1. Monday Downtime - All Evolve Media Sites will be undergoing maintenance Monday March 30. This will occur during a window of 7 PM (Pacific Time) to Tuesday afternoon. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Until Dawn-The $60 Cutscene

Discussion in 'The Arcade' started by deadshot138, Aug 28, 2015.

1. j123

j123 Pro Sherdogger 500-0-1

Seems Heavy Rain-ish

2. AgonyandIrony

AgonyandIrony Gold Belt

I'm sorry but I wildly disagree. I love these kind of games. I adore Telltale and loved them back in the Windows 95 days as a kid.

To me the technology accentuates the genre. Watching a playthrough on Twitch right now. The choices are great and I love the impacts they have, graphics and dialogue are on point with a great cast.

It's campy in the right ways and feels like a genuine slasher with actually good twists and shocks.

It's the best in this genre since Heavy Rain it looks like (excluding Telltale for this)

3. KaNesDeath

KaNesDeath Red Belt

Watched Ducksauce and Lirik play it on Twitch.

Game is overpriced. From what i saw, my biggest complaint with the game is that all the characters werent likable. Graphically the facial expressions during the cut scenes were bad.

4. KidBaize

KidBaize ...

I just like staying directly involved in the story and am not a fan of long cutscenes or mechanics that break immersion.

I'm really curious to see how FO4 handles all the in game dialogue because they claimed at E3 it would be something totally new.

5. The-AxeMurderer

The-AxeMurderer Silver Belt

Yeah that's the vibe I get from it too.

Seems like a mash up of Telltale game series style and Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls.

I think I would like this game, but yeah 60 bucks is expensive and its probably only like 10 hours long.

I will pick it up if it goes down to like 20-30 bucks.

6. Yari

Yari ななせまる

Completed it today. Didn't like a thing they did but other than that it was quite entertaining. Going to sell it now though. I don't think I'll play it again anytime soon. I'll youtube the different endings.

Between this and Life is Strange? Go play Life is Strange. Awesome game.

7. Muggz562

Muggz562 White Belt

I've been streaming the game on my twitch channel and I like it so far, it has some good jumpscares. I would agree as well that it isnt worth the $60 but thats okay because my viewers donated it to me :). I would say though that Life is strange is a lot better.

8. LordDude**

LordDude** White Belt

i beat it this past weekend. finished it with three characters. might play thru the different acts just for trophy hunting

9. TheStruggle

TheStruggle Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I choose to save Ashley, Chris, Jessica, and Matt. The others were too unlikable or generic to bother to save.

The story in the 1st half had alot of great suspense and jumpscares to keep you interested. You really don't know what going on in the 1st half and that's what makes it great because you want to play more to figure out who is the good guy and who is the bad guy. Unfortunately when the big reveal happens and you find out who attacking them, the story completely falls apart.

The 2nd half of the game is basically picking who to kill or save. You can save all of them, a few of them, or kill them all.

The 2nd half of the game really hurts the product and if they had a better story to finish this could have been a 8 or a 9 but because it doesn't this is a 6/10 at best.

10. Cyke_out

Cyke_out Brown Belt

I play games to actually play. Not watch semi interactable movies.

If you enjoy that sort of stuff then that's great, but it's not my thing.

11. FloridaCracker

FloridaCracker Dirty, Stinky, Greasy

I wish you could save the flamethrower dude from getting killed by Gollum.

Roll Cowboys likes this.
  12. TheStruggle

TheStruggle Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I wish you could actually RKO the fuck outta Emily

13. Apocalypse604

Apocalypse604 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

It is what it is....an interactive movie type game where you have to be quick at making the right decisions and pushing the right buttons. Not worth $60...in fact, id wait till you can pick one up for like $30. The story was ok, not great, and there are plenty of better games out there.

If you want a REAL survival horror game....alien isolation is still the best for the next gen consoles.

14. Fatt Hughes

Fatt Hughes Brown Belt

man, you above 2000 followers, congrats man.

15. Higus

Higus Gold Belt

I wouldn't even buy it on discount. It's the perfect game to watch on Twitch, though...

16. FloridaCracker

FloridaCracker Dirty, Stinky, Greasy

I wonder how many people like myself watch these types of games on Twitch instead of actually buying them. There's just not much replay value at all.

Roll Cowboys likes this.
  17. TKing

TKing Brown Belt

It's worth a rental at least, the beginning of the story was well done. Once it
    went from a slasher to a supernatural/ancient burial ground type story it started to lose me, also I gotta admit that I got so annoyed with the bitchy chick that I let the creature thing stab her in the eyes.

18. method115

method115 Titanium Belt

Yep this game looked like games I've played before. Lunacy is one on Sega Saturn that was just amazing and was just you moving around town talking to people and asking questions/solving riddles. Never got past the very end though got to hard had no clue what I needed to do.

19. A Bird

A Bird Green Belt

Best party game since Resident Evil 4. The whole press R2 then pull the thumbstick down mechanic makes every potentially terrible choice agonizing. Play until you die and pass is a great time.

20. Yari

Yari ななせまる

I feel exactly the same. I absolutely loved the game up to that point, even though I didn't like the setting that much (House in the woods). But once they went there, I just wanted the game to end.