Rumored *UPDATE* Brandon Moreno vs Alexandre Pantoja targeted for December (Rumor NOT true)

The only time I can think of where it probably happened (without checking the stats) would be Tito Vs Chuck III, but that's a very different case for obvious reasons.
Yes - I dont even consider that " Chuck Liddell ".... and Tito, rightfully, came in as a decent sized favorite.

Off the top of my head- Rory/ Lima.
A mirror image of this - obviously not but we did see how Lima evolved over the meetings.
Actually my bad ( dont think it was 3x)

Sounds good to me. Should be a great fight. If Garbrandt wins his FLW debut impressively, maybe slot him in against the winner of these 2 after to keep the string of great flyweight title fights going.
Askar Askarov should be at least fighting for the #1 contender spot if not for the title.

Pantoja deserves his title shot.
Seems like we’re heading for a Usman vs Colby, Amanda vs Pena and Moreno vs Pantoja.

They should call it what it is which is Moreno Vs Pantoja III. It'll be interesting to see if Pantoja just has his number, I suspect that he does.

Brandon has improved alot since then. That’s really his best quality, constant improvement. I remember seeing moreno fight years ago and not being impressed. But guy has evolved leaps and bounds.

Even Pantoja himself admitted that Moreno kept improving

Reactions: Gio
Wanted this one over Askar.
tenor.gif

Moreno but I wouldnt be surprised either way. Something snapped in that Askar fight. Morenos been looking like a different beast ever since.

Via Cageside Press

UFC fighter and Moreno's cornerman, Marcelo Rojo stated in a recent interview that Brandon Moreno is likely to fight Alexandre Pantoja in December.

He mentioned it around the 15:00 mark.

Again, just a rumor for now. Nothing's signed, agreed, and confirmed.

*PS. Marcelo Rojo is fighting this weekend at UFC Fight Night, Sept. 4 against Jonathan Martinez

-----​

Your thoughts on Moreno vs Pantoja II on December? Imagine if it ends up in a PPV?

The year end card could possibly have:

Poirier vs Oliveira
Moreno vs Pantoja II
Nunes vs Pena
Nate vs Luque

<{JustBleed}>

And with a sold out crowd, it's gonna be on fire!

Will watch.

Such a meaningless fight. Uncle Dana is scared that his mexican golden boy got defeated if they matched Askarov again smh

I think Pantoja is a tougher fight than Askarov. Let's face it, Moreno should have a win over Askarov right now.

I would have given the shot to Askarov(whose fought both these guys without an L) but intrigued by either matchup.

But Askarov literally beat Pantoja last year....

Pantoja doesn't deserve this fight all because he beat Moreno several years back.
Why don't we just have Lewis jump the line and fight Ngannou as well for the HW title ?

I think Pantoja is a tougher fight than Askarov. Let's face it, Moreno should have a win over Askarov right now.

No he shouldn't. That fight could've easily gone to either fighter. Hence why it was a draw.
Moreno was a much better fighter after the Pantoja fight as well. Askarov already beat Pantoja and the version of Moreno that drew Askarov also beats Pantoja.

Moreno has improved vastly since their last fight. If he can keep it standing for the first 8 minutes Pantoja will gas himself out.

No he shouldn't. That fight could've easily gone to either fighter. Hence why it was a draw.
Moreno was a much better fighter after the Pantoja fight as well. Askarov already beat Pantoja and the version of Moreno that drew Askarov also beats Pantoja.

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/10450/fight

12 of 13 media outlets for Moreno with several 30-27s. Fan vote (210 submissions) has 88% giving it to Moreno. I'd say that's far from could've gone either way.

Pantoja is such an underrated fighter. I'm glad he's getting his opportunity. These guys were close on their season of the Ultimate Fighter and though I know Pantoja talked a little bit of smack his last fight, I think it was for hype and to lock up a title shot. You do what you got to do.

The elephant in the room is if Moreno has improved enough to overcome Pantoja this time around. I think he has. His size, speed and toughness are all things that will carry him in this fight. Pantoja would be smart to tie him up, try to slow him down, work his grappling to wear on him and find openings for his underrated striking. Moreno would be wise to keep this standing, work at a frenetic pace and push Pantoja's cardio.

Great fight, honestly.

Askar Askarov should be at least fighting for the #1 contender spot if not for the title.

You're not wrong. The fight they made has built in intrigue. It makes sense. Both of them do, really.

I still can't believe Figgy lost the belt to this guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawn_bogart
Back