Until this day I just don’t understand why?

Because people wanna believe anything is possible... It's Just not true in the real world.

You can clearly see the CTE it caused Conor taking that payday. I think the worst is yet to come actually.

It's Conor fans convincing themselves that Conor stood a chance.

They'll only ever talk about that one uppercut he landed that didn't even wobble Floyd and they've dined off it since.

That's not a knock on Conor, he just was never on the same level as one of the greatest boxers of all time. To think he actually stood a chance against Floyd in boxing was nothing more than the hype train getting a bit silly.

You not understanding Conor fans is the same as them not understanding his chances VS habib or Floyd. That shows you're just like them, unless this is a thinly veiled hate thread, but I'm sure its not, right?

So many people truly believed that Conor would KO Floyd and that’s including my physical therapist and my other sergeant cop friend who were very intelligent people? I mean Conor did great against smaller MMA fighters that’s very true, but he never had any professional boxing record!
Was this an experiment of mass hysteria or hypnosis or just believing the UFC hype machine on a mass level? Can someone please explain why so many had wholeheartedly believed an MMA fighter would actually defeat an undefeated legend boxer in a boxing match?

The overwhelming majority of combat sports fans are casuals. Hardcores like the people on this forum are very small on number by comparison

Casuals don’t do analysis or obsess over technique or records. They like big personalities and exciting fights. And they are convinced that they know more about then they actually do.

I was one of the fudds rooting for McGregor but ultimately I knew he was most likely gonna lose. Mayweather toyed with him and went maybe 50% just to whoop his ass.

It reminded me of watching an amateur fight a pro. Mcgregor is lucky it wasnt Triple G or Canelo.

I mean Conor did pretty well against the best defensive boxer of all time.

The overwhelming majority of combat sports fans are casuals. Hardcores like the people on this forum are very small on number by comparison

Casuals don’t do analysis or obsess over technique or records. They like big personalities and exciting fights. And they are convinced that they know more about then they actually do.
True and very pathetic in this day and age honestly since research is at tip of everyone’s fingers literally

Floyd was down to like a -350 favorite too

I like McGregor more than Mayweather but both are pretty toxic people. I will say Mcgregor put up a better fight than Floyd would have in MMA

Terry Conklin had a better shot of knocking out James Roper. At least Conklin had won a Golden Gloves.

If you genuinely believed McGregor had a prayer, you're retarded.
My Fantasy Football logo was Conor's face shopped onto Terry Conklin with the Playboy girls in my MMA Twitter boys league :D. Team name obvs The Great White Hype. This year Just Bleed Gods, ha

probably two reasons

1 Conor’s wins over Aldo & Eddie were ridiculously impressive boxing-style victories

2 With the exception of Nate1, he had a history of making his predictions come true. He said he would shock the world & to “trust me” about that

some people did

utr1GRG.jpg

Came here for wolf tickets, was not disappointed.

To this day I don't understand why Conor haters are more obsessed with him than his fans.
<Fedor23>

Do the amount of casuals polluting combat sports surprise you?

Have you seen the average intellect of Conor fans? You’d have a more constructive dialogue with a potato than anyone of those idiots.

image.jpg
Potato ?

giphy.gif

Back