Economy (Update)Bernie Sanders Staff Demand $15 Minimum Wage, Some Quit Over Low Wages

Norway has the third-highest per capita income in the world, maintains universal health care and a comprehensive social security system. It has one of the world's lowest crime rates and the world's largest sovereign wealth fund, with a value of over US $1 trillion. It has held the highest Human Development Index ranking in the world since 2009 and currently ranks first on the Gini Equality Index, OECD Better Life Index, Index of Public Integrity, and Democracy Index.[19][20][21][22][23][24][25]

That would be the immense natural resources juxtaposed with a very small and largely homogeneous population, but... and I can't really speak for the others out of unfamiliarity (@Son of Jamin & @Prutfis) Norway does have a direct wealth tax and VAT rate of 25%. The government tax revenue as a percentage of GDP is the highest in the world at a whopping 55%, far above OECD average (34.8%) and more than twice that of the United States (27%).
Norway is a small country with a mostly white population. They also have more lenient business laws than the US.

Norway is a small country with a mostly white population. They also have more lenient business laws than the US.

Norway has stronger worker protections. The state also has controlling interest of the country's largest energy corporation (Equinor), largest telecom (Telenor) and largest financial services group (DnBNor) among several other industries.

Are we talking about the places with high taxes on everyone and militaries that barely have matching uniforms? Literally all those countries combined don't come near the US in medical innovation and nobel prizes. I'm not even totally against universal healthcare, but at least admit that it will raise everyone's taxes and the quality of care will take a huge hit.
Looking at every single metric for national healthcare systems, the notion that quality of care will take a huge hit is demonstrably wrong. Rand Paul recently traveled to Canada for hernia surgery. Other wealthy Americans travel to Germany and other countries with universal health care for vital medical care. The notion that these are inferior health care systems is simply incorrect.

Honestly, This shouldn't even be about the $15 an hour.

Technically they were being paid well over $15 per hour in a 40 hour work week.

The problem is the corporate abuse of the "salary" payscale. It allows them to flat rate a mid-tier employee. Then abuse them by pushing them to work 50+ hours a week.

I had a family member that worked as a store stocker (Merchandiser) for a beverage distro company. They kept him at salary instead of hourly, then loaded up his work schedule with 11-12 hour days almost every day. he was making $25K annual. But working averages of 50-55 hours a week.

he was essentially an entry level employee being put on salary, which was designed for professional level positions.

Funny part is right after he moved on, someone blew in the company to the Labor dept, and the company had to pay them hourly. Now the company pays them minimum wage and only works them 8 hours. Sales reps who are still salary, have to finish routes they service if Merchandisers can't.

Looking at every single metric for national healthcare systems, the notion that quality of care will take a huge hit is demonstrably wrong. Rand Paul recently traveled to Canada for hernia surgery. Other wealthy Americans travel to Germany and other countries with universal health care for vital medical care. The notion that these are inferior health care systems is simply incorrect.
Breh, this is about the worst argument you could make. I like you as a poster, so I'm not gonna be dicky here, but if you wanna compare people coming here for operations to people going elsewhere for operations, it's not a close contest. I'll just leave it at that.

Norway has stronger worker protections. The state also has controlling interest of the country's largest energy corporation (Equinor), largest telecom (Telenor) and largest financial services group (DnBNor) among several other industries.
Ok
Business wise they still have more capitalistic freedom than America.

You are full of shit like usual.

Half his workers are probably working 20 hours a week, making 50$ an hour.

These campaign workers were choosing to work 60 hours a week, and now want more money for making that choice.

I can't really be bothered to look into this story, but based on a quick browse I think you're probably on the right side of it.

Assuming this is another misleading MSM story/headline: in my estimation it doesn't take many of these stories to torpedo a candidate. Sanders needs to watch out.

Assuming there is a concerted "dark money" effort from corporate donors and groups like Third Way to undermine the Sanders candidacy, I think it's going to take focused and disciplined effort from supporters like you to turn the tide. Sanders can win this, but he and his supporters must play their hand calmly and intelligently.

Breh, this is about the worst argument you could make. I like you as a poster, so I'm not gonna be dicky here, but if you wanna compare people coming here for operations to people going elsewhere for operations, it's not a close contest. I'll just leave it at that.
Dude, that was just an example. You conveniently ignored the part about how every metric shows that these countries have comparable quality of care, often even better. It's not a mere coincidence that we're the only developed nation on Earth that doesn't have a single payer system. Shows how much our system is rigged.

Which is the point here. A national campaign occurs nationally.

No one is there to verify what is being done.

Hence it being a straight salaried job, not dependent on hours worked.
lol you really think there are no managers? It's just Bernie then these poor fucks.

why do you keep saying this. People submit their hours and a manager has to approve it.

Where is this done where no one can verify the hours?

Again, this is a national campaign. If you have two people in the same spot you are wasting resources.

lol you really think there are no managers? It's just Bernie then these poor fucks.

There is a state wide director, and regional directors with plenty to do other than check the time card of field organizers.

Where is this done where no one can verify the hours?

Again, this is a national campaign. If you have two people in the same spot you are wasting resources.

There is a state wide director, and regional directors with plenty to do other than check the time card of field organizers.
So basically because you can't find his entire corporate structure online you choose to believe its directors then people making 36k a year. Would you be this pigheaded if you weren't a Bernie bro? What if this were someone's campaign would you even care?

So basically because you can't find his entire corporate structure online you choose to believe its directors then people making 36k a year. Would you be this pigheaded if you weren't a Bernie bro? What if this were someone's campaign would you even care?

The whole story is non-sense.

They negotiated a contract. These were the terms of that contract.

I guess non-labor folk might not understand the importance of that, but to a union man it is significant.

The whole story is non-sense.

They negotiated a contract. These were the terms of that contract.

I guess non-labor folk might not understand the importance of that, but to a union man it is significant.
The contract is the contract. In any other business, the union workers are stuck with their 2-month old labor contract.

The real story is how Bernie's campaign workers are unionized and how he's is willing to renegotiate the contract so early.

Dude, that was just an example. You conveniently ignored the part about how every metric shows that these countries have comparable quality of care, often even better. It's not a mere coincidence that we're the only developed nation on Earth that doesn't have a single payer system. Shows how much our system is rigged.
What are the metrics you're going by? It isn't cancer survival rates, it isn't medical innovation. The other countries don't all the same system either. Some have their coverage tied to employment, some have tiered systems

Like I said, I'm not entirely opposed to having a universal healthcare system here, but we should at least be honest about how expensive it will be and that quality will suffer and wait times will drastically increase. Most of the candidates raised their hands to say they would ban private insurance, but medicare is already going bankrupt and 80% of recipients require supplemental coverage. We also already have universal coverage for veterans, and the VA is an abysmal failure. The people proposing it need to be realistic instead of as optimistic as possible. They should really be proposing only catastrophic coverage and allowing supplemental private insurance as well for smaller things.

What are the metrics you're going by? It isn't cancer survival rates, it isn't medical innovation. The other countries don't all the same system either. Some have their coverage tied to employment, some have tiered systems

Like I said, I'm not entirely opposed to having a universal healthcare system here, but we should at least be honest about how expensive it will be and that quality will suffer and wait times will drastically increase. Most of the candidates raised their hands to say they would ban private insurance, but medicare is already going bankrupt and 80% of recipients require supplemental coverage. We also already have universal coverage for veterans, and the VA is an abysmal failure. The people proposing it need to be realistic instead of as optimistic as possible. They should really be proposing only catastrophic coverage and allowing supplemental private insurance as well for smaller things.
When I say every metric, I mean every metric. I'm on mobile which makes it harder for me to find and cite stuff than on desktop, but I'll do my best. This link is pretty comprehensive in going over all of the metrics and how we lag behind comparable countries in health care and how it effects mortality rates and deaths and hospitalizations from preventable diseases.

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org...althcare-system-compare-countries/#item-start

This is the most comprehensive study about the cost of Medicare for all and how we will actually save trillions over ten years relative to not changing our health care system at all.

https://www.umass.edu/newsoffice/article/depth-analysis-team-umass-amherst

Always said I would quit when I was 35. Quit for 2 weeks, and then used being fucked with at work as an excuse to start again. Haven't tried again since. Been 3 years. I just got to take the leap again, and not give myself any excuses.

go back to whence you came bernie.

L O fucking L. Perfect...ol comrade bern once again showing off dat first world communist play book: do as I say, not as I do

Hilarious that he also wanted to keep it under wraps....

Last edited:
Back