept they can't do what they once could. It's a disturbing truth to accept and get past. Chris loves to compete and train very clearly. He dosen't want to be forced to let that go. Because once you do, you never get it back.

LOL you've got to be kidding. The guy's career imploded once the USADA boys arrived in town.

Screenshot-2021-05-14-at-00-08-46.png

Screenshot-2021-05-14-at-00-06-49.png
His body just broke on him from getting really fucked up by Rockhold, then he was beating Yoel until he got brutally KO'd, etc.

Rockhold started falling off around the same time, I just think it's a coincidence, it's possible they were PED guys, neither of us knows for sure, but their bodies never really changed significantly, and I don't think either is/was an obvious PED cheat

Telling you guys he’s gonna make it earlier than expected. He’s not leaving the sport, not without fighting at least one more time.

It's his mission now and I fully support him. He has to disappoint his fans just one last time so he can be at peace. I'll be watching his recovery closely and can't wait to see him fight again

We're trying to force my Nana to not drive anymore because she's too old, she don't wanna give that shit up, understandably so even though logically from the outside she needs to

Does she understand that she's putting other people's lives at risk including children?

His body just broke on him from getting really fucked up by Rockhold, then he was beating Yoel until he got brutally KO'd, etc.

Rockhold started falling off around the same time, I just think it's a coincidence, it's possible they were PED guys, neither of us knows for sure, but their bodies never really changed significantly, and I don't think either is/was an obvious PED cheat

I don't know for sure, that's true, but it's just a funny coincidence that a couple of these guys with fantastic records had their wheels come off right when USADA testing went into full swing in October 2015. Hendricks was the other one.

I don't know for sure, that's true, but it's just a funny coincidence that a couple of these guys with fantastic records had their wheels come off right when USADA testing went into full swing in October 2015. Hendricks was the other one.
Hendricks seemed like a USADA cheat to me for various reasons

Weidman, and Rockhold just don't, but idk it's speculation

Weidman talked loads of shit about Vitor cheating, but I guess that wouldn't be the first athlete to talk shit while also cheating lol

Weidman walking on crutches now

I still think he should focus on recovering for a normal lifestyle rather than continue down a path he must know won’t end well.

That's one of the biggest problems with this. The drive and stubborn determination that gets them to the top are the same things that "poison" their minds to keep on going far too long past their expiration date in the sport.

It's metal rods in his leg that are helping him walk like that. No way his bones will heal that quickly. Or am I wrong?

Back