Rumored *UPDATE* Brandon Moreno vs Alexandre Pantoja targeted for December (Rumor NOT true)

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
EDIT: Rumor not true. Moreno vs Figueredo 3 is now set for the PPV card on December, per ESPN MMA.

-----​

Previous/Old post:

Via Cageside Press

UFC fighter and Moreno's cornerman, Marcelo Rojo stated in a recent interview that Brandon Moreno is likely to fight Alexandre Pantoja in December.

He mentioned it around the 15:00 mark.

Again, just a rumor for now. Nothing's signed, agreed, and confirmed.

*PS. Marcelo Rojo is fighting this weekend at UFC Fight Night, Sept. 4 against Jonathan Martinez

-----​

Your thoughts on Moreno vs Pantoja II on December? Imagine if it ends up in a PPV?

The year end card could possibly have:

Poirier vs Oliveira
Moreno vs Pantoja II
Nunes vs Pena
Nate vs Luque

<{JustBleed}>

And with a sold out crowd, it's gonna be on fire!

Last edited:
Pantoja fighting a different animal this time around ..... and sure he knows it.

Unlike last fight, he comes in as the betting underdog.

Sounds good to me. Should be a great fight. If Garbrandt wins his FLW debut impressively, maybe slot him in against the winner of these 2 after to keep the string of great flyweight title fights going.

Reactions: Gio
They should call it what it is which is Moreno Vs Pantoja III. It'll be interesting to see if Pantoja just has his number, I suspect that he does.
??
You still never learn. Thst was then- this is now .
Pantoja legit but I see him falling this time.

The Cannibal vs The Assassin Baby. I'm on!
It will be the real show off for Moreno to prove how much he improved since their last fight.

Agree, would be very interesting to see. Let Figgy and Askarov fight for the next shot.

And just FYI that I like to add is that these two have also fought on TUF where Pantoja choked out Moreno in the first round of the tournament. Pantoja was the #1 pick in that season, and Moreno was the last (#16)

??

Some fighters just have a style nemesis. Pantoja's BJJ seems to be perfectly balanced to work against Moreno's scrambly BJJ style, the way he sticks to people's backs is impressive. Even new version Brandon didn't have an easy time against Formiga and Pantoja poses a lot of the same problems Formiga does, but is more of a threat on the feet and more athletic.

I've been a fan of Brandon Moreno longer than most on here, but this is a really difficult match for him.

They should call it what it is which is Moreno Vs Pantoja III. It'll be interesting to see if Pantoja just has his number, I suspect that he does.

Gotcha, I just don't know if they would advertise it as a third fight, with Pantoja already winning the first 2 and one of those was on TUF. But they did advertised Diaz vs Maynard III in a Fight Night main event though Nate's win over Gray was on TUF. Let's see.

Some fighters just have a style nemesis. Pantoja's BJJ seems to be perfectly balanced to work against Moreno's scrambly BJJ style, the way he sticks to people's backs is impressive. Even new version Brandon didn't have an easy time against Formiga and Pantoja poses a lot of the same problems Formiga does, but is more of a threat on the feet and more athletic.

I've been a fan of Brandon Moreno longer than most on here, but this is a really difficult match for him.
I'm ok with this OPINION of your breakdown. I just didn't like the " seems to have his number".

Pantoja will open plus money so itll be interesting .Pantoja has been solid all the way through since tuf( and pre UFC)where Moreno has evolved , obviously, a great deal.
I think champ gets at least one defense in and offsetting the pantoja mark will be a good one.

I'm ok with this OPINION of your breakdown. I just didn't like the " seems to have his number".

Pantoja will open plus money so itll be interesting .Pantoja has been solid all the way through since tuf( and pre UFC)where Moreno has evolved , obviously, a great deal.
I think champ gets at least one defense in and offsetting the pantoja mark will be a good one.

What's wrong with saying I suspect he has his number? It's not offensive or anything lol. I agree Moreno has evolved, but the areas that Moreno used to be beaten by Pantoja in were areas he was already good in at that point.

What's wrong with saying I suspect he has his number? It's not offensive or anything lol. I agree Moreno has evolved, but the areas that Moreno used to be beaten by Pantoja in were areas he was already good in at that point.
Theres nothing wrong . I just disagree in saying that. I'll be rooting for Pantoja - this has been a long LONG road for him.
I just see a completely different fighter in Moreno. Even his age, experience and physical growth will be big factor( as in compared to last time they fought).

I'm not saying Brandon will be a decent sized favorite- nothing like that - but he'll be favored which has to say something ( especially with the history).

Hopefully, itll be a great scrap. I was shocked as hell how he beat Deiveson.

Theres nothing wrong . I just disagree in saying that. I'll be rooting for Pantoja - this has been a long LONG road for him.
I just see a completely different fighter in Moreno. Even his age, experience and physical growth will be big factor.

I'm not saying Brandon will be a decent sized favorite- nothing like that - but he'll be favored which has to say something ( especially with the history).

Hopefully, itll be a great scrap. I was shocked as hell how he beat Deiveson.

Brandon is amazing, I'm just not sure he has the answer for Pantoja's level of BJJ mixed in with his other skills over 5 rounds. He might have evolved significantly off his back but I haven't seen the evidence (though in his striking, physicality and pressure I've seen massive improvements). If Pantoja does go in as the underdog I'll be tempted to put a bit on him though.

??
It's not like Pantoja hasn't improved. He beat some great fighters since then too. This is a tricky fight to predict.

Nice. Good fight.

Brandon is amazing, I'm just not sure he has the answer for Pantoja's level of BJJ mixed in with his other skills over 5 rounds. He might have evolved significantly off his back but I haven't seen the evidence (though in his striking, physicality and pressure I've seen massive improvements). If Pantoja does go in as the underdog I'll be tempted to put a bit on him though.
I'll tell you what - if pantoja does come in as the betting favorite ( dont think he will ) then I might just flip and side with pantoja. Then ....then I have to backtrack and realize much Joe B had fallen in his first fight ( a fight I called and said they had wrong guy favored) vs Figgy . Then I'd have to ask myself - maybe Deiveson wasnt that great to begin with and timing was on his side.

I dont believe much of that ( sure , a bit of it true ). I'm big on numbers IN CERTAIN FIGHTS.
I'd like to see a stat where fighters fight a third time ( I know first was tuf - still) and the fighter who won first 2 and came in as the underdog in the third.

I'll tell you what - if pantoja does come in as the betting favorite ( dont think he will ) then I might just flip and side with pantoja. Then ....then I have to backtrack and realize much Joe B had fallen in his first fight ( a fight I called and said they had wrong guy favored) vs Figgy . Then I'd have to ask myself - maybe Deiveson wasnt that great to begin with and timing was on his side.

I dont believe much of that ( sure , a bit of it true ). I'm big on numbers IN CERTAIN FIGHTS.
I'd like to see a stat where fighters fight a third time ( I know first was tuf - still) and the fighter who won first 2 and came in as the underdog in the third.

The only time I can think of where it probably happened (without checking the stats) would be Tito Vs Chuck III, but that's a very different case for obvious reasons.

It's not like Pantoja hasn't improved. He beat some great fighters since then too. This is a tricky fight to predict.
I think we're seeing the same pantoja - pretty much- which is pretty good. In this division, itd be fairly easy for a guy like pantoja stay ahead of the mma curve......even remain complacent at that.
He was an established fighter before tuf.

I just think pantoja now fighting guy who is still not at his ceiling and is champ. How old was Brandon before tuf ?

Back