Upcoming fights with UFC vets thread

This is a great thread, I appreciate you taking the time to make it. Thanks for that.

I'm curious to what custom rules Masvidal's promotion has aside from the obvious no gloves. It's still MMA, right?

Tapology doesn't count these fights on their pro records, but Sherdog does.
Ya it's MMA with no gloves, that's the only difference

Ya it's MMA with no gloves, that's the only difference

Well it should definitely be on their actual pro records then. UFC in the early days was bareknuckle, they obviously count. LOL.

Tapology needs to add these fights to their pro records. Sherdog has it right here.

At this point we should be labelling One and Rizin custom rules bouts which will not go onto your record, because they don't use the unified rules of MMA. LOL.

Bareknuckle MMA is MMA and is a pro fight. Wiki doesn't label them on their records either.

Stupid.

At this point we should be labelling One and Rizin custom rules bouts which will not go onto your record, because they don't use the unified rules of MMA. LOL.

Bareknuckle MMA is MMA and is a pro fight. Wiki doesn't label them on their records either.

Stupid.
What do you mean? The Bareknuckle mma bouts for Charles Bennett, Cliff Wright, Jason Knight, etc are included on their records on wikipedia

What do you mean? The Bareknuckle mma bouts for Charles Bennett, Cliff Wright, Jason Knight, etc are included on their records on wikipedia

That's new, never used to be there lol. Just Tapology then.

Isn't he can be in trouble because of sanctions? I remember someone here posted that Brooks thought that he signed with Khabib's EFC.

I did think the sanctions might be an issue but Daniel James and Chris Honeycutt are still fighting on ACA cards, so it doesn't seem impossible for US fighters.

I did think the sanctions might be an issue but Daniel James and Chris Honeycutt are still fighting on ACA cards, so it doesn't seem impossible for US fighters.
I remember seeing Tony Johnson said that he talked to lawyer and it's something like that -- he is ok because he signed with them before sanctions but if he signs new contract now (after sanctions started to work) - he might be in trouble.
Also, you know that Popov, HW from your thread fought last week? Event is on Youtube.

I remember seeing Tony Johnson said that he talked to lawyer and it's something like that -- he is ok because he signed with them before sanctions but if he signs new contract now (after sanctions started to work) - he might be in trouble.
Also, you know that Popov, HW from your thread fought last week? Event is on Youtube.

I didn't, but I'll check that out, cheers.

Whiteford was winning his fight with tough journeyman Andrew Fisher imo, but then he got poked in the eye so it was a no contest.

Nicholson and Emerson both got first round KO's in their Gamebred FC fights.

Thanks TS. Very interesting. Lots of memories with some of those names.

<JackieThumbsUp>

Rhys McKee looked good in winning his Cage Warriors fight, best I've ever seen him.

Norman Parke lost his boxing fight against Mankowski, I'd like to see those two in MMA tbh.

Rin Nakai is doing some mixed rules bout.

Mike Kyle is randomly fighting for RUF on the 23rd of the month.

I'm curious to what custom rules Masvidal's promotion has aside from the obvious no gloves. It's still MMA, right?

Last show was kind of a slopfest - I wasn't sure if bouts had the same rules but seemed apt.

Few nice scraps tho - Watching Crazy Horse and Ivy was sad...

Rhys McKee looked good in winning his Cage Warriors fight, best I've ever seen him.

Norman Parke lost his boxing fight against Mankowski, I'd like to see those two in MMA tbh.

Rin Nakai is doing some mixed rules bout.

Mike Kyle is randomly fighting for RUF on the 23rd of the month.

Those RUF cards are a mystery and you never know who actually fought on them until weeks later.

Back