Media UPDATE: Chris Weidman can now walk on crutches, 3 weeks after his leg break

I think he needs to retire that was such a bad injury and even without the injury he was losing a lot

Silva v Weidman 3 if he ever comes back is the fight

Yes, as a fan, I agree with a lot in this thread that he should retire and enjoy his family

But... if he WAS to somehow come back... and then somehow win the belt and THEN retire. I think it would unquestionably be the greatest comeback in MMA history. Not that it is likely at this point, but just saying...

Champion-level willpower. Hard to comprehend.

upload_2021-5-13_7-35-59.jpeg
Seriously though hope he gets better and retires.

I’d still be on the ground crying, tough dude

He’s definitely going to come back. He really shouldn’t, but he will.

Unnecessary. Just stay in bed for a six weeks or whatever and watch netflix then start your rehab. This isn't doing anything.

So apparently, my mom saw a clip of Weidman's injury on the news and she called me a couple of days later and asked if I saw the fight. She's been asking me about his recovery. Now I can tell her he's walking, kind of. That has to feel good for Chris. Good to see.

So apparently, my mom saw a clip of Weidman's injury on the news and she called me a couple of days later and asked if I saw the fight. She's been asking me about his recovery. Now I can tell her he's walking, kind of. That has to feel good for Chris. Good to see.

Great to hear that, Jack.

Anderson lost every fight since he broke his leg (and certain other things came to pass), Chris would be better off doing things his own way.

And Weidman lost every fight up untill he broke his leg.

Things aren't gonna get better with a bum leg now on top of everything else in his body that's wrecked.

Telling you guys he’s gonna make it earlier than expected. He’s not leaving the sport, not without fighting at least one more time.
The writing has been on the wall for him for some time now, but he's refusing to read it. That damn warriors spirit always gets in the way of guys who have been doing it so long. In all honesty though, he needs to hang it up before something worse than a leg break happens to him.

when my ulna and radius was broken in half and I got 2 plates and 11 screws put in I was bench pressing 150 for a shit ton of reps than less than a month later

looking back it was stupid AF. unbelievably stupid. but not lifting was driving me crazy.

Way to go Chris
Get better and go back to the octagon please, its time for that run for the belt

Via IG stories:

--------​

Keep fighting, Chris Weidman!

"And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down, gonna stand my ground. And I won't back down."

Damn what a bad ass, great work for Weidman -- thanks for sharing, TS

Reactions: Gio
So glad for him that his foot his reacting. Many blessings to him and his leg.

I hope he makes a full recovery. That break was fucking crazy.

And Weidman lost every fight up untill he broke his leg.

Things aren't gonna get better with a bum leg now on top of everything else in his body that's wrecked.

it’s going to make for a great ko though.

giphy.gif

Good for the Chris!
Godspeed!

Back