Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Keresh is big and athletic, should make for a good fight. Taking Maslov too, not confidently though.

So, it's been 10 years today since I started these Unsigned Heavyweights posts. I'm planning on redoing the main posts very soon, but at the same time, I'd like to know if there's anything you all would like to see added. What would increase engagement? What do you want less of? What do you want more of?

Shoot me some ideas, let's have some fun with this and see what we can do to increase the visibility of heavyweight prospects.

So, it's been 10 years today since I started these Unsigned Heavyweights posts. I'm planning on redoing the main posts very soon, but at the same time, I'd like to know if there's anything you all would like to see added. What would increase engagement? What do you want less of? What do you want more of?

Shoot me some ideas, let's have some fun with this and see what we can do to increase the visibility of heavyweight prospects.

It's gone very quiet in here for almost a year, it seems. I'd say just start afresh, new first post, get some banter going!

I'd be content with more of the same content, I've always loved these threads.

On another note, how frustrating is it that Pavlovich has gone more than two years without a UFC fight now (and nothing seemingly on the horizon).

On another note, how frustrating is it that Pavlovich has gone more than two years without a UFC fight now (and nothing seemingly on the horizon).
Messed up his knee pretty badly so that was one year off, then visa issues since. Sucks, but will be the case with tons off russian guys until they start doing international events

He is booked for the London card I believe.

You should make a "what happened after" post aswell and evaluate it :)

Fucks sake. I really wanted to see Cunha in the UFC.
Contender Series should run all year, like an event a month. That way you don't have top prospects sitting out a year to get a spot which they might miss out on if they get injured or etc. You look at the records off alot off the guys on DWCS and it seems a ton just sit out long periods off time once they get knowledge that they are getting a shot

But also why not just sign Cunha outright? It's not like HW in UFC is such a stacked division? Alan Baudot gets a straight contract but they insisting Cunha has to take the Contender route?

Contender Series should run all year, like an event a month. That way you don't have top prospects sitting out a year to get a spot which they might miss out on if they get injured or etc. You look at the records off alot off the guys on DWCS and it seems a ton just sit out long periods off time once they get knowledge that they are getting a shot

But also why not just sign Cunha outright? It's not like HW in UFC is such a stacked division? Alan Baudot gets a straight contract but they insisting Cunha has to take the Contender route?

Couldn't agree more.

Mezhiev is finally back in KSW but has dropped to 205. Interesting to see how he does against the first non can of his career though.

Mezhiev is finally back in KSW but has dropped to 205. Interesting to see how he does against the first non can of his career though.

Back? Tapology and Fight Finder doesn’t show any of his fights there. Also he is third Chechen, after Soldaev and Banukaev that they signed in 2022.

Back? Tapology and Fight Finder doesn’t show any of his fights there. Also he is third Chechen, after Soldaev and Banukaev that they signed in 2022.

I meant back as in back fighting, not specifically back in KSW.

Check out the full roster of fighters who be a part of Team Peña or Team Nunes:

MEN’S HEAVYWEIGHTS

• Nyle Bartling, 29 (6-0)
  • Chandler Cole, 27 (8-3)
  • Jordan Heiderman, 30 (5-0)
  • Bobby Maximus, 43 (5-4)
  • Zac Pauga, 33 (5-0)
  • Eduardo Perez, 27 (4-1)
  • Mitchell Sipe, 25 (5-2)
  • Mohammed Usman, 32 (7-2)

• Weak tuf cast

Check out the full roster of fighters who be a part of Team Peña or Team Nunes:

MEN’S HEAVYWEIGHTS

• Nyle Bartling, 29 (6-0)
  • Chandler Cole, 27 (8-3)
  • Jordan Heiderman, 30 (5-0)
  • Bobby Maximus, 43 (5-4)
  • Zac Pauga, 33 (5-0)
  • Eduardo Perez, 27 (4-1)
  • Mitchell Sipe, 25 (5-2)
  • Mohammed Usman, 32 (7-2)

• Weak tuf cast

Much better than I expected. Better than the last one.

Maslov injured so fight with Keresh was rescheduled for March.

Superheavyweight title fight happens in AMC FN at March 25 between Grigoriy Ponomarev and Yusup Shuaev.
Today on Open FC event at the side of the cage there were posters of next event according to which Maslov vs. Keresh happens at March 20. And according to thread here, Keresh is fighting at PFL March 25. I guess he will choose a PFL over Open and soon Open will announce new main event.

Back