Unpopular wrestling opinions

Bobby Roode stinks in the ring.

cien could be the best heel in nxt

I am pleasantly surprised to see people being real about Ric Flair. Great promo (back in the day) mediocre in ring. Took a massive shit on his legacy in the last 20 years.

Now for mine:

If you can't cut a promo - fuck off!

Roman Reigns is destined to be a failure if he continues on his current path. It's like they aren't even trying with him.

CM Punk was much better than folks here think.

WWE actively sabotages wrestlers. I have heard enough wrestlers either hint at it or outright say it to not be in denial about it.

wCw 2000 was infinitely more entertaining than modern day WWE. Clusterfuck or not, shit was entertaining.

TV ratings still matter, don't kid yourselves. Minus a TV show WWE would be finished.

I think that WWE is royally fucked after the AE/WCW Guys call it a day. I can't see anybody being nostalgic for Cena vs Orton.

Vince Russo > Jim Tardnette. I don't think that there is a single wrestling personality who my opinion has soured on more than Jim as a result of listening to his podcast.

PG =/= squeaky clean content. WWF was PG up until early 1998! Member 1997 and how awesome it was?

Vince McMahon's crazy work ethic means nothing to me when the show sucks.

Bonus:

A smaller guy beating a bigger guy is not - repeat NOT unrealistic. Amazing that this would need to be said in a pro wrestling section on a freaking mma forum. See: Rich Clementi vs Rumble, Randy/Fedor vs Timmeh, Roy KOing Struve. Also a significant chunk of the careers of Fedor, Royce and Sakuraba and fucking Minowa!

def some salty posts here.

Kevin Nash was overrated.

Christian>>>>Edge on the mic and in the ring

Sean O'Haire shouldve gotten a monster push that led to the title

Steiners heel WCW title run was great, he was a legit badass that was believable as a monster

Vince Russo was weird but put together a strangely entertaining product. I'll add more in a bit when my boss isn't lurking lol

Sean O'Haire shouldve gotten a monster push that led to the title

Supposedly, cutting a live promo with him was an issue. Shouldn't have mattered. He never should've been split up from Jindrak. A good manager and they'd have been the new Road Warriors.

Steiner's heel WCW title run was great, he was a legit badass that was believable as a monster

He was actually reminiscent of Superstar Graham in those promos.

Austin's heel music was better than his face music

Nu metal themes were the apex/zenith/peak of theme music.

Could be about anything in wrestling.

- I thought Biker Taker was a better gimmick than Deadman Taker.
- TNA was better than the WWE in 2007-8.
- On occasion, I like to watch deathmatch wrestling more than technical wrestling.
- Christian should have stayed with TNA
- Dean Malenko was boring.
- I find HBK to be overrated
- Triple H and Chris Jericho should have never been babyfaces.
- The Survivor Series should only do the "Team Raw vs Team SD" thing sparingly, if at all. I believe it messes with the concept of keeping the two brands separate.
- 2006 WWECW was pretty good

15826355_1251659251583528_609498413240827404_n.jpg

Seriously though, for all the well deserved praise HBK gets, he was never has big as Hogan, The Rock, and Austin. Same goes for Bret. Bret and HBK were champs during some lean WWF years.

WWE has sucked since the idiotic decision to job Lesnar to Big Show in late 2002. Had to be HHH being a jealous bitch.

Cena needs to go away and not come back. For all the good he's done for the brand, he's been over used, depended on way too much, and killed more pushes and angles than he should have (see: Nexus, Bray, and Rusev just for starters).

Disagree about Roode but agree about Almas.

Almas is gold buried beneath gold.
I just think Roode has a great personality and is strong on the mic but his in-ring work isn't super exciting and I have never liked his move set. Great spinbuster though.

Back