Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

I'd like to see him getting at least 2 or 3 more fights with LFA before going to DWTNCS and UFC after, but i understand that they need new blood there..
At least UFC has many freaks like Grabowski, Asker and Coulter that Adams would dominate.

His striking reaally needs work.

Where does Adams train? I saw some photos of him Blaydes in Bang t-shirts, so I guess he went there for a bit. Also, saw on his Instagram that he has been invited to WWE try outs. Not sure if he wants to balance it with his MMA career.

Where does Adams train? I saw some photos of him Blaydes in Bang t-shirts, so I guess he went there for a bit. Also, saw on his Instagram that he has been invited to WWE try outs. Not sure if he wants to balance it with his MMA career.

Aw he better not go down that fucking route.

Aw he better not go down that fucking route.

He wants the ufc belt, this would just be a relationship builder, which makes sense. Instead of just waiting to be champ then crossing over maybe he can get a little exposure from WWE, create a unique path to stardome...

As far as a rush to the ufc, there’s no one outside of the top 15 he wouldn’t work today, and shit, imagine what he’d do w some top 10, Derrick Lewis would be done in a few minutes (they’ve trained together)... He looks more dominant than Blaydes did in his rise up, and he’s doing it against legit pros w positive records. Plenty of low level UFC heavies didn’t even fight more than one positive record before getting to the UFC (Golm, Spitz, Sherman, Coulter, etc.)...Blaydes didn’t have any striking before fighting East, Juan has more at this level, and like Blaydes he’ll pick it up quickly. I understand Juan may be running thru JW soon...

He's been training in many different gyms like at Elevation with Blaydes, FightLab and Paradigm Center, idk where he did the majority of his last camp tho

He wants the ufc belt, this would just be a relationship builder, which makes sense. Instead of just waiting to be champ then crossing over maybe he can get a little exposure from WWE, create a unique path to stardome...

As far as a rush to the ufc, there’s no one outside of the top 15 he wouldn’t work today, and shit, imagine what he’d do w some top 10, Derrick Lewis would be done in a few minutes (they’ve trained together)... He looks more dominant than Blaydes did in his rise up, and he’s doing it against legit pros w positive records. Plenty of low level UFC heavies didn’t even fight more than one positive record before getting to the UFC (Golm, Spitz, Sherman, Coulter, etc.)...Blaydes didn’t have any striking before fighting East, Juan has more at this level, and like Blaydes he’ll pick it up quickly. I understand Juan may be running thru JW soon...
WWE would be a waste of time, time he could invest in his training, he certainly has a lot of room to improve, specially with his striking. Confident like he is i think he'd get exposed quickly in UFC by someone with great TDD and good striking.

He does look dominant, much more than Blaydes did, but it's because of 1) his heavy wrestling style where Blaydes is more technical and 2) poor competition, just look the .500 guys he's been fighting, he needs some real tests before UFC and i think at this point a step up in competition would be valid, Jeff Hughes for example or Odoms are legit threats

No one you came with had less than 5 fights at MMA before UFC. He lacks experience and that's fundamental to go far. I've my doubts how he would perform against some guys like Willis, Ledet, Abdurakhimov, Bhullar so yeah, let's not rush or overhype him please, no reason to.

27067479_10155536022213802_6876209387318434348_n.jpg

Calyn Hull (2-0) will fight Patrick Martin (5-3) at LFA 34 on March 2nd. I hope he continues to fight for LFA.

Nice, Paul L wanted Calyn Hull fighting in LFA so lets see how he fares!

William Santos 5-4 vs. Fernando Batista II 6-5
Anthony Garrett 3-1 vs. Chris Beal 3-5
David Hammons 1-4 vs. Kyle Hurley 0-0
Denis Polekhin 2-4 vs. Kirill Ilyichev 0-0
Travis Wiuff 75-21 vs. Greg Rebello 23-8
Fabiano Scherner 11-10 vs. Tony Lopez 56-27
Admir Bogucanin 8-1 vs. Aleksandar Joketic 0-1

you missed out on juan's odd style of dress at LFA the other night. i thought he'd be a quite monster, turns out he is tyson pedro levels of fun

Yeah Adams needs a lot of work. No striking offensively and defensively he gets tagged moving forward in a straight line and hands slightly down. He is still young in his career and so he has time to develop. I believe he has another fight soon so hopefully they start to build him up well and throw him on the contender series.

https://mma-today.com/former-acb-ch...sergei-kharitonov-vs-joey-beltran-also-booked
Heading up the card will be former ACB heavyweight champion, DenisGoltsov, who is believed to be a free agent after his six-fight/two year deal expired. MMA Today is of the understanding that Goltsov’s contract ran it’s term after five fights as ACB couldn’t book him in time for a sixth fight within the contracted two year time frame.

Looks like now Goltsov is not under contracts with ACB.

Dustin Clements 2-1 vs. Nkemdirim Oti 2-2
Kleber Silva 14-7 vs. Dimitriy Mikutsa 7-4
José Agustin 5-3 vs. Adam Bogatirov 5-0
Rafał Kijańczuk 0-0 vs. Ireneusz Strawa 0-2
Alexander Romanov 6-0 vs. Alexander Stolyarov 17-6
David Lopez 0-2 vs. Emiliano Hugo 0-0
Russell Lamons 0-2 vs. Kevin Sears 6-4
Chris Stanton 1-2 vs. Jason Bender 0-8
Lee Mein 8-13 (jordan mein's 50 year old bad touch dad) vs. Steve Roy 2-2
Vladimir Vladimirovich Danilov 1-0 vs. Zair Pirov 0-0

a weekend of cans, at least ufc has prospects

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/49668-bamma-34-lohore-vs-brazier

Stav Economou 18-5 vs Chi Lewis Parry 6-0 title fight Bamma March 9th

I hope the fight actually happens. Parry has bad luck/problems with actually following through with fights.

Nice, Paul L wanted Calyn Hull fighting in LFA so lets see how he fares!

He'll get past this one. He's got solid wrestling, he's fast, and he's got a good submission game. There's a few questions on gas tank and striking, but he seems good so far.

Wow, that's a big loss... I think Goltsov could have taken the belt back, he just has to adapt to a stronger wrestling game, which I think he can do. Hopefully he gets a UFC call up now though.

José Agustin 5-3 vs. Adam Bogatirov 5-0
Alexander Romanov 6-0 vs. Alexander Stolyarov 17-6

Bogatirov is great, although I feel he'd be better suited to LHW. I'll be adding him to the main post with a win here.

Romanov is also solid, his wrestling/sumo background is a rarity too. On the US scene his game may not be as unique, but against mostly strikers/submission fighters, his suffocating top game is tough to beat.

British heavyweight Phil de Fries has signed a four-fight deal with KSW.

Awful news guys but Juan Adams may be going to WWE. He was named as one the current people trying out.

Bogatirov wins in the first. I can't find if Romanov won yet though, nothing on Twitter or Google, at least in a language that I can understand.

Kharitonov said that his next fight in Bellator is planned for May. Said that his fight with Minakov is not happening and now this talk about this fight is just a PR stunt for Fight Nights to gain more attention.

And from what I remember head of Fight Nights back in December said that seems like Kharitonov is not interested in that fight and fight may be off.

Back