Unstoppable: Why Rogan Won't Retire

Rate Rogan

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I guess Joe Rogan changed his mind about retiring from UFC

Believe it or not, living in fear of welterweight bully, Colby Covington, is not enough to keep Joe Rogan away from the UFC broadcast table.

In fact, the part-time funnyman plans to hang around for the foreseeable future, because the promotion was good enough to reduce his workload and keep him from becoming a network “sports guy.”

A solid reward for someone who helped UFC grow so fast.

“I do enjoy it,” Rogan said (via Forbes). “I cut way back. Because first of all, I was doing too many of them. At one point I was doing 24 a year, it was way too many. It was like half of the weekends of the year, I was flying somewhere to go to the UFC. It was too much.”

Rogan was burned out by the travel schedule and increased number of events, which had the former Fear Factor host contemplating retirement at a few points throughout his career, including here.

“That was before the UFC really started adding a bunch of people and it took a lot of the weight off of me,” he continued. “I don’t think about retiring because I like what I do. So I don’t think about ‘oh I need ‘X’ amount of money in the bank so I’m not going to do this very much longer’. I like all that stuff.”

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/1/23/18194688/joe-rogan-changed-his-mind-about-retiring-from-ufc

He's not that bad, but his BS is too much sometimes. Used to like him more
I give 5, cause that's just my opinion

He gets paid to attend events that most people have to pay to see. I wouldn't want to retire either.

Rogan certainly has more to do with the popularity and growth of the UFC than Dana IMO. But it's still the Fertitta'$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ big bankroll that should get about 90% of the credit.

Wihout Rogan Dana would have a tough time explaining his questionable decisions and favorites to fans. I am sure Joe benefits directly from the company revenues one way or another.

Fear is not a Factor for Rogan... just wish he would do more events.

I love Rogan, overall. Sometimes he gets caught up in hyperbole and adrenaline, but he's usually great.

Needs more links.

Rogan is fucking awesome. When he leaves I may just stop being a fan TBH. It'll be a new era and mean I'm too old to watch. On to Hockey or boring ass Baseball or some shit at that point.

My only major issue with Rogan is his bizarre prejudice against GSP.

Rogan is a fucking tool sometimes but I have to admit, it wouldn’t be the same without him.

Perhaps because he makes more than his podcast? and that is gooood money.

i enjoy hogaine but sometimes his bias and hyper hyping kinda ruins the fights but without him it wouldn't be UFC. most people know the UFC for Rogan.

Put it this way, he's an infinitely better commentator than comedian.

He does a better job with the UFC than he does on his own stand up

Back