Updae after switching gyms

Dead Roman

Orange Belt
Reaction score
youmaybe remember me getting "policed" and switching gyms. well heres an update for anyone who cares.

First off I cant believe how much my game has improved. Not only is the instruction during classes top notch, the instruction I get from rolling with all the guys that are better than me is invaluable. Ive gone from getting beat up by pretty much everyone to being able to give most of the bluebelts a hard time(im a white). My defense has improved and my control from all positions has gotten way better. I think wher I have improved the most however, is guard passing. The gy who teaches the class is a purple belt named chad(dont know his last name) he is a big guy but doesnt really play a big guys games. He has taught me armbars from positions I didnt even know were possible. Rolling with Chad is an exercise in joint flexibility. Theree at least 2 blues whom I think are probably close to being purples in skill level. One in particular trains under phil cardella and is an absolout beast. I think switching schools was the best thing for me as I was becoming stagnant at the old school. The new place has totally revived me and I am training alot more. Instead of an hour 2wice a week im now rolling atleast 2-4 hours twice a week.

Thanks to the guys on here who "policed" me and opened my eyes.

Good luck man, stay with it!

Congrats, sounds like you made the right decision. Glad to hear your training is going so well.

How about you post an updated rolling video, see if Sherdog wants to police Chad :p

Congrats, sounds like you made the right decision. Glad to hear your training is going so well.

How about you post an updated rolling video, see if Sherdog wants to police Chad :p

I reckon I will.

Chad is about 5'11 and 300lbs. He is suprisingly flexible for a guy his size.

Back