Unsigned Light Heavyweights

According to Sherdog, Vinny Magalhaes defeated previously undefeated Jorge Gonzalez on the 19th. I have never heard of Gonzalez before now. Is anyone familiar with him, and does he have potential to go places?

Agreed, I think with at least 2 or 3 more good showings after his next bout he should be ready. Martell on the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing on the next UK card.

Definitely agree with Martell.

Is Cully a natural 205er?

Can definitely be a better MW.

Priscus Fogagnolo one of the Oceania's top light heavies.

Another who'd be better off at MW, he's not very tall, hasn't fought for a while either has he?

That'd be amazing. Looking forward to it!

Huebbe had a no contest. Will get the video uploaded later. He took a low blow knee and the ref got there to separate them and while that was going on he got kneed in the head and knocked out while hunched over from the nut knee.

Last edited:
According to Sherdog, Vinny Magalhaes defeated previously undefeated Jorge Gonzalez on the 19th. I have never heard of Gonzalez before now. Is anyone familiar with him, and does he have potential to go places?

It's really tough to tell with fighters in places that haven't traditionally been MMA hotbeds. Other Than Magalhaes, Gonzales has only faced one other opponent with a winning record, and is the only fighter some of his opponents have faced.

Huebbe had a no contest. Will get the video uploaded later. He took a low blow knee and the ref got there to separate them and while that was going on he got kneed in the head and knocked out while hunched over from the nut knee.

Holy crap. Talk about bad luck, damn.

It's really tough to tell with fighters in places that haven't traditionally been MMA hotbeds. Other Than Magalhaes, Gonzales has only faced one other opponent with a winning record, and is the only fighter some of his opponents have faced.

That's the problem with the light heavyweight division in general, it's so shallow guys get by as bloated middleweights. It's definitely more common in low talent regions, especially in the heavier weight classes.

Shamir Garcia just signed with Bellator. Fights on September 12th. Seems a little light though. Fought Ray lopez at 200lbs. Although a solid win, that seems pretty light for a LHW

Shamir Garcia just signed with Bellator. Fights on September 12th. Seems a little light though. Fought Ray lopez at 200lbs. Although a solid win, that seems pretty light for a LHW

Wasn't his last fight at middleweight?

Wasn't his last fight at middleweight?

Was it? I know that he beat ray lopez which is a solid win at 200 lbs. Sherdog has him as a LHW. Mixedmartialarts although not reliable has him as 6-0 his last fight a win over Marcus Reynolds, who normally fights at MW.

We'll see what division he choses to go into, he can make both.

Looking through some of the available guys from the US at 205, I'd actually like to see Legacy sign Jeremy Osheim. They'd then have Dennis, Jolly, and Osheim in their roster.

Looking through some of the available guys from the US at 205, I'd actually like to see Legacy sign Jeremy Osheim. They'd then have Dennis, Jolly, and Osheim in their roster.

I would like that especially with Legacy's close ties with the UFC. If he ever gets healthy and returns, 5-0 Justin Ledet had 2 fights scheduled with Legacy. At 25, there is still a lot of time for him to return.

Trevor Prangley is returning on the 14th. He's staying pretty active, I would like to see him sign with One with a win.

Also, 6-0 Saparbek Safarov fights Dovletdzhan Yagshimiradov at ProFC 54.

Last edited:
Was wondering what had happened to Safarov, he's not a bad little prospect. Maybe he was having trouble finding an organisation to fight in after the weigh in debacle with Narkun a couple of years ago.

Was wondering what had happened to Safarov, he's not a bad little prospect. Maybe he was having trouble finding an organisation to fight in after the weigh in debacle with Narkun a couple of years ago.

Pro FC is a good place for him as long as he keeps his hands to himself outside of the fight.lol I think Narkun is a much more promising prospect.

David Sholler, future LHW champion of the world. He comin for dat belt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back