Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Today on Open FC event at the side of the cage there were posters of next event according to which Maslov vs. Keresh happens at March 20. And according to thread here, Keresh is fighting at PFL March 25. I guess he will choose a PFL over Open and soon Open will announce new main event.

Maslov Vs Belostenniy would be cool, though I reckon Maslov would duck him. Maslov Vs Kornilov would be cool too.

Maslov Vs Belostenniy would be cool, though I reckon Maslov would duck him. Maslov Vs Kornilov would be cool too.
I doubt that we are gonna see Maslov, Kornilov, Popov, Belostenniy fighting each other. I suspect their mma goal is to get a good record and good contract with UFC/Bellator/ONE/PFL.

Maslov & Belostenniy are teammates they aren't going to fight each-other.

This is a perfect time for the UFC to sign Belostenniy. It's not as though he is going to continue to be tested. Not sure where he goes from here if a North-American promotion does not pick him up.

Maslov & Belostenniy are teammates they aren't going to fight each-other.

This is a perfect time for the UFC to sign Belostenniy. It's not as though he is going to continue to be tested. Not sure where he goes from here if a North-American promotion does not pick him up.

Depends if they're still operating the Russian quota with HW, but Oleinik and Shamil are both getting old so maybe there'll be a couple of open spots soon.

Cunha lost on his ONE debut

Maslov, Bilostenniy, Kornilov (and Volkov) all train together. We ain't getting those fights anytime soon i think.
Don't know about Popov, that one could happen. Not sure about Soldatkin either. I hope we can get at least 1 or 2 fights out of those 5 guys.

Interesting thread but it doesn't look like anyone really interesting is coming up.

You'd pretty much have to get rid of 205 to have a strong HW division. A lot of those guys are walking around at 230+ and could easily beef up even more if 205 wasn't an option.

Going off feedback, most people want a new fresh look to this thread.

What I'm going to do is remove some of the names that have been on here for 5+ years and profile a large amount of new names. The plan is to add around 20 new profiles to the main post. I'm also going to change the second (currently unused) post to include names suggested by the community, that way everyone can contribute.

I'm also going to (eventually) make a new post on all the fighters that have been profiled here and where they are now. We've all been nerding out on MMA for a long time, and some of the names have gone on to become champions (the first unpublished draft had Stipe Miocic on it!).

The thread makeover ETA should be early April. Stay tuned!

Maslov appears to have signed with ARES FC and will be fighting on their May card.

I would be surprised if the UFC is not taking a hard look at him considering the matchmaking is straight out of the UFC playbook for a HW whose size they feel could become a detriment if not tested early. He is fighting a 6"7 opponent that appears to cut down to the limit but who on paper seemingly has no business being matched up with Maslov.

Last edited:
Maslov appears to have signed with ARES FC and will be fighting on their May card.

I would be surprised if the UFC is not taking a hard look at him considering the matchmaking is straight of the UFC playbook for a HW whose size they feel could become a detriment if not tested early. He is fighting a 6"7 opponent that appears to cut down to the limit but who on paper seemingly has no business being matched up with Maslov.
LOL Thomas Narmo. Narmo is horrendous and this is absolutely a can crushing bout

Waldo meets Thomas Petersen later this week in what is as good a HW fight as it could possibly get for the US regional scene. Winner probably gets a spot on the contender series if not outright fast-tracked into the UFC.

I re-wrote the main post, added a second community suggestion post, and I just need to profile each of the prospects I listed. If you want a sneak peak at who I picked for the list this time around, I have all the names up.

I'm going to be chipping away at a handful of profiles a week until I finish every fighter. Then I will make the "where are they now" post for some of the older prospects on previous lists!

All the good fights this weekend getting cancelled, first Maslov and Bajor, now Buchecha Vs Cunha has gone.

I re-wrote the main post, added a second community suggestion post, and I just need to profile each of the prospects I listed. If you want a sneak peak at who I picked for the list this time around, I have all the names up.

I'm going to be chipping away at a handful of profiles a week until I finish every fighter. Then I will make the "where are they now" post for some of the older prospects on previous lists!

That Ben Tynan guy is weird looking! Like fucking Hulk Hogan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back