Unsigned Middleweight Prospects

Thesnake101

Think about it, it worth it.
@Gold
Reaction score
After browsing through @Paul L's Unsigned Heavyweight Prospects and @DrGlaze's Unsigned Light Heavyweights, I decided to give it a shot myself and make one about the Middleweight division, since although it's arguably the best it has ever been, some of the guys at the top are close to retiring and are just ancient.

The fighters are each going to be ranked based around their skills, meaning that the guy that I feel has the most well rounded game and potential will be at the top (duh).

1. Mamed Khalidov (34-4-2)
Height: 6'0" Weight: 183.9 Age: 36 Reach: N/A

Mamed remains one of the most dangerous and experienced fighters to have never fought in the UFC. A finishing machine, Khalidov is a threat to anyone wherever the fight goes, boasting some notable finishes over fighters such as Michal Materla, Maiquel Falcao, Melvin Manhoef, Kendall Grove, Matt Lindland and Jorge Santiago to name a few.

Next fight: Not booked.

2. Leo Leite (10-0)
Height: 6'1" Weight: 183 Age: 38 Reach: 76.0"

Possibly the best fighter on this list next to Emeev, Leo is also the oldest. A Jiu Jitsu World Champion and Silver Medalist, he is as dangeorous as anyone on the ground. His age might be an issue since he's at the point where he could call it a day at any time, his credentials assure that if he does get a call from the UFC or Bellator, he will probably do big things there.

3. Trevin Giles (9-0)
Height: 6'0" Weight: 185 Age: 24 Reach: 76.5"

Trevin Giles is a Jack-of-all-trades with bricks for fists. Despite this, he frequently finds himself chasing after his opponents in a straight line with his chin up while throwing punches, and doing things like that could eventually end up with him eating a big shot that ends his night early. Where he does shine though, is in the grappling department, mixing devastating ground and pound with slick guard passes and debilitating choke holds.

4. Vyacheslav Vasilevsky (30-5)
Height: 5'10" Weight: 185 Age: 28 Reach: 74.0"

Possessing accurate boxing and good wrestling, Slava is one of the most complete and tough Middleweight fighters in the world. Having already fallen short to some of the elite in more than one occassion, his future as a top MW is uncertain.

Next fight: Not Booked

5. Robert Wilkinson (11-0)
Height: 6'2" Weight: 185 Age: 23 Reach: 75.5"

A product of the growing Australian MMA scene, Rob is a tall MW that is comfortable wherever the fight goes. While he does tend to favor striking instead of grappling most of the time, he is somewhat slow and predictable with his combinations, he has proven to be tough, and if he ends up in trouble on the feet, he will take the fight to the ground and try to choke his opponent out.

Next fight: Not Booked.

6. Brendan Allen (7-1)
Height: 6'2" Weight: 185 Age: N/A Reach: 77"

A nasty grappler, Allen has quickly become one of the top Middleweight up and comers in the US. Boasting a 100% finishing rate, Brendan has never seen the third round as a Pro. So far, the only blemish on his record is a submission defeat to fellow prospect Trevin Giles, in what was a back-and-forth affair. His penchant for stoppages might get him over with fans, and also a couple of bonuses if he were to get picked up by the UFC.

Next fight: vs. Eryk Anders (7-0) at LFA 14.

7. Bevon Lewis (3-0)
Height: 6'2" Weight: 185.2 Age: 26 Reach: N/A

Explosive but undersized Striker with a glaring weakness in his clinch game and wrestling. His training with top notch wrestlers such as Jon Jones and Devin Clark has seemingly fixed that though, as he beat a very good wrestler in Sonny Yohn with relative ease.

8. Alexey Butorin (12-1)
Height: 6'1" Weight: 185 Age: 30 Reach: N/A

A highly aggressive monster with teeth rattling KO power, Butorin has the kind of pressure that could break any opponent. Coming off of an impressive win over fellow MW prospect Jake Bostwick, his call may come soon. He will need to stay consistent though.

9. Oskar Piechota (8-0-1)
Height: 6'0" Weight: 188.9 Age: 27 Reach: N/A

To be profiled shortly.

Next fight: vs. Jason Radcliffe (11-2) at Cage Warriors 85.

10. Tim Williams (15-3)
Height: 6'2" Weight: 185 Age: 30 Reach: N/A

A veteran of TUF, Williams is at his best when he's on top of his opponent working for submissions or just grinding him. While two consecutive defeats to current UFC fighter Anthony Smith set him back, he has been undefeated ever since.

11. Ian Heinisch (8-0)
Height: 5'11" Weight: 185 Age: N/A Reach: 71"

A very physical fighter, Heinisch likes to get a hold of his opponents and drive them to the ground. While his way of fighting won't be very pleasing to many, especially due to the fact that he usually goes the distance, he's been adding a submission game to his already top notch wrestling.

12. Eryk Anders (7-0)
Height: 6'1" Weight: 185 Age: 29 Reach: N/A

A former Alabama Linebacker, Anders has made the transition to MMA slowly but surely. He has used explosive takedowns and crushing top control to beat most of his opponents on the mat. His striking, while unpolished, has a lot of power so even on the feet, he's no easy task. Whether he's ready for the big leagues or not remains to be seen, since his one dimensional approach will only carry him so far.

Next fight: vs. Brendan Allen (7-1) at LFA 14.

13. Israel Adesanya (9-0)
Height:6'3" Weight: 185 Age: 27 Reach: N/A

An experienced Kickboxer from New Zealand, Israel has the striking to give anyone trouble on the feet. His lanky build, however, means that bigger and stronger grapplers could give him a run for his money. The fact that he's currently trying to divide his time in Kickboxing and MMA means that we won't be seeing him in the UFC any time soon, but we could maybe see him competing in Bellator.

14. Jake Bostwick (18-9-1)
Height: 5'9" Weight: 185 Age: 26 Reach: N/A

To be profiled shortly.

15.Chase Waldon (11-2)
Height: 6'1" Weight: 185 Age: N/A Reach: 75.0"

To be profiled shortly

Honorable mentions:

Alton Cunningham (1-0): Possessing teeth rattling KO power - Really, he doesn't need to do so much as graze you for you to be on roller skates - Cunningham might be one to watch due to his athleticism and young age.

Sonny Yohn (2-2): A 3 time D1 All-American wrestler, Sonny Yohn is one of the brightest prospects coming out of Elevation Fight Team. With powerful takedowns and decent control on the ground, he could give a lot of guys trouble even at this stage of his career. If he can get his striking up to par, he could be one to watch out for.

Daniel Madrid (13-4): An aggressive grappler with decent striking, Madrid is a BJJ black belt that will try to finish the fight at any time. Having gone the distance only once, his cardio might be a bit suspect. He barely missed being on the rankings due to having mostly fought and beaten journeymen, his exciting style might lead him into a contract with a big company sooner or later though.

Adam Mutaliev, Chris Bachmeier, Deyan Topalski, Ken Hasegawa, Steven Cnudde, Lance Wright, Albert Duraev, Anthony Hernandez, Karl Roberson, Kevin Holland, Marcus Sanchez, Vladimir Mineev

Last edited:
Awesome! I'm glad someone finally made one for Middleweight. MW, LHW, and HW are the three mens divisions that need all the love they can get in terms of prospect scouting and bringing to light future stars.

7-0 Vladimir Mineev is a guy I could see in the UFC pretty soon. He has an ok kickboxing record too. Fighting Yasubey Enomoto this weekend (on Fight Pass). Enomoto is a good test, as he's durable, and really only loses to excellent fighters.

8-0 Borrachinha Costa. He lost on the TUF Brazil, but he's looked really good in Jungle Fights since. Nice jab, nice boxing in general.

Cool, nice work! Bellator should try to ink some of this guys (just saw the Halsey release off Bellator).
In my opinion Tokov is the top prospect

7-0 Vladimir Mineev is a guy I could see in the UFC pretty soon. He has an ok kickboxing record too. Fighting Yasubey Enomoto this weekend (on Fight Pass). Enomoto is a good test, as he's durable, and really only loses to excellent fighters.

8-0 Borrachinha Costa. He lost on the TUF Brazil, but he's looked really good in Jungle Fights since. Nice jab, nice boxing in general.
Mineev seems better suited for Welterweight and his fight with Enomoto is at a 180 Catchweight, good prospect nonetheless though. Good find on Costa, didn't see him.

Awesome! I'm glad someone finally made one for Middleweight. MW, LHW, and HW are the three mens divisions that need all the love they can get in terms of prospect scouting and bringing to light future stars.
I was originally going to make it about LW, but then thought "LW doesn't need it right now, it's thriving", so I decided to make one about a weight class that actually needs more talent.

ONGrGQtfHzo.jpg

M-1 champion Ramazan Emeev will face former ACB champion Anatoly Tokov in the main event of M-1 Challenge 73, December 9.

ONGrGQtfHzo.jpg

M-1 champion Ramazan Emeev will face former ACB champion Anatoly Tokov in the main event of M-1 Challenge 73, December 9.
Gatdawm, now that's a freaking fight. Either guy could finish it on the feet, but I give the slight edge to Tokov there. He's a little faster and more aggressive. Winner should definitely be signed by Bellator or the UFC.

Hell yeah man, I'll be following this thread closely! I'm glad you decided to make it. As Paul said, all 3 divisions definitely need love. Plus I always enjoy watching the guys who make the drop from 205 down to 185 perform.

Yea i second that, Mineev is legit. Also Shamil Abdulaev is a great prospect. IMO Mineev & Abdulaev are the next 2 great Russian Middleweights.

Ha great minds think alike - Costa was the other guy I was gonna mention. He's the best Brazilian MW prospect.

Jordan Wright & Jordan Young are a couple of Americans to keep an eye on (you have Young as an honourable mention).

Damn! Leite is 38?
What about Ken Hasegawa? Yeah he lost to Ward but I think he is the best Japan can offer at MW (plus he is 29)

Yea i second that, Mineev is legit. Also Shamil Abdulaev is a great prospect. IMO Mineev & Abdulaev are the next 2 great Russian Middleweights.

Seems like Abdulaev could be better suited for WW too, he has had some fights there. He isn't small by any means though, so I could see him staying at 185.

Damn! Leite is 38?
What about Ken Hasegawa? Yeah he lost to Ward but I think he is the best Japan can offer at MW (plus he is 29)
I don't rate him that highly, but if he keeps on winning I'll put him on the list.

Jordan Wright & Jordan Young are a couple of Americans to keep an eye on (you have Young as an honourable mention).
Gotta wait for Wright to face more legit opposition first, he also seems to be on the short side at 5'9", so WW could be better for him.

ONGrGQtfHzo.jpg

M-1 consistently puts on top quality fights that fly under the radar

Good one man. Tried this myself a couple times, lot of research and commitment involved in maintaining but, as with Paul and Glaze's threads, I'll do my best to drop by and contribute!

Agree with your list!!

Interested to see how this guy pans out.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Steven-Cnudde-80319

Submitted Bellator veteran Kelly Anundson in his pro debut and TKO'd Cheick Kone in his third fight. 6/6 wins inside the distance.

He's another i've been keeping an eye on for a good while, but he's only had 2 fights in the past 3 and a half years. I believe he is 27 or 28 and his last fight in 2015 was actually at Welterweight. He was meant to fight Rob Wilkinson last week at Middleweight but pulled out a couple of weeks before due to injury. I'm close to giving up on him - he is like Walter Gahadza - Too injury prone and getting older.

Updated the original post to put whether guys have fights booked or not, also added more prospects in the Honorable mentions batch.

What about Phil Hawes? Vagab Vagabov? Vitaly Bigdash? Or does WSoF and One count as them being signed?

He's moving to Welterweight. He's participating in DEEP's Welterweight tournament that's kicking off this weekend.

PM me a place to watch please. I don't have it in my Canadian region. TY and cheers

Back