[UNREAL] WBC Prez Supports Luis Nery, Does Not Believe He Was Doping

cuban23

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
"I am convinced that there was no [doping]. It is a complicated issue because of the legality of doping, but he is a clean young man and he has shown it. He fights to make weight and this type of substance [he tested positive for] is used to gain weight - so it's illogical. I think this week we will end this case," Sulaiman said.

"We are going through the process of the 'Clean Boxing Program ', we have had many instances where the subject has been fully investigated for a substance that is proven to be very similar to clenbuterol. We are finishing the paperwork [on his case]. I respect his need to return to the ring, he has been given the authorization and we are very close to giving him a resolution on the matter." - boxingscene

The WBC gets exposed again, and now they have no credibility whatsoever.

Obvious conspiracy to prevent Cubans from taking over boxing. .

Rigondeaux continues to be blacklisted...

Lara robbed not only from the Paul Williams fight, but also the canelo fight...

And now this.

I encourage all true boxing fans to boycott the sport until these warriors are given the respect they deserve.

Who's with me?

While it does seem very questionable on the face of it, WADA itself has confirmed that there has been widespread contamination of clenbuterol and similar substances in cattle meat in certain countries (Mexico being one of them) that have caused hundreds of positive tests.

Here is a direct quote from this year from Olivier Niggli, the Director General of WADA, concerning the prosecution of athletes who have tested positive for clenbuterol:

we maintain that disciplinary proceedings against athletes with low level urinary concentrations, from countries known for significant risk of exposure, would have little to no prospect of success; and, would be very unfair to the athletes concerned

WADA also said:

Ultimately, reason must prevail when the circumstances of a positive case indicate that the athlete has been in one of the identified countries where clenbuterol meat contamination is significant. Until research provides the means to clearly and absolutely distinguish between contamination and pharmacological intake with low levels of clenbuterol, all cases must be managed fairly, in the interest of clean sport.

Basically, WADA itself has suggested that there are clear situations where Nery could be deemed to be in the clear.

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/media/news/2017-04/wada-statement-on-ard-documentary

While it does seem very questionable on the face of it, WADA itself has confirmed that there has been widespread contamination of clenbuterol and similar substances in cattle meat in certain countries (Mexico being one of them) that have caused hundreds of positive tests.

Here is a direct quote from this year from Olivier Niggli, the Director General of WADA, concerning the prosecution of athletes who have tested positive for clenbuterol:

WADA also said:

Basically, WADA itself has suggested that there are clear situations where Nery could be deemed to be in the clear.

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/media/news/2017-04/wada-statement-on-ard-documentary
IDK, didn't a bunch of Russian fighters get caught with Meldolonium with a semi-plausible excuse (including Povetkin)? I don't really believe any of them and I don't really believe Nery either. It's possible he's innocent but he looked physically a lot different vs Shinsuke. I'm all for giving a fighter the benefit of the doubt but this one is quesiotnable at best IMO.

WADA also said:

If that's true, then maybe the should stay away from meat. Or have it imported. What they're doing is creating a slippery slope. Next Mexican fighter who pummels their opponent and then gets caught for steroids will blame it on meat again and get off.

This is a very bad look. Especially considering that he got popped in August. Ortiz got suspended and they punished him for negligence. Same is the case with Nery, but he gets let off.

If that's true, then maybe the should stay away from meat. Or have it imported. What they're doing is creating a slippery slope. Next Mexican fighter who pummels their opponent and then gets caught for steroids will blame it on meat again and get off.

This is a very bad look. Especially considering that he got popped in August. Ortiz got suspended and they punished him for negligence. Same is the case with Nery, but he gets let off.
IDK, didn't a bunch of Russian fighters get caught with Meldolonium with a semi-plausible excuse (including Povetkin)? I don't really believe any of them and I don't really believe Nery either. It's possible he's innocent but he looked physically a lot different vs Shinsuke. I'm all for giving a fighter the benefit of the doubt but this one is quesiotnable at best IMO.

Yeah, it's obviously problematic, my point was just that WADA (the overarching governing body for anti-doping worldwide) has pointed out that clenbuterol and other substances similar to it are frequently found in meat in many countries worldwide (Mexico included), and through fairly rigorous studies they've found that many (as in hundreds) cases of positives were likely caused by contaminated meat. They've suggested leniency, at the very least, in prosecuting cases of clenbuterol positives under certain circumstances (which Nery's situation may or may not fall under), making potential clemency shown by the WBC in this particular ruling not necessarily out of step with the leading authority in anti-doping worldwide (meaning clemency wouldn't necessarily suggest corruption).

Fuck this fat fool.

This guy has absolutely zero damn in throwing one of the modern greats and Japanese boxing icons under the bus for some Mexican bum.

And if the meat is tainted, then don't eat meat. Eat veggies, fish or dirt.

If yamanaka won the fight and got popped for roids. He would've got his wbc belt striped already.

statement makes no sense
his opinion cannot deny science

but then again money, politics, personal connections rule boxing

Well if you're from Mexico then why wouldn't you use Clenbuterol if you automatically get a free pass?

Fuck this fat fool.

This guy has absolutely zero damn in throwing one of the modern greats and Japanese boxing icons under the bus for some Mexican bum.

And if the meat is tainted, then don't eat meat. Eat veggies, fish or dirt.

The whole doping discussion aside, calling Yamanaka a modern great is a bit much.

Of course. They've shown their true colors.
If yamanaka won the fight and got popped for roids. He would've got his wbc belt striped already.

statement makes no sense
his opinion cannot deny science

but then again money, politics, personal connections rule boxing

The WBC aside (which has undoubtedly shown a proclivity towards corruption in the past, especially towards Mexican fighters), simply calling any kind of clemency shown towards Nery (which hasn't actually been done yet) as necessarily corrupt is lazy at best. Is the next step to say that WADA is bought by the WBC?

The whole doping discussion aside, calling Yamanaka a modern great is a bit much.

He is most definitely a great of the Bantamweight division! I don't know what you're referring to.

The WBC aside (which has undoubtedly shown a proclivity towards corruption in the past, especially towards Mexican fighters), simply calling any kind of clemency shown towards Nery (which hasn't actually been done yet) as necessarily corrupt is lazy at best. Is the next step to say that WADA is bought by the WBC?

Its VADA that does WBC testing, not WADA.

as far as BWs go? He's definitely the greatest in like the past decade or so. ATG is a stretch though. TBH, I don't think his (pro) resume is substantially below GGGs.

Last edited:
Back