Unpopular wrestling opinions

ECW, outside of a few select guys/events was/is overrated as fuck.

The Rock's promos (at least since he has come back) are kinda shit.

Submission match at WM13 isn't that good.

davey richards is better than shawn michaels,

Samoa Joe should stay in NXT. Not that hes not good enough for the main roster, but NXT needs him right now

ECW, outside of a few select guys/events was/is overrated as fuck.

The Rock's promos (at least since he has come back) are kinda shit.

Submission match at WM13 isn't that good.

The first point is borderline. The latter two are truly unpopular opinions. Austin vs Hart at Mania 13 not good? Rock cuts weak promos? That's pretty out there.

Bret-Shawn at 1992 Survivor Series is better than Bret-Shawn WM12.

Owen's one of the greatest KotR tournament winners in history.

Rick Rude's career falls short when compared to Jake Roberts' career.

Perfect should have been a World (Heavyweight) champion.

Bill Goldberg's simply not a top 50 wrestler of all time.

I would have rather seen Shawn be the one to beat Undertaker at WM than to have Brock hold the honor.

Undertaker had less aura than Andre.

Last edited:
Brock Lesnar's professional wrestling career is awful. He's boring on the mic, has boring matches, and he can't wrestle for shit.

Hogan wasn't a good wrestler either, but at least he had the charisma and showmanship to make up for it.

Shawn Michaels should have been a tag team wrestler his entire career.

The first point is borderline. The latter two are truly unpopular opinions. Austin vs Hart at Mania 13 not good? Rock cuts weak promos? That's pretty out there.

The submission match, despite its gimmick, ended up being pretty much a dull street fight for much of it, with them brawling around the outside. I hate that shit. Austin/Hart at Survivor Series '96 is way better.

I wouldn't say The Rock has always cut weak promos, but since his return in 2011, he has gotten VERY stale.

Even though its clear he's a top guy, right now is just not Reigns time. I see a lot of people have changed their opinion on him, but putting the belt on him right now isnt whats best for him or best for business. He really needs that heel turn

Marty Jannetty was a better wrestler than Shawn Michaels during their tag team run.

Last edited:
Even though its clear he's a top guy, right now is just not Reigns time. I see a lot of people have changed their opinion on him, but putting the belt on him right now isnt whats best for him or best for business. He really needs that heel turn
I can agree with that. I think it's mainly Vince that sees and wants Roman to be the top guy, but the fans for the most part see that it's Vince pushing for that and a lot don't like it. It doesn't help they keep teasing the Shield reunion over and over. Hell, even Cena had a singles heel run, then the 13 or so years of a face run.

Thuganomics Cena was great, the random rap battles were some fun moments especially with Christian and Kurt Angle. I thought for sure Orton was gonna be the massive star between him and Cena when both started to gain their footing.

Thuganomics Cena was great, the random rap battles were some fun moments especially with Christian and Kurt Angle. I thought for sure Orton was gonna be the massive star between him and Cena when both started to gain their footing.

When that generation all first started coming up I put a lot of stock into Batista. I think I figured Cena would wind up doing big things but man how could anyone have known at that point.

macho man is the greatest wrestling gimmick ever. He does everything at a 10. Gimmick, charisma, mic skills, workmanship and drawing power. He Can do all

macho man is the greatest wrestling gimmick ever. He does everything at a 10. Gimmick, charisma, mic skills, workmanship and drawing power. He Can do all

Nope, not unpopular at all really.

We all love Macho on here.

Marty Jannetty was a better wrestler than Shawn Michaels during their tag team run.

It's hard to imagine now, but if we could go back in time, I think a lot of people would've pegged Jannetty as the potential break out singles star over Shawn.

Back